Author Topic: Here are four special teaser posters that you likely have never seen before!  (Read 19236 times)

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
Hey, I thought there was supposed no talk about pee-pee's in association with "Top Gun" here?

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Nah, it's EYES WIDE SHUT, his only s good film IMHO and a fantastic film it is. Don't believe the nay Sayers they are just jealous of SKs wonderful talent in choosing two idiots,me no happen to be exactly perfect for this film.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Just to be clear, you incessantly go off on what you consider Top Gun "humor",  but when someone makes a (humorous) comment back to you about how you say that fighter jets look like phalli, then that's not OK, because you think it was a personal insinuation that is provoking you?  Wow, and you say that I take everything literally...  

If you're gonna dish out a bunch of *jokes about stuff (in this case you see Tom Cruise and you can't hold back from saying something about "penises and jets") then you should be able to receive some *jokes (that are based on your initial comments), without getting all wound up about it, right?

Re-read your original unsolicited post.  You insinuated far beyond seeing "penises and jets" on a Top Gun daybill.  It was a deliberate provocation - why else write the post the way you did?

It does not surprise me in the least that you cannot perceive the difference between making comments/jokes/remarks about a MOVIE or an ACTOR or a POSTER vs. those directed at another forum member on a personal level. 

How much are you paying these days to remain Chair of the Top Gun fanboy club?

Chris

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
I was joking about your usual Top Gun banter, you know, how you see "Tom Cruise" or "Top Gun" and you almost always immediately jump to saying how the fighter jets on that art look like phalli.  

That was my Top Gun daybill in the auction that sold at emovie last night, so I could say that all your Top Gun "humor" (all of which started after I won that daybill and some people here jumped on the Tom Cruise/Top Gun jokes/hater wagon immediately thereafter) was personal, and that's what caused me to sell it, but I'm not going to say that, because I know that those are just jokes.

Why don't I go on a new campaign to call some of your stuff "phallic" and “homoerotic” every time I see someone like Humphrey Bogart on a title for your noir daybills, title cards, etc.?  First of all, because I don't act like that, whether I'm sitting behind a computer and talking on a public forum or not, and second because you have proven that sometimes the people who throw around that kind of humor are also the people who are the least able to accept the same humor when it is directed back at them.  If you're gonna dish it out, as you do constantly with Tom Cruise and Top Gun, then you should be able to take it.  Although you’re sitting behind a computer and keyboard, you’re on a public forum, not your own little magical carpet in your basement with a few of your homies, who would play along (on your terms) with your little banter/hate wagon.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:56:34 AM by NeoLoco »

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Bogie likes lipstick. That's a fact.
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
And Cruise likes jets.
Matias

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
I was joking about your usual Top Gun banter, you know, how you see "Tom Cruise" or "Top Gun" and you almost always immediately jump to saying how the fighter jets on that art look like phalli.  

That was my Top Gun daybill in the auction that sold at emovie last night, so I could say that all your Top Gun "humor" (all of which started after I won that daybill and some people here jumped on the Tom Cruise/Top Gun jokes/hater wagon immediately thereafter) was personal, and that's what caused me to sell it, but I'm not going to say that, because I know that those are just jokes.

Why don't I go on a new campaign to call some of your stuff "phallic" and “homoerotic” every time I see someone like Humphrey Bogart on a title for your noir daybills, title cards, etc.?  First of all, because I don't act like that, whether I'm sitting behind a computer and talking on a public forum or not, and second because you have proven that sometimes the people who throw around that kind of humor are also the people who are the least able to accept the same humor when it is directed back at them.  If you're gonna dish it out, as you do constantly with Tom Cruise and Top Gun, then you should be able to take it.  Although you’re sitting behind a computer and keyboard, you’re on a public forum, not your own little magical carpet in your basement with a few of your homies, who would play along (on your terms) with your little banter/hate wagon.
sees

I am sorry Neo (what is your real name by the way? - talk about hiding behind a keyboard in your mom's basement  eyeroll ) but if you can't see how insinuating me personally "sees phalli in a lot of things that most people wouldn't" is different from me or anyone else making fun of Top Gun, a Top Gun poster (even if it is your tri-phallic daybill) or Tom Cruise you are beyond all hope.  I did not make any comment, post or provocation directed at you and yet you felt it warranted to reignite your asinine position as defender of all things you perceive to be against your narrow conception of reality.

