Author Topic: Hungarian posters  (Read 19737 times)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: Hungarian posters
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 11:50:54 AM »
Also in the latest acquisitions thread, but it probably should be cross referenced here.........

Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2013, 04:30:08 PM »
I haven't posted many new acquisitions lately, even though I've been on a buying tear.  I just don't have time to take proper photos.  This was a pretty special batch of Hungarians for me, though, so I wanted to share them even if it's just iPhone pics for now.  As Schan said on the previous page of this thread -- the art may not be to everyone's taste, but holy crap are Hungarians hard to find! 

Some Like it Hot 1965 A3

Wizard of Oz R1976 A3

Monty Python and the Holy Grail 1977 A3

Annie Hall 1979 A1

Wages of Fear 1954-55 B2

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2013, 08:11:15 PM »
I like wages of fear, did they do a hell drivers?
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Charlie

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 09:39:50 PM »
Nice Matt!

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 09:55:13 PM »
Thanks Charlie! 

I like wages of fear, did they do a hell drivers?

Not sure.  I didn't even know this Wages existed until it popped up.  That is one of the thing I find so interesting about Hungarian posters -- they exist for more films than you think, you've just never seen them. 

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
Witty signature goes here.

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
Re: 'Mind-blowing' Hungarian posters
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 02:03:36 AM »
Very cool. I believe that the Close encounters of the 3rd kind is very rare. I beleive T purchased one awhile back if I recall correctly. As for the rest I am not sure how rare they are. But I like the Apocalypse Now poster. Some very cool art on those.almost looks like the artists were on an acid trip when they done them.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 02:25:26 AM »
Not only did I purchase it, but it is my picture.  As are Alien, Apocalypse Now, ET, Back to the Future and Aliens.  All my posters.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 02:32:54 AM »
Not only did I purchase it, but it is my picture.  As are Alien, Apocalypse Now, ET, Back to the Future and Aliens.  All my posters.

T
That is awesome to know that T. If you ever decide to part with any of them let me know lol. But we all know that you never sell anything. So I will take them as a donation from you lol  ;D They are all extrodinary pieces. I would love to add them to my collection. Wasn't there only a few known to exist of the CEO3K??

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 02:37:11 AM »
Less than 5 according to a longtime Hungarian collector.  He's seen 3 in 30 years of collecting.  It's one of my favorite posters too.  Really gorgeous in person.  And no, I'm not selling.  Not now, not ever.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 09:48:16 AM »
Stay tuned... cracking the Hungarian market was probably my biggest collecting goal of 2013.  I went from 1 Hungarian poster to 105 at the current count (and growing).  Many are for non-western films, but there is some pretty cool and unique artwork for sure.  I also managed to land some crazy rare ones too of course.  Can you say Hungarian Roman Holiday?  :-*

It will be a while though.  I'm working on an Eastern European reference site which is where they will ultimately be revealed.  Peter's incredibly thoughtful and clearly heartfelt site was my original inspiration.  Then Ed upped the ante for all of us in terms of production value.  Now I just hope to approach what he has accomplished.  That is one of the reasons I've been more quiet than usual lately. 

So anyway, stay tuned...

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 09:59:15 AM »
And no, I'm not selling.  Not now, not ever.

T

I'm crushed....   :-[
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2014, 10:00:11 AM »
Freakin' great news Matt!! Looking forward to it
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2014, 10:22:15 AM »
Stay tuned... cracking the Hungarian market was probably my biggest collecting goal of 2013.  I went from 1 Hungarian poster to 105 at the current count (and growing).  Many are for non-western films, but there is some pretty cool and unique artwork for sure.  I also managed to land some crazy rare ones too of course.  Can you say Hungarian Roman Holiday?  :-*

It will be a while though.  I'm working on an Eastern European reference site which is where they will ultimately be revealed.  Peter's incredibly thoughtful and clearly heartfelt site was my original inspiration.  Then Ed upped the ante for all of us in terms of production value.  Now I just hope to approach what he has accomplished.  That is one of the reasons I've been more quiet than usual lately. 

So anyway, stay tuned...

Bring it!
Chris

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2014, 10:32:06 AM »
I hesitated writing that post... now I'm going to have to get off my ass and do it :)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2014, 07:34:23 PM »
I hesitated writing that post... now I'm going to have to get off my ass and do it :)

Starting now mister! Your site is long over due.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2014, 07:45:36 PM »
Can you say Hungarian Roman Holiday?  :-*

Charlie out recruiting a hit squad at this moment so he can claim the treasure

and Matt, in your pursuit, if you run across some nice gambling images or Raymond Chandler titles - even the later ones - please keep me in mind for those
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:48:25 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2014, 09:11:43 PM »
Starting now mister! Your site is long over due.

Well, technically I need two sites -- the Eastern European ref site AND my personal site!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2014, 09:12:35 PM »
I'm crushed....   :-[

Believe it or not, I still get emails on a weekly basis from people asking me if I sell (even though I clearly state that I don't.). I simply don't answer anymore.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2014, 09:37:03 PM »
Well, technically I need two sites -- the Eastern European ref site AND my personal site!

Its not like you have family or work right?  :P

I am looking forward to both.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2015, 02:08:00 PM »
http://io9.com/the-mind-blowing-hungarian-posters-for-all-your-favorit-1531366622

Love the color on all of these. The vibrancy and subject matter (or rather the interpretation, much like Polish posters do), is fascinating. It has often made me wonder how and why theses artists come up with often very theatrical or avant garde imagery for film posters. They do what they are supposed to-- GRAB ONE'S EYE!.

And congrats, T, for you having all of these that are shown.

Tre' Nice!  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2015, 02:35:25 PM »
I'm now up to 400+ Hungarians :)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2015, 11:10:29 PM »

That is an impressive quantity and knowing you are they are also impressive subject matter and quality.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2015, 03:26:26 AM »

That's very impressive Matt. Given your background and the variety/depth of your collection you really should consider publishing a book on Central/East European movie posters.

Mark

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2015, 03:53:27 AM »
I agree, I for one would be very interested and I am sure many others would be as well..
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:54:12 AM by Undead »
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!