Author Topic: Video posters?  (Read 69429 times)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Re: Video posters?
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 02:45:09 AM »
Not Fantastic films Ted, the names escapes me at the moment. It was a short run Mag...  I will have it somewhere.

Remember these, quite a different Coming soon in Video Shops...

And a couple more Video posters...

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:22:23 AM by paul waines »
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2011, 03:30:05 AM »
Ted, I think the Mag was called, Science & Fantasy film classics. It may have been issue 3, out of a run of 4....

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2011, 04:16:54 AM »
Snuff and Dracula are AWSOME, that version of Dracula is perhaps my favourite, never sure if its that or Nosferatu (herzog) or MARTIN for all time fave vampire films.
Snuff is a terrible film, that i hold dear, after reading about it for 20 plus years and FINALLY seeing it on dvd ten or so tears ago, sure a let down, but still it is what it is.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 08:02:43 PM »
Paul, where you finding all those posters?

I think some video posters are better than some theatrical ones, I actually would pay more for 'some' as they seem harder to find and the art is a lot different too.

Look at the New Nightmare posters, I would rather have the video poster for that one.

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2011, 10:19:00 PM »

I think some video posters are better than some theatrical ones, I actually would pay more for 'some' as they seem harder to find and the art is a lot different too.

Look at the New Nightmare posters, I would rather have the video poster for that one.

You got it, theres quite a few that I think are worth more than the theatre posters and a darn sight harder to get.
So far I know Bruce is on my team, Look out people these are the way of the future.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2011, 11:06:26 PM »
Just scored this rolled Dazed and Confused video one sheet.  Not in as good of condition as I had hoped and the measurements are not the same as the folded one I have.  The paper is a little thinner also (if memory serves me correct since the folded one is now dry mounted  hitself).  The new one is 26 11/16" x 39 11/16".  I need to get me a microscope for further examination.

This Edward Scissorhands video poster is a lot better than the theater versions IMO.  I scored one from Bruce last year, framed it, and gave it to the woman who cuts my hair.  For a while I had told her that she was like Eward Scissorhands in the way she cuts hair so I figured it was apropos to give her the poster as a Christmas present and she seemed pretty stoked about it.  She says it is the focal point on a wall of frames she has at her home and when people walk in that is the first thing that they look at.

This one brings back some bad...errr...painful memories.

The prized gem of my collection.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 12:14:15 AM by NeoLoco »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2011, 02:02:47 AM »

Mike, I have them in a draw for Video/other posters.  Picked them up from a couple of Video shops in the 80's.

I was going to sell them a few years back to buy "proper" posters, but they didn't go very well so I thought I would rather keep them.

If as Ari says a future collectable, condition will be the thing as they were just sellotaped up and more often than not tore down.

There is quite a few...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2011, 07:30:07 AM »
Ted, I think the Mag was called, Science & Fantasy film classics. It may have been issue 3, out of a run of 4....

THAT'S IT!
I knew I'd seen it before and I think I still have it somewhere...

Offline Severen

• Hobbyist
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2011, 04:40:35 PM »
Here's one from a sweet little horror film

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2011, 06:43:28 PM »
The Forest! Wow, I have'nt seen that movie in a while. Clownhouse was a pretty creepy movie, nice poster too!
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2011, 08:24:56 PM »
Paul, can you put in your important papers.. IF ANYTHING SHOULD EVER HAPPEN TO ME CONTACT DALE TO PURCHASE MY COLLECTION FIRST.

bed1

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2011, 08:27:55 PM »
I would absolutely love to find a collection of hoarded video posters from VHS start up to about 90'. Gonna be a LOT of garbage in there, but there would be some gems that is for sure.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2011, 02:03:09 AM »
I'll let Yvonne know, Dale. ;)

I did expect more video posters to be posted than there is. Either people are keeping them quite, or like me thought they wold be worthless, and didn't pick them up....

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2011, 02:13:53 AM »
Didnt pick them up, I have a LOT more, but as said I need a new camera (its regrettably lost) BUT what I have left is one good one (Demons) and a LOT of things that nobody will care for, a hundred or so GREEK VIDEO POSTRS for GREEK FILMS.  Very odd, but this greek video store in Australia was closing down, and selling everything, I bought there posters, they are ALL crap, never heard of any of the movies, not one has nice art - call me nuts - I paid for them. not much, but probably 1c each was to much.  COMING SOON. ZORBA THE CRAP (there is one that has the best camel toe I have seen)
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2011, 02:19:55 AM »
Nice CLOWNHOUSE, Severen. An overlooked creeper, to say the least.
Paul...those posters are awesome.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2011, 02:48:45 AM »

It is even more of a creeper when you realize that writer/director Victor Salva went to jail for molesting the adolescent boys in the cast.  Ever notice how much time they spent running around in their underwear?
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2011, 03:34:08 AM »
It is even more of a creeper when you realize that writer/director Victor Salva went to jail for molesting the adolescent boys in the cast.  Ever notice how much time they spent running around in their underwear?

Ye gods, man...I forgot how right you are.
According to IMDB, Salva described it as "a dark time in my confused young life, but also a time when I took responsibility for my own arrested development and the ramifications of growing up in a deeply dysfunctional family."
I just love the way -- in the above quote -- that Salva claims to take "responsibility" and then -- by the end of the sentence -- blames his issues on his "deeply dysfunctional family."
I love it when they man up...
He did direct some fine films like JEEPERS CREEPERS and POWDER.
Just leave the little boys alone, Vic.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2011, 07:41:58 AM »
(there is one that has the best camel toe I have seen)

Someone send Ari a new camera, please?
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline Severen

• Hobbyist
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2011, 01:58:42 PM »
Paul...those posters are awesome.
Yeah Brude, I've always thought this was a killler little horror movie. Sam Rockwell was great playing the douchbag older brother, you spend half the movie laughing at him. You could tell way back then that he was a talented actor.

Offline Severen

• Hobbyist
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2011, 02:10:14 PM »
Yeah its hard to watch the movie now and not think about the sick shit that was going on behind the scenes when the movie was being filmed. Very sad. I wonder if that is why you don't hear more about this movie, its almost like it was kind of swept under the rug.

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2011, 06:57:57 PM »
Here's one from a sweet little horror film

"Anger, hostility towards the opposition"
Nice.

Offline Severen

• Hobbyist
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2011, 01:03:09 PM »
"Anger, hostility towards the opposition"
Nice.
LOL Cj,

Busting out some of that old school action, didn't even realize that was there. They were fun back in the day, I actually got to see them a few times.

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2011, 04:07:53 PM »
I must admit I love video posters. Here are a few of mine...I'm actually looking for a couple of UK Video posters, Ed Wood and The Nightmare Before Christmas, been looking for many years and have never seen them anywhere so if anyone has a pic please post.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2011, 05:16:45 PM »
Nice bunch, Spongebob.... thumbup

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2011, 05:32:25 PM »
Me too Severen, actually I still have my old shirt from when they toured off that album!