Calling someone's 'stuff' homoerotic or phallic is far removed from calling the person as such.  Go ahead and start your little comedy show on any posters I share - I'd like to see what you can come up with.  I can assure you, however, that I am able to maintain the disconnect - something a certain someone has proven time and time again to be evidently incapable of.
Chris

Mirosae

Bogie likes lipstick. That's a fact.

He does! I can attest that  :-*

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic

What is his favorite shade?

8)

-Jeff

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder

Isn't that illegal in most countries?  :o
Matias

Mirosae

What is his favorite shade?

8)

Any shade...as long as
I am wearing it

Isn't that illegal in most countries?  :o

Medon't care..mebaby just cares for me

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
I am sorry Neo (what is your real name by the way? - talk about hiding behind a keyboard in your mom's basement  eyeroll ) but if you can't see how insinuating me personally "sees phalli in a lot of things that most people wouldn't" is different from me or anyone else making fun of Top Gun, a Top Gun poster (even if it is your tri-phallic daybill) or Tom Cruise you are beyond all hope.  I did not make any comment, post or provocation directed at you and yet you felt it warranted to reignite your asinine position as defender of all things you perceive to be against your narrow conception of reality.

Calling someone's 'stuff' homoerotic or phallic is far removed from calling the person as such.  Go ahead and start your little comedy show on any posters I share - I'd like to see what you can come up with.  I can assure you, however, that I am able to maintain the disconnect - something a certain someone has proven time and time again to be evidently incapable of.

You can call me Neo, since it’s clear that you’re living in internet land.  Sorry, kiddo, I can't think of a single other person who looks at a fighter jet and thinks it looks like a phallus, and then has a tissy fit because I directed the same joke back at them, and it's not my daybill anymore.  And people wonder why others don't join in here.

Amazing how you think that I'm the only one who thinks that Paul Waines' jokes about "bombs in the mail" aren't funny, and how you think that I'm the only one who finds an issue with your same bashing, and according to you that means I have no sense of humor.   You think it’s OK on a public forum to make “jokes” about “bombs in the mail”, all kinds of wacky Tom Cruise/Top Gun “jokes”, including “joking” in a thread dedicated to a guy who had just died (the director of Top Gun), and then when I say how stupid that is (about the bombs “joke” PW made) or make a phallus joke back at you (solely based on your Top Gun jokes), or basically tells you to “shut up” in a public thread about a tragic, recent death that you’re acting like a clown in, you go on a little tirade saying there’s all kinds of things wrong with me.  It’s failed Reverse Psychology 101.  What do you think would happen if you flung a bunch of verbal feces like that in real life to the wrong people, and dealt with real consequences, not just some words on a little internet forum, that get you in a little tissy fit?  You’re a prime example of how some people who dish it out simply can’t take it.  You make all these little excuses about how it's not the same, so have fun in your little internet bubble.

Funny how Bruce started this thread to advertise some cool, very rare posters, and it turned into this, thanks to the usual Tom Cruise/Tom Gun banter.  I really don't care if you don't like it if I don't play nice (your version of it) about your silly little one line insults, that you probably would not say in a public place in the real world, at least I hope you wouldn't, for your sake, about some of them.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:07:29 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
I personally like The Last Samurai.  A lot.  I own 4 banners of the same designs.  I got them from WB.  Like everything else I own on the movie.

Which makes me wonder why no one ever mentioned those 4 posters.  The Harry Potter characters posters were also from WB.  Coincidence?  2 execs in distribution told me that WB US never printed those Harry Potter characters posters (which we discussed a while back.)  Maybe they were printed in Singapore, like the 4 Dark Knight Rises characters posters (again from WB).  I will ask about those Samurai posters too, but I don't expect a different answer.  Obviously, everyone can draw their own conclusions and believe what they want to believe.  I am not saying they are fake.  I am merely questioning their provenance.

T
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:27:41 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Threenero

I met the man (Tom) and his then wife (Nichole) and he was nothing but nice to me and seemed like a nice guy, but i still can't stand him or any of his movies. He just has that effect on some people.  :-\

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
The Harry Potter characters posters were also from WB.  Coincidence?  2 execs in distribution told me that WB US never printed those Harry Potter characters posters (which we discussed a while back.)  Maybe they were printed in Singapore.....Obviously, everyone can draw their own conclusions and believe what they want to believe.  I am not saying they are fake.  I am merely questioning their provenance.
T

Maybe they were printed by WB Denmark. That is where my uncut "printers proof" versions of posters from that Harry Potter set Bruce sold a year or so ago originated. Rare styles will always be questioned. That's what makes them interesting.

