Author Topic: Steven Spielberg Posters  (Read 57720 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Steven Spielberg Posters
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2017, 11:53:51 PM »
An E.T. triptych? 
Wow!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2017, 12:38:48 AM »
Wow!!!  Look who's back!!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2017, 12:42:31 AM »
 bed1

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2017, 07:43:38 PM »
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2017, 07:49:49 PM »
Good to see you still at it, C.

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2018, 02:38:48 PM »
Seeing the recent update of your site, is there any reason why you don't have anything for 'Amblin' ? Just curious.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2018, 04:42:12 PM »
Not a feature.  Just a 20mn short film without a poster.  The only known poster is a festival poster.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2018, 05:32:04 PM »
Really? Bruce has sold a few copies of a rerelease poster. Maybe that's the festival poster?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2018, 10:34:13 AM »
Really? Bruce has sold a few copies of a rerelease poster. Maybe that's the festival poster?

I never intended to buy this poster, since Amblin' is not a feature film, but then your question changed my mind and so I did.

Fun that Spielberg first released film should become my 1,500 movie poster on the director.  Also, what I never realized is that Allen Daviau, who would end up working on ET, The Color Purple and Empire of the Sun, did his first DP job on Amblin'.

T
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 10:37:31 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2018, 11:49:24 AM »
As a fellow completist I always felt it was an omission not to have it. Glad you picked it up now, even if it only took you 1499 posters to get there  ;)

Seriously though, congrats on the Spielberg collection. I can only dream of getting to that number on my Burton collection.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2018, 12:33:18 PM »
I don’t think you can.  Spielberg is responsible for over 100 films as either director or exec producer.  Burton, not close.  And the 1,500 is not including all the DreamWorks movies, a company he owns.  Btw, I’m at 1,501 now.  Just bought that Thai Gremlins.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2018, 01:08:03 PM »
Nice, I saw it on ebay before it was posted on here and wondered if you had it.

People sometimes say they have the only know copy of this and that, and occasionally the largest collection of something or other. Do you think you have the largest collection of Spielberg posters? Maybe hard to say, but you must be at the top.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2018, 01:11:06 AM »
I would say I do.  1,500 pieces on anyone is a pretty big number, especially since a lobby card set of 8 counts for one piece.   I own some really hard to find pieces that it took me years to acquire.  Case in point, the Thai Gremlins I bought today.  I've been looking for a copy for years.  For all I know, I could be the only one collecting Spielberg.  But I have a special connection to the guy... that I've talked about before.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2018, 01:28:31 PM »
I would say I do.  1,500 pieces on anyone is a pretty big number, especially since a lobby card set of 8 counts for one piece.   I own some really hard to find pieces that it took me years to acquire.  Case in point, the Thai Gremlins I bought today.  I've been looking for a copy for years.  For all I know, I could be the only one collecting Spielberg.  But I have a special connection to the guy... that I've talked about before.

T

I sold all my Gremlins stuff a while back (and yes, have regretted it since), but never had this.
Please, when you get a chance, can you guide me to the correct image of it or show yours?

Thank you.
Best wishes,
Adam

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2018, 01:31:11 PM »
I'll put it up on my website once I get it.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2019, 12:16:58 AM »
1,600 posters and lobby card sets

Spielberg Collection

T
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 12:19:35 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2019, 12:23:23 AM »
1,600!!!

Spielberg Collection

T

Congrats, T!  Man, you could host an amazing gallery exhibit through posters to Spielburg.  I'd certainly come visit the left coast for it!  Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2020, 06:59:43 PM »
As some of you may or may not know, one of my cherished sub collection is Spielberg. 

It's more than posters to me.  I grew up watching his movies in Paris, decided I wanted to live in America because of the world he depicted, went to school in the US based on his personal recommendation, met my wife working at his company (DreamWorks) and worked a few doors down from him for a year (at Amblin).

Still, after collecting more than 1,700 posters from movies he shepherded, a few pieces were eluding me. 

One was a Jaws 7-sheet I won a month ago.  The others were a bunch of Thai posters I could not find.  Well, the search is officially over.  Thanks to the help of a few people, one of them who nagged a collector in Thailand for a long time.  The four I was after the most were Gremlins, Back to the Future, Goonies and Poltergeist.

As of this morning, Poltergeist is finally mine and I can pretty much, save for a few pieces I can acquire anytime, call my Spielberg collection COMPLETE.  Yeah!!! 

This is what collecting is all about for me.

Here are the Thai posters...

And Poltergeist!!!

T
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 07:06:09 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline eric160634

• Beginner
« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2020, 08:00:45 PM »
Congrats! I am always jealous of your Jaws posters.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2020, 08:37:34 PM »
Really fun Thai posters, T! Several of those posters are ones you rarely see - if at all - in the shops and markets in Thailand based on my hunting there. With the popularity of ghosts and the supernatural in Thai culture, I would have thought some of these movies would have been very  popular and more posters would exist. It's interesting to me that they are scarce.  I still suspect some of the other popular 1980s Thai posters may be reprinted because their supply seemed pretty steady the times I've been there. It's really cool you completed your collection!  Okie

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2020, 10:30:50 PM »
 clap clap clap

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2020, 10:45:09 AM »
Congrats!!
 thumbsup.gif
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2020, 05:36:41 PM »
Congrats T!

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2020, 04:45:07 AM »
Wow! It must feel pretty satisfying to say this sub collection is complete, congratulations! Or are you a bit sad that the 'journey' is at an end?

Those Thai posters are very cool, especially the ET set. I've never seen The Goonies one either.

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #174 on: January 10, 2020, 06:18:19 AM »
Congratulations, I can only imagine what that must feel like. Those Thai posters are great, although Marty freaks me out a little! Now your collection is complete, do you have a favourite?