Author Topic: LED Light Boxes.. would anyone be interested?  (Read 32000 times)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Re: LED Light Boxes.. would anyone be interested?
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2013, 12:00:19 PM »
It was more to compare where the lights are too light, if you see my meaning. Do you have one of that one with the lights on?
It's more than a Hobby...

guest8

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 12:34:20 PM »
Sure I get what you are looking for.. unfortunately I do not have any pics like that. I will see if I can get some tonight though!

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 02:00:52 PM »
Sure I get what you are looking for.. unfortunately I do not have any pics like that. I will see if I can get some tonight though!

Do you actually have any of these in hand, or are you working off manufacturer specs and pics?
-Jay-

guest8

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 02:12:51 PM »
I do not have any in hand, most are stock photos minus the ones where I ask for specific information like photos of the AC adapters with a tape measure so that I can gauge their sizes.

If everything continues to go as well as it has with this supplier I suspect I will be ordering at least 5 of them in a week or two.

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2013, 04:33:23 AM »
Very cool.  Can you get those in Italian 2F size...?  :P

guest8

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2013, 07:59:39 AM »
It was more to compare where the lights are too light, if you see my meaning. Do you have one of that one with the lights on?

Ok without having them in hand I think this will be the best I can offer.. :)

guest8

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2013, 08:03:23 AM »
Very cool.  Can you get those in Italian 2F size...?  :P

You used an emoticon, so Im not sure if you were serious or not. :)

But, I have more than a few Bus Stop posters and currently I have two spotlight frames that I rotate them into. So one of the first questions I had was what kind of sizing could they offer and they could do do 4'x6'. now, I haven't gotten a price on those yet and I am scared what shipping will cost. Not to mention that if my research is correct I will get hit with 5% import duties and possibly state sales tax when I pick them up. So I hope to find out more about the larger sizes but for now I am focusing on the most common. ;)

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2013, 01:54:58 PM »
You used an emoticon, so Im not sure if you were serious or not. :)

I'd say it was a little bit of both.  Do you a have a website link for these guys?  I wouldn't mind seeing some more info.

I don't know how an old Italian poster would display being lit through the back, probably not very well.  I imagine this is probably better suited for modern stuff.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:57:21 PM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2013, 02:00:41 PM »
I'd say it was a little bit of both.  Do you a have a website link for these guys?  I wouldn't mind seeing some more info.

I don't know how an old Italian poster would display being lit through the back, probably not very well.  I imagine this is probably better suited for modern stuff.

If it isn't a true double sided poster, printed on both sides, you don't want to use a backlit lightbox.  The poster will appear extremely washed out.
-Jay-

guest8

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2013, 02:09:09 PM »
I'd say it was a little bit of both.  Do you a have a website link for these guys?  I wouldn't mind seeing some more info.

I don't know how an old Italian poster would display being lit through the back, probably not very well.  I imagine this is probably better suited for modern stuff.

Yeah as Jayn stated .. light boxes are best with double sided posters.

As for a site, I am dealing with the manufacture direct from China, so there isn't a website so to speak. If you are interested in some, I hope to start supplying these in the near future. I just have to familiarize myself with all of the customs/importing/duties/paperwork. If I do well enough I may make a website with info and set it up for people to order frames of whatever sizes they wish. 

guest8

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2013, 02:11:09 PM »
P.S. Jayn I responded to your comments on AVS :)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2013, 12:55:56 AM »
I like it.  What is the cost?
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

guest8

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2013, 07:47:46 AM »
The price can depend on what options the buyer wants, I expect it to be right around $275+ shipping. I am still trying to find a customs broker that I can work with to help me bring the frames into the country at the moment. Since I am not a business, these are just "personal" imports at the moment and most places don't want to deal with anything other than businesses. Once I find a broker I will have a better idea of what my final cost will be, I am fairly certain that there will be a 5% VAT added on + the broker fees. The broker fees could make or break the deal at the moment. I was hoping to maybe use a broker a couple times to get the feel for what all needs to be done and then do everything myself.

guest8

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2014, 12:41:33 PM »
I am revisiting the idea of getting some of these, would anyone here still be interested in picking one or more of these up if I did go ahead and get some shipped in?