Author Topic: So? Are you guys liking this forum?  (Read 21665 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
So? Are you guys liking this forum?
« on: November 15, 2012, 08:26:26 PM »
Should Holiday and I renew our lease or let it go?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Bruce

Re: So? Are you guys liking this forum?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 08:31:34 PM »
Gee... that's a tough one. In such a short time yours has far and away become the number one forum!

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 08:36:02 PM »
Gee... that's a tough one. In such a short time yours has far and away become the number one forum!

+1

RENEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 08:52:54 PM »
Of course renew.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

guest8

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 09:18:23 PM »
You guys need $$?

Bruce

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 09:42:18 PM »
Why not let the members pay next year's dues? I bet we can raise the money in pledges in less than a hour.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 09:47:42 PM »
Bah, I'm not paying shit!  I say let the forum lease lapse so I can have my work breaks, nights and weekends back!   ;D

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 09:52:33 PM »
Bah, I'm not paying shit!  I say let the forum lease lapse so I can have my work breaks, nights and weekends back!   ;D

I'm with Matt!  ;D
Chris

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 09:54:50 PM »

Well certainly top 3... ;)
David

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 09:58:22 PM »
Bah, I'm not paying shit!  I say let the forum lease lapse

Now that the election is over, I am not sure a political forum serves much purpose.    wynk

Brian
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:05:25 PM by ATLfun »
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 10:03:50 PM »
Why not let the members pay next year's dues? I bet we can raise the money in pledges in less than a hour.

That we will never do.  Holiday and I are fine, thanks for your concern.  The one thing that separates us from that other forum (the dead one) is that we love movie posters, we are both collectors and we're not out there to take your money.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

ozcinemagic

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 10:04:54 PM »

I pledge one daybill (not Ishtar)!

ozcinemagic

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 10:18:28 PM »
Actually, I'll double my offer. City Slickers 1 & 2. Possible tape marks, light discolouration, pin holes, edge tears up to 3cms, minor marks, extra folds, some creases & writing on back.
That's one each for Holiday and Thierry.
Buys me a year's subscription. Okay?

Charlie

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 10:25:28 PM »
Hell throw in a Hannah and Her Sisters... To bad it will take a year's subscription worth to get the damn things shipped to him.  What that hell happened to Aussie Post?  I used to get daybills for $10 now it's $17???  Post offices converted to palaces... Geez almost ready to abandon the entire thought of buying from down under...  Hell one of the latest dealer charged me $10 to ship to Ves within the same state...  No wonder daybill prices are so high on emovie - you save so much on shipping getting them from Missouri!

Oh Yeah, keep the forum T... I like it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:26:05 PM by Charlie »

ozcinemagic

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 10:33:09 PM »
Hell throw in a Hannah and Her Sisters... To bad it will take a year's subscription worth to get the damn things shipped to him.  What that hell happened to Aussie Post?  I used to get daybills for $10 now it's $17???  Post offices converted to palaces... Geez almost ready to abandon the entire thought of buying from down under...  Hell one of the latest dealer charged me $10 to ship to Ves within the same state...  No wonder daybill prices are so high on emovie - you save so much on shipping getting them from Missouri!

Yeah, post is a bummer now. They just got rid of 250g weight, so everything is now 500g price. Before I could squueze 5 dbs in a tube for about $12. Ah, the good old days ...  ;)
Cost to UK now is $17.20. Doing a Bruce and taking a bit of a hit there.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:46:41 PM by ozcinemagic »

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 10:50:02 PM »

Buy more save on average cost of postage, simple. An extreme case here last week I shipped to Alice Springs - $24. It costs about $45 to ship from Bruce, dunno why you would think it would cost less coming the other way, it's not really down hill to us, you know that right?

Oh yeah, keep the forum T - it'll do.
David

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 10:53:29 PM »
That we will never do.  Holiday and I are fine, thanks for your concern.  The one thing that separates us from that other forum (the dead one) is that we love movie posters, we are both collectors and we're not out there to take your money.

T

Indeed.  Thierry and I talked about it briefly a long time ago, but our consensus is that we don't collect a dime from anyone, and as a result we are beholden to no one.  

Have no doubt, though, that we know that you all would pitch in many times over to help, and we do appreciate the offers to do so.  But, it'll be a cold day in Hell before that happens!

Three years.  That's pretty fucking cool.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 01:55:06 AM »
And not only the no1 poster forum, but one of/if not the best forum on the web. That's not just because I love films and posters, It's because of the freedom.... All the other sites I look through won't let you post the "explicit" pics we post here, or use the language we can  on here. You can be yourself here, even if you are an arse.... ;)

Well done H & T keep at it, the Webs best double act.... :D 
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 03:29:12 PM »
No complaints at my end,this place is harder to avoid than chlamydia.  :)

Stew

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »
It's a great forum and Thierry and Holiday should be congratulated for the laissez-faire manner in which they run things.

Mark

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 07:22:57 PM »
I was a forum virgin before this so i have no comparison.

It wasn't too painful, so that's good.  sm1

guest4185

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 09:30:29 PM »

I just sent three tubes overseas and lost $ on all of them. Aus Post pricves have gone through the roof, without notification as far as I'm aware.
Plus a good post I sent to South America was lost. I lodged three claims vias the internet only to have the first two claims lost. Most recently I had to send my receipts off to Aus Post but I have heard no more., Pretty sad when they lose a claim for a lost item

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 09:46:57 PM »
It's a great forum and Thierry and Holiday should be congratulated for the laissez-faire manner in which they run things.

Mark

I love that to no end. That we all have a voice that cannot be muted. Its pretty awesome.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2012, 01:45:21 PM »
I love that to no end. That we all have a voice that cannot be muted. Its pretty awesome.

A super forum to be able to discuss all kinds of posters (and other things, too).

Thanks T and H!!

sm1

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2012, 11:39:02 AM »
Erm, renew it.

I know I only contribute in one finite area, but I read everything.

All good.  Let us know if you want a dollar donation - I am feeling expansive!