Author Topic: ISO: Dark Knight Rises IMAX Final 1S  (Read 42105 times)

guest8

ISO: Dark Knight Rises IMAX Final 1S
« on: July 26, 2012, 09:56:07 AM »
The prices on these shot way up as soon as they hit ebay and the popularity for the film is really high right now, so prices seem a bit unrealistic at the moment. I guess Im just hoping maybe someone has one thats willing to let it go without gouging the shit out of my on the cost. ;) If not I guess Ill just have to wait another 6-12 months and hope the prices drop some. Thanks!

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
Re: ISO: Dark Knight Rises IMAX Final 1S
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 12:19:31 PM »
One of these did sell for £203 on ebay.co.uk the other day.
I was watching bit but it shot up too fast and too high for me.

There is a bit of fraudulent bidding going on at the moment on ebay.co.uk on all the DKR quads and one sheets.
Bidders with zero feedback and 20-30 odd retracted bids are making the prices go sky high.

I've reported it but ebay are shit with dealing with stuff like this.

It's a cool poster and one i will be watching out for.
If i see a bargain, well a second one  ;), I'll keep you in mind.  :)

One-Sheet

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 02:59:18 PM »
Lots of shill bidding on ebay lately.  Was in a bidding war for some TDKR international posters.  The guy had like 3 feedbacks and had only bid in the last few days.  I reported it to ebay and they did nothing to cancel his bids or reprimand the bidder.  I knew the bids were fraudulent so I gave up.

I cannot believe one of these sold for $405 USD last week.  I mean, I love this poster and I liked the movie but no way in hell am I going to pay hundreds of dollars for it.  I'm sure once the hype around this film passes the prices will fall back to reasonable levels. 

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 03:29:07 PM »
I think anything above $50 for any posters from the past 20 years is ridiculous.  But that's me.  I'm a cheap bastard.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest8

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 04:07:34 PM »
I think anything above $50 for any posters from the past 20 years is ridiculous.  But that's me.  I'm a cheap bastard.

T

Well with all of your connections maybe you could help a brother out ! ;)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 04:17:20 PM »
I can't on this specific poster, but when I see what some people pay for recent posters, I want to shout "Do your research!"  It's really not that hard. 

Unless of course money is not an issue and you really don't care about what you spend.  I know a few people like that ;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

One-Sheet

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 07:13:31 PM »
This will only encourage the bootleggers to reprint this poster.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 07:23:58 PM »
This will only encourage the bootleggers to reprint this poster.

I have seen a bootleg of a 2009 Star Trek poster. I doubt those scumbags need much of any encouragement.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 08:05:33 PM »
Which is why buying early is SO important.
My Personal Collection

Steven11788

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 08:31:47 PM »
thats why i hate the DK posters, i like em but since they are new, i cant see paying more than 20 and then boom the baine teaster goes up to 40, these are posters i like but will not pay for..

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 11:13:07 PM »
Satisfy your DK itch with some of the posters from the first two films.
By the time you can get those out of the way, these prices should be more realistic.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 11:28:51 PM »
Here's something that doesn't make any sense to me...

This Batman Begins poster sells for $110 (what-ever!)...

...while this much, much rarer international Batman Returns (which only exists SS) sells for $22.

I already own a couple of the international Batman Returns, so I didn't pay attention to the sale.  Had I known, I would have bought a 3rd one.

T
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:29:53 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 03:09:44 AM »
Here's something that doesn't make any sense to me...

This Batman Begins poster sells for $110 (what-ever!)...

...while this much, much rarer international Batman Returns (which only exists SS) sells for $22.

I already own a couple of the international Batman Returns, so I didn't pay attention to the sale.  Had I known, I would have bought a 3rd one.

There is a very easy answer.  One is the best poster for a quality film by a top director at or near the peak of his popularity.  The other is a mildly interesting, if somewhat odd, collage for a nearly good film from a director clearly on the wane.

One-Sheet

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 12:58:51 PM »
There is a very easy answer.  One is the best poster for a quality film by a top director at or near the peak of his popularity.  The other is a mildly interesting, if somewhat odd, collage for a nearly good film from a director clearly on the wane.

Thing is though the U.S. advance of BB is quite common and in no way should be going for over $100.  The International advance "cave poster" is much rarer and I seldom see this one for anything less than $200.

One-Sheet

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 03:26:12 PM »
That Batman Begins advance is the best poster of the whole trilogy. I wish I would have kept more than what I did.

One-Sheet

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »
Are you Dale?  Pretty sure I just bought a Dark Knight Rises advance B from you on ebay.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 05:34:12 PM »
That Batman Begins advance is the best poster of the whole trilogy. I wish I would have kept more than what I did.

I think I have a bunch of those as well.  Between the domestic and international styles, I have 7 or 8 different posters for the first Batman (all on my site).
My Personal Collection

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 06:49:45 PM »
I wish I would have kept more than what I did.

Im glad you didnt and a very belated thank you for the transaction.  :)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 06:54:19 PM »
Thing is though the U.S. advance of BB is quite common and in no way should be going for over $100.  The International advance "cave poster" is much rarer and I seldom see this one for anything less than $200.

I assume you are talking about the one on the right.

Yes I am Batcrap crazy.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:54:49 PM by Zorba »

One-Sheet

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2012, 08:00:55 PM »
Yes, the one on the right.  I couldn't go back and edit my post to fix the broken link.

Steven11788

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2012, 08:15:16 PM »
has anyone seen the one seller that listed 2 posters call em triolgy onesheets, with batman in the fron and all his enmies behind him.. very cool but gotta be a repro at 11x16

One-Sheet

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 11:31:06 PM »
has anyone seen the one seller that listed 2 posters call em triolgy onesheets, with batman in the fron and all his enmies behind him.. very cool but gotta be a repro at 11x16

AFAIK these haven't been officially released as one-sheets and exist purely as promotional images:

guest8

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 08:49:23 AM »
I have the quad for the BB "Cave" poster .. theres more detail on the sides of the quad making the cave look larger.. But the one sheet is nice as well!  ISO BB INTL CAVE 1S now as well ;)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 11:21:39 AM »
Here's my Nolan Batman collection so far...  Along with US OS, it includes a few bus stops, a few B1s and a few I haven't bothered to get like the Dark Knight collage (which I hate), and the Dark Knight Rises final (which I will get at some point).

My Personal Collection