Author Topic: Steven Spielberg Posters  (Read 57775 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Steven Spielberg Posters
« Reply #175 on: January 10, 2020, 09:54:58 AM »
Thanks all.  I'm happy.

I think I should probably post the Jaws 7-sheet here, because that's where it belongs.  It's pretty cool, I think.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #176 on: January 10, 2020, 09:58:13 AM »
As far as favorite, no, I don't think I have one.  The last one is always the best.

Some posters took me more than 10 years to locate, so that creates a little bit of a bond, but no favorite.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #177 on: January 10, 2020, 10:04:15 AM »
Or are you a bit sad that the 'journey' is at an end?

Nope.  I'm onto the next thing.  Still trying to complete my Bardot collection, my Star Wars collection... and I can just start new ones any time I want ;)

I'm actually quite glad that this is in the past now.  I'd say that at least 20, maybe 30 pieces are impossible to find or would take years to locate, so I'm glad I don't have to look for them anymore.  Like the Jaws above.  I don't know how many are out there, but probably no more than a handful.  The quest is the fun.  When the quest is over, you move on.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #178 on: January 10, 2020, 12:04:39 PM »
Amazing collection! Those Tai posters have a really take a fun approach to the subjects. Excellent stuff and congrats on the completion.
- Eric

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2020, 04:31:38 PM »
Thanks Test1 for your PM on the Spielberg Thai posters posted above.  Although you should post it here.  That's what the forum is for.

Yes, some Thai posters are really hard to find, and Gremlins, Goonies, Back to the Future and Poltergeist were a real challenge.  But I'm not in a hurry.  Everything comes in time.  From the information I have been able to gather, there are less than 10 copies in existence of each title, Back to the Future less than 5.  But as a completist, numbers don't matter.  What matters is to own one.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #180 on: February 12, 2020, 04:42:32 PM »
Thanks Test1 for your PM on the Spielberg Thai posters posted above.  Although you should post it here.  That's what the forum is for.

Yes, some Thai posters are really hard to find, and Gremlins, Goonies, Back to the Future and Poltergeist were a real challenge.  But I'm not in a hurry.  Everything comes in time.  From the information I have been able to gather, there are less than 10 copies in existence of each title, Back to the Future less than 5.  But as a completist, numbers don't matter.  What matters is to own one.

T

Sorry! T, did not realize you'd posted a reply, was not ignoring you or anything ;)

I know what you mean, I've only been collecting posters on & off for a few years max and I've relaxed a lot in that time and now don't worry so much if I can't find certain posters anymore, my attitude now is simply if a poster comes along that I've been after then great! but, if not then so be it, when I first started collecting I found it a little frustrating not being able to find certain posters I wanted, but, now I can see half the fun of collecting posters is just seeing what pops up when your not expecting it.

Anyway, congrats again for finding some of your most wanted Thai posters thumbsup.gif

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #181 on: February 12, 2020, 05:58:23 PM »
Hahaha that's funny.  I went to the beginning of this thread, and 10 years ago, I had 500 posters on Spielberg, and I thought that was a lot.  I now have 1,800 and I think it's a lot on a single individual.  Let's see in 10 years.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #182 on: February 13, 2020, 03:37:45 AM »
Hahaha that's funny.  I went to the beginning of this thread, and 10 years ago, I had 500 posters on Spielberg, and I thought that was a lot.  I now have 1,800 and I think it's a lot on a single individual.  Let's see in 10 years.

T

The number of posters in your collection is "HUGE" T, not only would I never be able to afford to buy anywhere near that amount of posters but seriously where on earth do you find the room to store them all, you must live in a mansion or something ;D

I've only got a very small poster collection and it's already tough finding space to store them all properly/safely.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #183 on: February 13, 2020, 01:56:40 PM »
I am EXTREMELY organized.  I think I've said it before, but if you came to my house, you wouldn't know I collect posters.  I don't have a single one on the wall at present time.  I did remove the most expensive ones (I set the bar at $500 +) and put them in a storage facility in their own flat file.  The cheaper ones (less than $500) are in the garage in more flat files and tubes.  Again, you'd be surprised how little room it takes when you're organized.  I would not do it otherwise.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2020, 04:26:44 AM »
Fair enough T, I also consider myself well organized, but, no matter how organized I am I just simply would not have the room to store a poster collection the size of yours, but good luck to you if your able to manage it ;)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2020, 08:46:40 AM »
Oooooo, Thierry! Those Thais are divine! WOW!! The JAWS is amazing, but the ET trio and the GREMLINS posters really floated my boat as well. Cool.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!