Author Topic: Tom Loce (tloceposters) fake thread  (Read 63896 times)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Re: Tom Loce (tloceposters) fake thread
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2012, 09:15:55 PM »

Ari, this needs explaining....

Years back,  I was running a torture garden daybill on ebay, and it was removed by ebay, the sent an email stating I was violating copyright. Anyways I relisted, and same thing happened again, I spent some time backwards and forwards trying to get the details on what I was doing wrong. In the end, according to ebay, Christopher Lee's son (who apparently manages his affairs) had complained that I didnt have permission to sell items that feature Mr Lee.
I asked them to fwd a message to Mr Lee Jnr, something like:

I AM SORRY YOU FEEL THIS WAY, HOWEVER I MUST POINT OUT THAT YOUR FATHER IS IN FACT NOT IN TORTURE GARDEN, PETER CUSHING IS, DON'T FEEL BAD, A LOT OF PEOPLE GET THE TWO MIXED UP.

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2012, 09:23:21 PM »
I AM SORRY YOU FEEL THIS WAY, HOWEVER I MUST POINT OUT THAT YOUR FATHER IS IN FACT NOT IN TORTURE GARDEN, PETER CUSHING IS, DON'T FEEL BAD, A LOT OF PEOPLE GET THE TWO MIXED UP.

laugh1

That is classic!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2012, 09:24:07 PM »
 laugh1
David

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2012, 10:00:41 PM »
Years back,  I was running a torture garden daybill on ebay, and it was removed by ebay, the sent an email stating I was violating copyright. Anyways I relisted, and same thing happened again, I spent some time backwards and forwards trying to get the details on what I was doing wrong. In the end, according to ebay, Christopher Lee's son (who apparently manages his affairs) had complained that I didnt have permission to sell items that feature Mr Lee.
I asked them to fwd a message to Mr Lee Jnr, something like:

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »
 ;D

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2012, 11:19:15 PM »
That's a great one Ari!
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2012, 11:28:10 PM »
thanks, it's the cushing mix up huh?
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2012, 09:44:42 PM »
I contacted someone who left negative feedback about a Blade Runner insert sold by con artist Loce and he responded as follows:

Would love to give this jerk some exposure! movie poster authenticating of los angeles did extensive testing including forensics and determined it to be a fake. they also warned me that they have debunked several of his inserts on this title and have contacted him about his crooked selling practices but he ignores them.poster was ultimately returned but may have some paperwork from mpg.com still will contact you in a day or 2 with more info. thanks for contacting me, hope this guy gets's shut down.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2012, 11:40:20 PM »
Too bad we couldn't hack eBay to fix his listings as per the truthful example
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2012, 11:45:50 PM »
Too bad we couldn't hack eBay to fix his listings as per the truthful example

Chris, the thing is.. even when Loce happens to sell a real poster, he still photographs in the same murky light, against that brown shag carpet and with no attention to sharp focus. It is how he presents everything, legit, or not.  :P

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2012, 11:47:08 PM »
Chris, the thing is.. even when Loce happens to sell a real poster, he still photographs in the same murky light, against that brown shag carpet and with no attention to sharp focus. It is how he presents everything, legit, or not.  :P

Yep he got that advice from Professor Powers' lectures
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2012, 11:50:47 PM »
Yep he got that advice from Professor Powers' lectures

Shoot wide and ONLY with one available light source, placed to the right...LOL

Posters against the brown shag appear more warm, too.  8)

-Jeff

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2012, 04:24:53 PM »
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: Hall of Shame
To: Thomas Loce <tloce1@rochester.rr.com>

Hey Locust, haven't heard from you lately.  I checked your positive feedback and see that you're still fleecing lots of Ebayers with those fake bootleg inserts, of which you have an endless supply. (Will miracles never cease?) So I took the liberty of contacting some of your buyers and advising them to get refunds from you.

But really I'm very disappointed you haven't started pumping out Dark Knight Rises IMAX fakes.  Don't you know those are selling for $150+?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-DARK-KNIGHT-RISES-27x40-double-sided-IMAX-poster-BATMAN-Nolan-Bale-/280973091060

Normally, you're quick to flood the market with single-sided fakes of posters like that, just like you did with your ridiculous Black Swan fakes.   Are you getting less rapacious with advancing age?   

TTYL, Mel

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2012, 05:47:27 PM »
Date: Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM
To: Mel <alphamel1968@gmail.com>

Thank you Melvin . I look forward to reporting you once again to Ebay . Your account has been flagged for interfering with another Ebayers sales previously so hopefully one of these days you’ll gasp your last breath yodeling for some young boy’s meat whistle .

I know your anxious to add this to your collection of emails in my Hall of Shame and the forum to show everyone you’ve been in touch with me again so please hurry . I’m truly amazed that you don’t have a social life outside of the forums but seeing what a pathetic weasel that you are I shouldn’t be surprised .

Wouldn’t you be shocked to know that around half the dealers on your feedback column on Ebay actually deal in bootleg material and there’s a few that I see that you purchased . What an expert you are !

