Author Topic: Brian's 5 Most Wanted Posters  (Read 7379 times)

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
Brian's 5 Most Wanted Posters
« on: March 06, 2013, 03:21:01 PM »

Here are the top five one sheets that I wish to add in top condition only, rolled (if possible), double-sided where available and non-linen.  Hopefully, this will curtail hap-hazard purchases.   ;D

"Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
Re: Brian's 5 Most Wanted Posters
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 03:24:20 PM »

I remember the first time I saw this teaser in quad format..I stopped dead in my tracks and just stared in awe..brilliant stuff.

Stew

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 03:28:09 PM »
Here are the top five one sheets that I wish to add in top condition only, rolled (if possible), double-sided where available and non-linen.  Hopefully, this will curtail hap-hazard purchases.   ;D

One of these things is not like the other...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 03:43:17 PM »

I really have always liked this poster, too. I LOVE the color!   thumbup

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 03:45:31 PM »
"Catman" might be difficult to find unbacked.  I believe every example I have seen for sale has been backed...
Chris

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 04:04:19 PM »

I was going to post the same thing........until i scrolled down and saw that you already had.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 04:10:17 PM »
"Catman" might be difficult to find unbacked.  I believe every example I have seen for sale has been backed...

Bruce has sold a few unbacked copies over the years:  ;)

2005:

2006:

2012:

-Jeff

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 04:25:59 PM »

Yeah, I know.  I just don't want to open pandora's box of older stuff.  It is kind of like you giving up on Double Crowns.  At some point you have to draw a line.  The Cat Man just draws me in as much as any classic horror and the price point fits my budget. 
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 05:05:12 PM »
So there might be some out there but the real question is - are they still unbacked?  ;)
Chris

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 05:25:15 PM »

Yeah, I know.  I just don't want to open pandora's box of older stuff.  It is kind of like you giving up on Double Crowns.  At some point you have to draw a line.  The Cat Man just draws me in as much as any classic horror and the price point fits my budget. 

Hope you didn't take it as a disparaging comment... just an observation.  I was surprised to see the Catman in with the other more modern posters. 

And don't be scared... open pandora's box!

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 07:01:36 PM »

Matt, you are one of the good guys- I never read anything negative into your comments.  Not sure why you gave Mel permission to enter Jesusland, but I forgive you.

My poster budget does have a limit. Once I have all my must have 80's and 90's posters then I will move farther back.  I have to get the modern keys while the getting is still good.   ;D

Brian

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 07:40:23 PM »
Matt, you are one of the good guys- I never read anything negative into your comments.  Not sure why you gave Mel permission to enter Jesusland, but I forgive you.

My poster budget does have a limit. Once I have all my must have 80's and 90's posters then I will move farther back.  I have to get the modern keys while the getting is still good.   ;D

Brian

Ha!  Is Mel following Sherman's footsteps and marching on Atlanta?  I'd have put up more of a fight in SC had I known others were in jeopardy!

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 07:53:59 PM »
I thought the one that didnt belong was the madonna poster.  :P

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 11:02:44 PM »
Rocketeer and Madonna will be easy for you to fill.  They come up pretty regularly.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 12:57:34 PM »

Rocketeer and Madonna will be easy for you to fill.  They come up pretty regularly.

I had to include some low hanging fruit, otherwise I would be on "hiatus" again.  wynk

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 02:58:11 PM »
I thought the one that didnt belong was the madonna poster.  :P

Actually I could come up with a "not like the others" for each of them.

Only International, only advance, only vintage, only self congratulating indulgence, only character poster.
-Jay-

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 08:12:23 PM »

Well one down thanks to Posteropolis Dave.  It is so hard to find a nice copy of this poster without holes or tears. Bruce alludes to this in his write-upss:

Note that we have heard this poster may have been recalled by Disney and that is why many examples have a 1/2" circular area of paper loss in Madonna's image

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 08:15:44 PM »

What is going to fill the 5th spot? Hmmmmmm........

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 08:21:39 PM »
It is sweet to get one you have been hunting. Gratz Brian.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 08:26:02 PM »
Note that we have heard this poster may have been recalled by Disney and that is why many examples have a 1/2" circular area of paper loss in Madonna's image

Great catch!  Yes, backlotbooks on Ebay has been selling the damaged posters for quite a while.  I bought one a couple of years ago:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MADONNA-Mind-if-I-Call-You-Dick-TRACY-Advance-BANNED-Teaser-POSTER-Disney-Rare-/261194725932

Oh crap, I just outed an auction! Anger will ensue....  moron1

Charlie

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 11:03:26 PM »
Hey Mel, you should sell your Rocketeer to Brian....
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:03:35 PM by Charlie »