Author Topic: FOX - Ebay / VERO  (Read 2993 times)

Offline TC Poster

• Beginner
FOX - Ebay / VERO
« on: March 20, 2018, 01:35:06 PM »
Hey everybody,
a long time ago, I had issues with selling FOX items / posters on Ebay, is this still the case ?
havn't had issues with a few titles but I haven't tried ALIEN or Predator or X-Men stuff

thanks!

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
Re: FOX - Ebay / VERO
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 07:48:11 PM »
You shouldn't have problems selling anything because once it's in the public domain you can do what you want with it, other than selling copyright or making copies of the item and selling those.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 08:06:57 PM »
Hey everybody,
a long time ago, I had issues with selling FOX items / posters on Ebay, is this still the case ?
havn't had issues with a few titles but I haven't tried ALIEN or Predator or X-Men stuff

thanks!

What, specifically, were the issues you ran into, when trying to sell these Fox items on ebay?

-Jeff

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 08:31:17 PM »
What, specifically, were the issues you ran into, when trying to sell these Fox items on ebay?

Fox would routinely get eBay to take down auctions that contained items which bore their name.
It was a load of bollocks mate.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline TC Poster

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 11:20:32 PM »
For example, I was selling Wolverine Original Advance Posters I got from FOX themselves, and they reported the poster(s) to Ebay and they were removed through Vero, Im curious if anyone has issues with FOX posters nowadays, especially since its a subsidiary of Disney now

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 11:55:17 AM »
For example, I was selling Wolverine Original Advance Posters I got from FOX themselves, and they reported the poster(s) to Ebay and they were removed through Vero, Im curious if anyone has issues with FOX posters nowadays, especially since its a subsidiary of Disney now

I know companies can take down sales if they can prove an item was bought from them for the sole purpose of resale if it is written into their terms and conditions of sale, but that in itself is very hard to actually prove in the most part. I've had stuff bought from me only to be whacked straight up for sale somewhere else - why bother pursuing it? You're making a sale, what you want, and the reseller is making a sale, what they want.

Disney are even worse for their intellectual property, but I do think they understand merchandising and memorabilia better than Fox ever did, so that is a good thing.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 08:31:07 AM »
Yes, they still hunt from time to time and actually used a numb nuts third party to bring stuff down, which is complete BS as they put in the IP take down request when they are not the IP owner.

No, ebay doesnt care and will not reverse the take down regardless of the validity of the first sale doctrine on these items. So, if you get 3, your account gets locked down for a month, been there.

If they get one of your items, you might as well end all your FOX items as they will nail them all and will watch your account.  Personally I think it is other sellers that send a mail to Fox, but maybe that is just me being paranoid.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 08:32:40 AM by ddilts399 »