Author Topic: Posterazzi - Censorship for one and not for all?  (Read 18961 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Re: Posterazzi - Censorship for one and not for all?
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 12:13:34 AM »
Yah so pucker up acid eating bike riding batman fan man.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 02:50:28 AM »
More of his crap, it's not even hard to find

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblogs/big-screen/2011/dec/23/worlds-largest-cataloged-archive-of-mexican-lobby-/
http://www.lnrctexas.org/1/post/2012/5/the-federation-of-hispanic-republicans.html
http://sandiego.sandiegoreader.com/AntiquesForSale/action-figures-pvc-animation-characters-vintage-toys/11592238
http://losangeles.backpage.com/AntiquesForSale/bulk-sale-15000-vintage-toys/23693322
http://www.repsandsuppliers.com/cgi-bin/vendors/index.pl?noframes;read=2023
http://www.manta.com/c/mxflddw/posterazzi

Even dumping his crap on a fan site of Brigitte! Sacrilege!
http://www.bardotbrigitte.com/brigitte-bardot-posters/

Spambot biatch

The volume is increasing remarkably.

I reported his ass to a few organisations, I included plenty of examples of his ads spam which in some cases (dependent on the day) is exactly the same on many many sites (which is considered spam due to it's multiple/mass postings). I also reported his email address as being the source of spam material with evidence (abuse@hotmail.com) and to the likes of Picasa (Google). Sure he can change it, but at least it is a pain in the ass for him, he has had many email addresses and internet hosts over time yahoo comes to mind, there are others which I forget as I write.

It may take a while but I'll move that tree limb to the side of the road, and it would be nice if sites and forums like this started doing the same. His IP address would be helpful too...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:03:07 AM by Silhouette »
David

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 03:09:54 AM »
Seriously, why do you care?
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 03:37:30 AM »
Because he is spammer, spamming is an internet scourge where innocent people are often screwed over, regrettably volume almost always guarantees success. Add to the fact he is not actually for the hobby, he doesn't care about the hobby, he has never contributed anything more than continual /spam to the hobby - in short he doesn't care about collectors he just cares how much he can screw out of them...and I quote "...and while Silver hopes whoever purchases it does something to “benefit Mexico and its cultural legacy,” he also admits, “I’m in it for the money.”. That was six year ago...

The second part of that statement cancels any "good" intentions of the first part (as if he meant that anyway).

So why do you not care? Is it because he doesn't affect or you choose to ignore what he does so why should you bother? Ari, if you were being hassled on the street I would cross the road to help you, even if I didn't know you, sometimes people need no reason to take part other than it's the right thing to do for one or for the community in general. Apathy is no excuse for inaction.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:39:00 AM by Silhouette »
David

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 04:55:15 AM »
I agree with helping people, I just don't agree he is hassling anyone.
Only peoples time he wastes is people who read it, and people who talk about him.
If anyone wants to start a campaign against people who do stuff ONLY for the money and nothing else, it would be a pretty big task, plus your rubbish wont be collected next week. Dont get me wrong if you want to, or are offended by him I think go for it. Theres fights I am willing to fight that I am sure many don't understand. I was just curious why this one is all.
An Error Has Occurred!

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 06:00:18 AM »
Time for a Mexican Lobby Card boob break

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 07:24:49 AM »
I spy with my little eye, something beginning with N..........
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 11:39:45 AM »
Yikes....Jollynice Steve, I wonder if Posternazi has one for sale.. ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2012, 01:15:05 PM »
I agree with helping people, I just don't agree he is hassling anyone.

Sorry Ari, but if you don't think constant posting adverts to dozens of forums/websites etc with adverts is not hassling then we have different view on /spam.

Good to see he is hijacking other people's threads now other than mine in the For Sale (http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,5173.0.html) - he could give a shit about who what or where.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 01:19:37 PM by Silhouette »
David

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »
Sorry Ari, but if you don't think constant posting adverts to dozens of forums/websites etc with adverts is not hassling then we have different view on /spam.

Good to see he is hijacking other people's threads now other than mine in the For Sale (http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,5173.0.html) - he could give a shit about who what or where.

that IS out of line

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2012, 01:54:22 PM »
What I said (both or one sentence?) or what he did (hijacked Holiday's thread)?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 01:55:26 PM by Silhouette »
David

Charlie

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2012, 01:58:10 PM »
Just ignore him!  I am starting to think you have a personal vendetta against him at this point.  Who cares where he posts and how often if they don't want him to, they can ban him... Is there something I don't know about here?  I am just not seeing the issue here.  Who swung first?  If I recall it was not him...

When I approached the guy about some Rear Window cards he was quick to respond, sent pics and a price...  He didn't want to break the set so I let him know I would think about it - he was looking to be an ok dealer...

Maybe the best advice is for him to have a single thread - Posterazzi's Poster Thread and post like Bruce does.  

• Post-aholic
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2012, 02:02:24 PM »
what he did (hijacked Holiday's thread)?

very bad

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Charlie

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2012, 02:07:13 PM »
very bad

He didn't hijack it any more than Bruce did... An am so confused.  Is this some douchebag seller that I don't know about?

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2012, 02:20:07 PM »
Just ignore him!  I am starting to think you have a personal vendetta against him at this point.  Who cares where he posts and how often if they don't want him to, they can ban him... Is there something I don't know about here?  I am just not seeing the issue here.  Who swung first?  If I recall it was not him...

When I approached the guy about some Rear Window cards he was quick to respond, sent pics and a price...  He didn't want to break the set so I let him know I would think about it - he was looking to be an ok dealer...

