Collecting and Collectibles in Other Areas > Autographs

Authentication of signatures

(1/4) > >>

syracuselaxfan:
Is there someone, somewhere who authenticates Hollywood (actor, director, producer, etc..) signatures? At a price that isn't more than the poster itself is worth? My boxes of mystery have yielded a LOT of signed movie posters and a few theater cards. I believe the place I got them from was legitimate, but there's no proof that they're authentic.

paul waines:
I could have a look myself if you can post them on here. Alternatively there are autograph sites/forums that may help, such as Autograph Magazine live...

syracuselaxfan:
Once I get the current batch of posters photographed and cleared out I'll try and get decent photos of the signed posters up here. Thank you.

Ari:
Provenance would also help.

syracuselaxfan:

--- Quote from: Ari on March 31, 2013, 06:29:31 AM ---Provenance would also help.

--- End quote ---

All of my Mystery Box posters came from a Profiles In History auction in 2008, auctioning the contents of The Collector's Bookstore in Hollywood, CA. I bought 2 bulk lots of what I expected to be mostly modern posters and have found some real special stuff, including a large roll of signed posters. In the roll was hand penciled notes denoting what signatures are on what poster. I haven't gone through the roll yet to match all the info, but will when I have space. I never expected to find anything like this and I'm not quite sure what to do with them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version