Author Topic: Steven Spielberg Posters  (Read 57790 times)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Re: Steven Spielberg collection
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2014, 09:21:31 PM »
T was lucky I was in a generous mood for this one... I don't even have a copy for myself!  Could be one of the best posters for the film me thinks...

And damn those Hungarians!  I still don't understand why their posters are so friggin' rare.  This poster was printed in 1982 and it's the first and only copy I've even heard of.  T's picture for this one will probably be the only one on the internet.  Insanity.   

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2014, 09:41:46 PM »
Could be one of the best posters for the film me thinks...

...with this Japanese B1 I got from another forum member... Schan.  Equally rare I believe.  I love the fact that they used Jaws, Close Encounters and Spielberg to promote 1941.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2014, 04:24:09 AM »
Thierry-
Not sure if this would interest you, but figured I'd share it-

There's a one screen movie house (built in the 50s) within a stone's throw of my home.. It's called the Oaks and they've been doing a summer midnight film festival for years. Every year they make up some kind of posters and sell them...
This one was limited to 21 copies and I'm pretty sure they still have a few for sale at the theater (they're like $5 or $10 bucks.) LMK if you'd want one for your collection and I'll see if they have any left for you.

Kind offer.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2014, 06:15:29 PM »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2015, 04:55:33 PM »
Someone did this at the Arclight in LA.  Pretty cool, although I think they're all high res repros.

Amongst the ones missing are Duel, The Color Purple and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2015, 03:10:15 PM »
John Williams is not doing the Hollywood Bowl this year.  First time ever.  I must have seen him 20 times :(  This is from 2011.  Old Iphone .

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jyyq8Xr7V-Q&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jyyq8Xr7V-Q&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

And now he's not doing Bridge of Spies.

Lazy 83 year old bastard!!!

T
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:12:37 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2015, 01:07:20 PM »
I actually sat down and looked at all of my favorite more modern films 70's onward trying to figure out what was the common thread among them. It may not be the only reason why I like them but all but two of my favorites I noticed all had music done by John Williams. A brilliant composer and conductor imo. Drove up to Boston to watch him and the Boston pops more than once.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Steven Spielberg Posters
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2015, 06:46:13 PM »
Interesting analysis.

T
My Personal Collection

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2015, 07:09:15 PM »
Someone did this at the Arclight in LA.  Pretty cool, although I think they're all high res repros.

I can see half of them at least, the posters have been folded. Are reprints often folded? - I don't know

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2015, 09:26:56 PM »
Interesting analysis.

T

Although there are a few interesting parts of the article, overall, this is how I interpreted it: blahblah

Jurassic World kicks ass.

8)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:27:35 PM by Neo »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2016, 09:16:37 PM »
This belongs here...

Ford & Spielberg Return for 'Indiana Jones 5' in 2019
by Brad Brevet

March 15, 2016

Walt Disney Pictures has announced Harrison Ford will return to the big screen as Indiana Jones for a fifth Indiana Jones adventure, set for a July 19, 2019 release. Along with Ford, Steven Spielberg will be directing the as-yet Untitled Indiana Jones film with franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall producing.

"Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can't wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019," said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios in a press release. "It's rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn't be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven."

The Indiana Jones franchise began in 1981 with Raiders of the Lost Ark, which has brought in over $248 million since its June 1981 release, which includes several re-releases as well as an IMAX release in 2012 that brought in over $3 million.

Subsequent releases included 1984's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, 1989's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and 2008's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. All told the franchise has brought in nearly $1 billion domestically and nearly $2 billion worldwide, not adjusted for inflation.

The untitled feature is currently the only film set for July 19, 2019 and will come one week after Marvel's Inhumans.
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2016, 10:23:13 PM »
Ford will be 77 when that film comes out. Will he still be able to crack the whipwhip

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2016, 10:25:36 PM »
Visual effects :)

I know a few people who worked on Crystal Skull, including one of the producers, and they all say that Lucas was the problem.  So now that the hack is out of the picture, I can only hope it gets better.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2016, 10:31:00 PM »
Lets hope the stunts that they have a 77 yr old Indie do, will fly.

If Too much over the top, it would be laughable.

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2016, 10:35:05 PM »
I honestly think Spielberg + Kennedy + Marshall - Lucas will pull it off. 

If anything, it cannot be worse than 4.  Or can it?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2016, 10:42:38 PM »
I honestly think Spielberg + Kennedy + Marshall - Lucas will pull it off. 

If anything, it cannot be worse than 4.  Or can it?

T

Hard to know. In all fairness, Ford IS Indie. But in #4, (imho) he felt too a little too old for the part, when it came to many of the stunts. But Ford cant be replaced at this point, so I'm just hoping they dont have him swinging by one arm, from his Whip, over a chasm 1000' deep. If they script it right and adjust for the age factor, it could be another fun romp.

-Jeff

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2016, 12:03:41 AM »
I hope he doesn't cark it mid filming

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2016, 12:13:35 AM »
Hard to know. In all fairness, Ford IS Indie. But in #4, (imho) he felt too a little too old for the part, when it came to many of the stunts. But Ford cant be replaced at this point, so I'm just hoping they dont have him swinging by one arm, from his Whip, over a chasm 1000' deep. If they script it right and adjust for the age factor, it could be another fun romp.

I see it more in like Force Awakens.  Ford is there, but not as the lead.  Now, don't ask me how, since it is Indiana Jones, but the first movie was called Raiders of the Lost Ark, so they could go back to something where Indiana Jones is one of the Raiders.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2016, 09:33:01 AM »
I'm not worried about indy's acting chops... I'm worried 'Mutt' is going to be brought back!  Doh.gif faint2.gif

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2016, 11:16:55 PM »
Click on the # to see the posters.

Now that's dedication (or pure insanity.)  I think it could very well be the largest poster collection in the world on a single individual.  Sure, you could collect Hitchcock and have a much more valuable collection, but volume wise, I doubt you would reach 1,300 pieces.  And by the way, a lobby card set of 8 is counted as 1, not 8.

I know what I'm still missing, like those 2 Jaws billboards Bruce sold (and a few others), but if you see something that I don't have and that you are willing to part with, please let me know.

T

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:18:22 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2016, 11:41:15 PM »
An astounding collection! Too bad you don't collect on Jaws 2. If you did, I would have the perfect item for you!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2016, 11:50:55 PM »
An astounding collection! Too bad you don't collect on Jaws 2. If you did, I would have the perfect item for you!

I do, but it's not Spielberg, so not must-have.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2017, 07:05:58 PM »

T
My Personal Collection

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2017, 08:59:53 PM »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2017, 11:25:13 PM »
That's pretty cool.  I just realized that these 3 Thai posters are supposed to be a triptych.  Thought I'd share.

T
My Personal Collection