Mark

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic

Funny how Bruce started this thread to advertise some cool, very rare posters, and it turned into this, thanks to the usual Tom Cruise/Tom Gun banter.  I really don't care if you don't like it if I don't play nice (your version of it) about your silly little one line insults, that you probably would not say in a public place in the real world, at least I hope you wouldn't, for your sake, about some of them.

I can assure you I don't need your advice about anything to do with the real or 'internet world' as you call it.  It's ironic that you claim I am living in an internet la la land and yet you are one of the few who post here that doesn't at least use a real first name.  What are you so afraid of in light of the fact you are so clearly grounded in the 'real world'?  Sorry bro but there's plenty wrong with you...You are aware you're not really living in a Wachowski bros. movie right?

You still fail to grasp that you are the one that took this thread off the rails - get your head out of your ass before you clue in and stumble upon something interesting to say  
Chris

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
That's what makes them interesting.

That's what makes me run away from them.  I am not interested in owning something that could be a reprint.  But then again, we all collect for different reasons and choose to believe what we want to believe.  One person's trash is another person's treasure (and vice versa).

T
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:25:37 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
I tried to give a subtle clue in the last 2 words of my above quote, however I was either being too clever or it was the wrong poster!

I think I clued in - if it's titled No Hands on the Clock - it's a nice poster but not $360 nice!
Chris

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
I think I clued in - if it's titled No Hands on the Clock - it's a nice poster but not $360 nice!

Do you think it might have been if the hands had been on the clock?

Just askin'  :D
David

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Do you think it might have been if the hands had been on the clock?

Just askin'  :D

Clearly depends what time zone it was set to David ;)
Chris

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket

Sorry bro but there's plenty wrong with you

You still fail to grasp that you are the one that took this thread off the rails

The main reason why I added the word “Loco” to my username here was because I knew I’d be dealing with a lot of new school, internet lunacy, that is truly not representative of the real world, and people like you who run off at the mouth online.

Do you think that I care that you believe there's something wrong with me?  You act like a douchebag online a lot of the time, and I am the only one who wastes time calling you out on it.  Like I said, you get an F in Reverse Psychology 101.

You still fail to grasp that you and a couple others carried on about Tom Cruise "jokes" in a dealer's thread, and I made one little joke to you (based on the same joke you make all the time) and you had a little tissy fit, and threw a bunch of personal insults at me.  Now you can carry on with your usual trolling and douchebaggery...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 10:25:25 PM by NeoLoco »

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve

Oh, I thought you were the winner of it. Yeah, I also liked it, it was the only oldish looking daybill I was watching but a bit much for me. Though I got a Lucille Ball Daybill with pen bleed thru for over 200 schmako's, which I now shake my head and say why oh why...

Neo, aaaarghhh

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Oh, I thought you were the winner of it. Yeah, I also liked it, it was the only oldish looking daybill I was watching but a bit much for me. Though I got a Lucille Ball Daybill with pen bleed thru for over 200 schmako's, which I now shake my head and say why oh why...

Neo, aaaarghhh

That would be Brunoparis who likely has one of the most impressive daybill collections of anyone, anywhere!

Did you win the Last Crooked Mile from the mini/major?
Chris

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
That would be Brunoparis who likely has one of the most impressive daybill collections of anyone, anywhere!

Did you win the Last Crooked Mile from the mini/major?

Yes Bruno, I got Last Crooked Mile but I think I saw another one up for auction again soon after. I think Daybills can be really nice, as the colours are good and are a good size to hang. I have 2 up at the moment. I prefer ones that are art (not modern photos), and dont have heaps of text all over them as I like the art.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic

Yes Bruno, I got Last Crooked Mile but I think I saw another one up for auction again soon after. I think Daybills can be really nice, as the colours are good and are a good size to hang. I have 2 up at the moment. I prefer ones that are art (not modern photos), and dont have heaps of text all over them as I like the art.

Soon after - as in like this past Tuesday?   ;D
Chris