Maybe the best advice is for him to have a single thread - Posterazzi's Poster Thread and post like Bruce does.  

Just because in here you choose to ignore it doesn't make it go away, he is a cancer that is spreading across the internet, he is increasing his volume and I've posted plenty of evidence where he is spamming in many many places elsewhere. Effectively your best advice is ignore it and because all his other spamming across the internet doesn't affect you why should you worry about it. What you are also saying is because you don't buy from Tom Loce Mel should not constantly post evidence of his scams and fakes in here, because it doesn't affect you. Fortunately there are people who take action against the viagara spammers, the nigerian 419 scammers, online thieves and scoundrels and so on.

And comparing his ad posts (which is ALL he posts in this forum) to Bruce's ad posts (who also and often will join in other conversations AND is a PART of this hobby) is being argumentative for the sake of it.

Yeah it's a vendetta, not against what he sells simply against the fact he is a spammer.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 02:21:19 PM by Silhouette »
David

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2012, 03:00:25 PM »
Yah so pucker up acid eating bike riding batman fan man.

I read that post earlier but didn't realise it was aimed at me.  ;D

Online ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2012, 03:11:01 PM »
deadhorse take that, damn horse.

Charlie

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2012, 03:36:09 PM »
Just because in here you choose to ignore it doesn't make it go away, he is a cancer that is spreading across the internet, he is increasing his volume and I've posted plenty of evidence where he is spamming in many many places elsewhere. Effectively your best advice is ignore it and because all his other spamming across the internet doesn't affect you why should you worry about it. What you are also saying is because you don't buy from Tom Loce Mel should not constantly post evidence of his scams and fakes in here, because it doesn't affect you. Fortunately there are people who take action against the viagara spammers, the nigerian 419 scammers, online thieves and scoundrels and so on.

And comparing his ad posts (which is ALL he posts in this forum) to Bruce's ad posts (who also and often will join in other conversations AND is a PART of this hobby) is being argumentative for the sake of it.

Yeah it's a vendetta, not against what he sells simply against the fact he is a spammer.

Dude your panties are waded up man.... Don't start raging on me because you are pissed at him...  You've made your bed now lie in it... 

Bruce has posted his list ~623 times I don't see anywhere or anytime someone has gotten in there and started fucking with him because he chose not to participate in the member area...

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2012, 04:06:28 PM »
I wasn't 'raging' at you 'Dude', you ignore I choose to not ignore. I "f*cked with him" because I did some checking when others were making comments about his volume/posts it was then I discovered he was an internet spammer, there is no comparison between what he does and anyone else who posts in this forum, to even suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

He didn't hijack it any more than Bruce did...

Seriously? (http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,5173.0.html) His response was to simply spam his advert into that topic whereas Bruce asked for clarification - so different I am not even sure you are reading the same topic...
David

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2012, 04:50:27 PM »
I wasn't 'raging' at you 'Dude', you ignore I choose to not ignore. I "f*cked with him" because I did some checking when others were making comments about his volume/posts it was then I discovered he was an internet spammer, there is no comparison between what he does and anyone else who posts in this forum, to even suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Seriously? (http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,5173.0.html) His response was to simply spam his advert into that topic whereas Bruce asked for clarification - so different I am not even sure you are reading the same topic...

Also, someone earlier specifically referred to the fact that Bruce did not post pictures of all that is in his bulk lot auctions.  I think Bruce was responding to that, rather than hijacking the thread, aside from the basic fact that it was a thread that called for general discussion, rather than someone's for sale thread being taken over by another.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Posteroid

• Collector
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2012, 05:16:04 PM »
Oh boy, you guys are really wasting way too much time on something like this.
But if it makes ya happy.....

Armin

Bruce

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2012, 05:58:46 PM »
I bet he has sold thousands more Mex LCs due to this thread. I bet he is laughing all the way to the bank.

happy1 laugh1 qip

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2012, 07:33:57 PM »
I just posted this in the sale section.  It bears posting here too:

I have gone through all of Posterazzi's listings, and I have removed only two that I feel do not comply.  The large majority of Posterazzi's postings do link to an image gallery that contains the posters he's listed, and if it's a large gallery, I see that the links actually point to a particular poster or card in the gallery to get you started.

Here's a few suggestions for those concerned.

Posterazzi:  Don't post so much.  Obviously, it's annoying some people.  While you may not care about that, I respectfully submit that you should if you want to keep a good name for yourself.  When you do, make sure you include images or link to the images in your listing, as you do most of the time already.

Silhouette:  Chill out a bit.  Frankly, when I was going through Posterazzi's listings, he actually posts less that most of the other sellers on the forum.  Bruce and Rich post far more than he does, we're not complaining about them.  I know you think Posterazz's a spammer, but frankly, I don't see it.  Is there any difference if one of the other sellers posts to any number of forums and boards to sell their wares?  I don't think so.  And, I will make this observation - you've run at Posterazzi pretty hard, and he's (he?  she?) has taken it in stride and has been very subdued in response.  Had you directed your words at Rich, you would have been hit with a nuclear bomb by now.

Of course, you all will do what you do, but I'm just trying to give you some perspective here.

H

We can start with 5000 JPGs.

There's another 450,000 pics on CD.

CATALOG:  VIEW 145 LISTS & 5,000 sample JPGS:
##################################################

http://posterazzi.blogspot.com

http://picasaweb.google.com/posterazzi

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=posterazzi&p=v

##################################################

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

• Post-aholic
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2012, 08:27:29 PM »
Had you directed your words at Rich, you would have been hit with a nuclear bomb by now.

moron1 moron1 moron1 moron1 moron1 moron1 moron1

-------