Author Topic: crappy low budget snidey rip off kids films?  (Read 4086 times)

Offline teamweapon

• Collector
crappy low budget snidey rip off kids films?
« on: January 11, 2013, 04:22:06 PM »
recently ive picked up a could of movie posters from what look like TERRIBLE TERRIBLE knock off kids movies.
i was wondering of we had any experts in these parts that would be able to point me in the direction of other HIDEOUS cinematic trash along these lines?

i do have a couple more ill try to weedle out shortly.
i would be VERY interested to know what the poster for fun in balloon land looks like? tt1577811
as the movie is bat shit!
I don't know much, but i do know what my eyes are telling me!
Sean

Offline Stefano

• Hobbyist
Re: crappy low budget snidey rip off kids films?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 11:20:06 PM »
These are a riot.  I never got into these, but apparently some of these really bad kiddy flicks have a bit of a cult following.  Ran into some clips on YouTube years ago.  They looked like they were shot in a studio no fancier than my basement.  Mostly made in Mexico on a budget of like $5,000 each, these badly dubbed live-action films were standard matinee fare for kids whose parents needed to run some errands on a Saturday and could drop the kids off at the cinema in the early '70s.  There was a lot of ripping off Disney and other popular films that ran just short of copyright infringement. 

I'd love to hear stories from any poster collectors of this genre who were inspired by their own nostalgia for these films!