You’re just another one of those wanna-be experts who think you know everything about posters and love to espouse your expertise anywhere you can , sort of like a rabid dog pissing any old place to mark his territory . Oh well , like all the other wanna-be’s before you – Dan , Jeannie , Lieberman and on and on – some day you’ll realize that you really have no clue as to whats going on in this biz and you'll crawl back under the same rock that they have . Until then I hope to continually ruin your day whenever you look at my feedback as you’ll be thinking “ I wish I could make a living off my passion of posters like Loce instead of wearing a monkey suit everyday and sucking my bosses ass “ .

Hoping you come out of the closet someday ,

T Loce
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:47:46 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2012, 05:49:07 PM »
Date: Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 5:45 PM
To: Thomas Loce <tloce1@rochester.rr.com>

Hey Locust, you go right ahead and complain to Ebay . If Ebay kicks me out for truthfully informing your buyers you've conned them, then I'll just create a new Ebay ID .  No problemo .  

By the way, I thought you were going to sue me for defamation .  What's the hold up ?  Can you imagine Professor Powers testifying as an expert for you !  How awesome would that be ? (See attached) .

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:49:37 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Charlie

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2012, 10:23:36 PM »
Until then I hope to continually ruin your day whenever you look at my feedback as you’ll be thinking “ I wish I could make a living off my passion of posters like Loce instead of wearing a monkey suit everyday and sucking my bosses ass “ .

This was quite creative... Bet he would be a fun drinking buddy. Keep up the good work Mel!  thumbup

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2012, 10:47:19 PM »
When a man resorts to personal insults to try to make a point then you can usually count their IQ on the fingers of one hand...but of course we knew that already.
David

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »
I know this is an old post, but it just popped up on my "unread" list.

A bartender serves you one or two drinks, you get drunk and kill someone with your car, is he/she responsible? No.

Yes, they are.

Many states have laws that would make it illegal to serve someone to the point of intoxication. And if you do, you can be found liable for anything they do as a result. There have been cases where a bar served someone past the point of inebriation, they left to drive home, and then killed someone on the way. The police will investigate, look at receipts/recordings and evaluate if the bartender and/or business is at fault. And if they are, they can face civil and criminal penalties.

While "one or two drinks" wouldn't be enough in most cases, unless they had already been drinking prior to arriving at the establishment, the bartender still has a responsibility and can suffer the consequences for turning a blind eye.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2012, 09:20:46 AM »
Oh, cool, I'm engaged in multiple wars today. Here's the latest threat from Locust after I contacted some Ebay members about fake inserts Locust sold them:

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Thomas Loce <tloce1@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

Looks like someone still wants to play .
Buckle up .

When is a Lawyer Subject to Disbarment?

Disbarment - being stripped of one's license to practice law - is the most severe professional penalty a lawyer can receive. Rule of Professional Conduct 8.5 states that a lawyer is subject to disbarment, or any disciplinary action, under the rules of the jurisdiction where that lawyer is admitted to practice, "regardless of where the lawyer's conduct occurs." What conduct? The commentary on Rule 8.4 proposes that, "Although a lawyer is personally answerable to the entire criminal law, a lawyer should be professionally answerable only for offenses that indicate lack of those characteristics relevant to law practice. Offenses involving violence, dishonesty, breach of trust, or serious interference with the administration of justice are in that category." Rule 8.4 itself states clearly that "It is professional misconduct for a lawyer to ... commit a criminal act that reflects adversely on the lawyer's honesty, trustworthiness or fitness as a lawyer ... [or to] engage in conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit or misrepresentation."

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:20:57 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2012, 11:54:12 AM »
My response:

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Mel <alphamel1968@gmail.com> wrote:

Locust, you can make all the threats and file all the complaints in the world against me.  Apparently you've already contacted my employer.

Your problem is that you really ARE the biggest con artist in the hobby and truth is a dispositive defense.  I'm the first person you haven't intimidated with legal threats.  You've never once actually denied that your inserts are fake. The overwhelming evidence - your endless supply of inserts but claiming that only "two are available," selling below market value, your sales of fakes like the Black Swan you directly sold me, etc. - prove that they are. Your defense that "most of my stuff is original" is bogus.

I look forward to dealing with you in any legal venue.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2012, 01:55:54 PM »
Love it Mel, you play him so well.
David

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2012, 04:14:25 PM »
OK, so I don't buy modern stuff, so let me ask this question.  How many of the posters does this guy sell which are fakes?  I see he has incredible feedback and not too many neutrals or negatives, what's the deal?

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2012, 04:15:25 PM »
OK, so I don't buy modern stuff, so let me ask this question.  How many of the posters does this guy sell which are fakes?  I see he has incredible feedback and not too many neutrals or negatives, what's the deal?

He gets the negs removed is one explanation...the other is uninformed, naive bidders/buyers
Chris

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2012, 04:18:56 PM »
He gets the negs removed is one explanation...the other is uninformed, naive bidders/buyers

OK, so how does he get them removed?  And seriously, are ALL his posters fakes?

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2012, 04:22:03 PM »
I'd also guess that if people make a claim to him a product is fake he will simply credit the purchase hence no sale hence no feedback can be recorded?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:22:19 PM by Silhouette »
David