Author Topic: Interesting Vacation one sheet  (Read 8680 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Interesting Vacation one sheet
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 02:25:52 PM »
So much for asking a question (as did other members who were curious and commented as such) about this poster and what it truly is.

I guess I got my answer.

And trying to blame the simple-to-understand Dealer/Seller Posting Rule(s) that T and H put into place is a total cop out, imho.

Moving on.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:07:42 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2016, 02:32:06 PM »
So much for asking a question (as did other members who were curious and commented as such) about this poster and what it truly is.

I guess I got my answer.

Moving on.

I guess it really is 'buyer beware'

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2016, 10:20:28 PM »
told you there would be trouble.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

• Post-aholic
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2016, 10:55:13 PM »
told you there would be trouble.

I don't see any trouble, but De'nial River be flowing

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2016, 10:07:30 AM »
So this thread has gotten ridiculous. Schan asked for information I assume primarily because he collects Boris themed posters (and 5 years ago at that), and quickly turned into Bruce is trying to pass off a commercial poster as theatrical and screw people.

If you dont know what something is sometimes you make assumptions with your knowledge and history in the hobby. This poster is 27x41, and thick stock, no printer information. How many commercial posters fit those 3 in general and how many fit ALL 3, not many. In addition, people have absolutely no clue who the source is on the items coming in for consignment, that would potentially also lead one to believe 1 thing over another.

This just grated on me, I get soo many mails of PROVE IT IS AUTHENTIC, how about people prove it is not or at least give someone that has some knowledge the benefit of the doubt.

Also let me add, Bruce fully refunds if something ends up not being what the item was advertised as. If he was trying to screw people, would they offer a money back option? I think not.

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2016, 10:39:12 AM »
So this thread has gotten ridiculous. Schan asked for information I assume primarily because he collects Boris themed posters (and 5 years ago at that), and quickly turned into Bruce is trying to pass off a commercial poster as theatrical and screw people.

If you dont know what something is sometimes you make assumptions with your knowledge and history in the hobby. This poster is 27x41, and thick stock, no printer information. How many commercial posters fit those 3 in general and how many fit ALL 3, not many. In addition, people have absolutely no clue who the source is on the items coming in for consignment, that would potentially also lead one to believe 1 thing over another.

This just grated on me, I get soo many mails of PROVE IT IS AUTHENTIC, how about people prove it is not or at least give someone that has some knowledge the benefit of the doubt.

Also let me add, Bruce fully refunds if something ends up not being what the item was advertised as. If he was trying to screw people, would they offer a money back option? I think not.

I am not sure using logic will help, but thanks for trying!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2016, 01:49:34 PM »
Yes, it is "ridiculous" (to quote your word, Dale) when a legit follow up question about this poster wouldn't be answered, even after it was asked 3x. And this isn't counting the other comments/queries that were made.

So I do agree with you -- 100%.

In the meantime, I did get an answer (elsewhere), so it no longer matters if something is posted here or not.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:27:37 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2016, 02:16:59 PM »
Dale, the question is 100% legitimate

what data does anyone have, including the seller, that this is a theatrically released poster of any kind.

Is it just supposition due to the size of the poster?
if so, that is the slimmest of all suppositions to the origin of the poster.

If Heritage had sold the poster, the same person who does not answer the questions would be screaming at the top of his lungs, as he did for a decade every time he felt something "wasn't right"

If this poster is an authentic theatrical poster, you should be able to show the proof that led you to that conclusion. He was asked nicely by people in this thread and the person who said he came here to share information and answer questions has done none of that.

he finally posts this garbage:
I started to post a reply here a while ago, but I get dizzy trying to keep up with what I post that is "against the rules" and "considered self-promoting", so I often consider posting, and then don't. I wonder if that is related to why so many former regular posters either post so little or have left altogether.

what a crock.

Yes, it is "ridiculous" (to quote your word, Dale) when a legit follow up question about this poster wouldn't be answered, even after it was asked 3x. And this isn't counting the other comments/queries that were made.

I agree with Jeff 100% which is exactly the amount I disagree with your post Dale.

-------

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2016, 05:01:59 PM »
Ok guys, if it was any other seller you wouldnt give two shits, but since its Bruce you need to have carbon dating on the poster and verification from the president of marketing for Warner Brothers in 1983.

What the hell proof are you guys searching for. I will make sure anything I buy from now on includes that documentation you guys are after.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2016, 05:04:46 PM »
I've always liked to inquire about poster facts or information, regardless of seller, if something catches my eye about it.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:06:13 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2016, 05:11:09 PM »
What happened to "no dealer in-fighting"?

If that rule is now gone, then please delete my account (for the second time).

Thanks either way, and if this is my final post, I will see many of you on Facebook, in my email club, and in my auctions.

Bruce
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2016, 05:13:47 PM »
My thoughts included these 3 items in combination, not size alone. Size, Paper and no existing printer marks. Not many examples of the combination of the 3 are going to exist for a commercial poster. 27x41 is more expensive, thick stock paper quality is more expensive and what commercial printer prints stuff without their name on it.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2016, 05:18:50 PM »
I think Bruce does really well for the volume of posters that get described. Some will not be correct but he offers lifetime refund if so. I suspect the hoo ha Rich is making over this one item pales into insignificance over the likely benefit Rich gains using Bruce's EMP database for information on classifying posters. I also suspect, if Bruce could, he would prevent other dealers using it too because Bruce and his team does all that hard work. On a side issue, I think the database will always be free to access as I suspect it helps to support prices as we go geez, is that what people have paid, egad, I'll have to bid a bit more.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:21:10 PM by 50s »

• Post-aholic
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2016, 05:56:43 PM »
Ok guys, if it was any other seller you wouldnt give two shits, but since its Bruce you need to have carbon dating on the poster and verification from the president of marketing for Warner Brothers in 1983.

bullshit Dale. It seems that posters are questioned all the time. If someone sells 3000 items a week, there are potentially more often a question than someone selling 10% of that weekly

people are always questioning Dave's prices, Heritage's descriptions, ebay sellers etc.. so tell me, what makes anyone immune to questions? Hell, in his own promo post today he's insinuating that other databases are dishonest, are you critiquing his critique?

there is another reality - maybe the question just could have been answered and that would have ended the conversation. Boom.
Instead, the question was ignored and I hate to tell you, that is exactly the kind of response that puts wood on the fire

I have seen many commercial posters over time the same size as regular movie posters. One producer of Frazetta print posters only used that size. I have reprint posters in my stock that are 27x41, on the same paper as regular posters and no markings to state they are repros, but they came from a repro producer.

Size alone, paper alone IS NOT proof of anything.
If it's a theatrical poster, there should be evidence of it being a theatrical poster and if someone asks - and I am far from the first person to want to know in this thread - and you came here to posit helpful information, exactly what is the problem with actually positing the requested reply? Especially if not posting the answer is going to look unseemly?

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2016, 05:57:46 PM »
I think Bruce does really well for the volume of posters that get described.

yes he does, but nobody's perfect.

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2016, 05:58:01 PM »
I'm closing this thread. 

Sorry folks, I don't think it's going in the right direction and whatever people think has already been said.  The bottom line is, if someone can prove it's a reprint, then I'm sure Bruce will oblige and do it right by the buyer.

Until then, let's just agree to disagree.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)