Author Topic: Steven Spielberg Posters  (Read 57776 times)

Juli

Re: Steven Spielberg collection
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 06:22:28 PM »
I thought this might be the place to post this since it's Spielberg related. I just upgraded my movie posters on my wall. I used to have the Schindler's List video poster and the reprint Saving Private Ryan poster. I got a real Schindler's List poster through skiper007 off eBay, and I got the Saving Private Ryan poster (the rarer version which I think looks a lot better actually) from Thierry (eatbrie) as a gift. He also sent me an awesome American Beauty poster but I put that away for safekeeping with my other rolled posters.

These posters are hung by having each corner put in a Mylar sleeve, and then I taped the Mylar sleeves to the wall. None of the tape touches the poster, only the Mylar. The posters can be removed from my wall without any damage. I'm not sure if you can see how I did this in the picture, but it seems to be working out pretty well.

I regret that I taped my Inglourious Basterds poster on my wall and had not thought of the Mylar earlier. I'm not sure if I can remove the tape without damaged and rehang it using the Mylar. This is the only other poster I have on my wall currently. I'm planning on getting a Shawshank Redemption poster next, and I will of course use my Mylar idea to hang it.

~ Juli

scartacus

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2010, 03:26:21 AM »
Juli,

If you need to get the tape off without tearing the paper, try the "hairdrier trick" -- a pro restorer told me this one and it has worked wonders for me. You gently heat up the part of the poster with the tape on it, the adhesive will become much more pliable and gooey and you should be able to get the tape off with damaging the poster (or your wall)

No comebacks though if you melt the paper!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 04:58:25 PM »
that's an interesting collection Thierry. Though I am suprised you collect virtually every poster from every country regardless of whether the image is the same

I collect on some films posters for all countries.. unless the image is the same.. I stopped that except for some representative examples

that said.. I think I have some CEOTTK posters that you don't have coming up in the next auction

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2010, 08:15:48 PM »
Funny you should say that, Rich.  I'm 100% with you.  It was never really my intent to double some designs, but when I ended up finding them for under $5 or so, I was like, why not?  And little by little, I added them up.  I have tried to keep it to a minimum, but you're right, sometimes too much is too much.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 08:21:14 PM »
the usual collector/hoarder mentality, I have so many copies of certain books its not funny, if I see it cheap i buy it, EG some Heinlien paperbacks, I have 6+ copies of, all the same, but if I walk into a thrift shop and see Stranger in a strange land for 50c I CANT not buy it. Get teased by my daughter endlessly, and its silly cos it takes so much space. With Posters, I originally found it very hard to let any go, now I stick to keeping my core collection, and the rest I can let go of (sometimes).
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2010, 09:49:16 PM »
Because I know you guys are so eager to know this, I wanted to inform you that I just passed the 600 poster cap in my Spielberg collection, which means 600 posters with Spielberg's name on them. 

I will let you know when I get to 700.

http://www.eatbrie.com/SS.html

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2010, 09:54:49 PM »
Gratz T!

You are officially insane  :P

Seriously thats very cool and you have one hell of a collection.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 05:52:12 PM »
Interesting 20/20 interview from 1982.  Quality is bad, but it's a nice trip to the past.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2011, 09:53:03 PM »
Because I know you guys are so eager to know this, I wanted to inform you that I just passed the 600 poster cap in my Spielberg collection, which means 600 posters with Spielberg's name on them. 

I will let you know when I get to 700.

http://www.eatbrie.com/SS.html

T

In October, I was at 600 and said I'd let you know when I'm past 700.  Thanks in part to Steven's busy year, I'm officially at 712.

Spielberg Collection

I'll let you know when I get to 800.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 02:47:04 PM »
You should have told us at 714... it's a nice Tintin conection. :)
It's more than a Hobby...

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 02:16:02 PM »
Seriously impressive collection, that's just a huge amount of posters! I really like the French Landi design for Duel, I bet it looks great in that big format.

What's your fave Spielberg film then, T? Be warned that anything other than Jaws or Raiders will result in trouble ;)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2011, 03:51:57 PM »
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind.
My Personal Collection

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2011, 12:05:56 AM »
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind.

T is lying, he actually told me the other day that Transformers II: Revenge of the Toe Thumbs is really his favorite, but he is too embarrassed to admit it.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2011, 08:45:33 AM »
Ha ha ha, I thought it was just me who noticed how odd Megan Fox's thumbs are

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2011, 10:08:03 AM »
Poor thing...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2011, 10:40:07 AM »
Ahhh....  These are disgusting!
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 09:57:08 PM »
800 today!

Will let you know when I get to 900.

woohoo
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2011, 01:13:24 AM »
800 today!

Will let you know when I get to 900.

woohoo

Dude, when does it end?!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2011, 09:51:23 AM »
Dude, when does it end?!

End?  Your question doesn't even make any sense. What is this 'end' you speak of?

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2011, 10:18:20 AM »
End?  Your question doesn't even make any sense. What is this 'end' you speak of?

Yeah, Holiday...the man's on a mission.
Somebody has got to do it, eh?
Keep at it, T!
 clap clap clap
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 10:19:05 AM by brude »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2011, 01:34:36 PM »
Dude, when does it end?!

You're a funny guy.  In one week, I added 10 more.  So to answer your question, not until he dies or I die. 

Also, remembers, he still pays my wife's paychecks.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2011, 04:29:22 PM »
...not until he dies or I die. 

T

That's hysterical!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2011, 04:30:09 PM »

Also, remembers, he still pays my wife's paychecks.

T

And remember, T needs those paychecks to buy more Spielberg posters!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2011, 09:49:06 PM »
I really like the cover of Entertainment Weekly this week...   clap

T
My Personal Collection

Juli

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2011, 10:12:50 PM »
I really like the cover of Entertainment Weekly this week...   clap

Me too. I just picked this up today as I don't currently have a subscription to Entertainment Weekly. I'm excited to read it.

~ Juli