Author Topic: Tom Loce (tloceposters) fake thread  (Read 65008 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: Tom Loce (tloceposters) fake thread
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 10:19:32 PM »
Thanks to Ted for spotting the Troll Hunter fake taken from MPDB.  Loce is basically MovieGoods Jr.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 06:24:28 PM by erik1925 »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 11:15:09 PM »
It's a stock pile of minty white inserts. 
Chris

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 01:10:42 AM »
Are all of tloces posters fake?

Stew

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 01:45:50 AM »
no.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 07:44:56 AM »
Are all of tloces posters fake?

Stew

Yes, some of his stuff is legit.  In fact, perhaps most of his listings are legit.  If you skim through his 12,000 listings on Ebay, you'll notice that he has many many super-high priced originals that never sell.  (What's the strategy for that?)

Looking through his feedback, it looks like 1 in 15 sales is a fake. I'm less concerned with his run-of-the-mill one sheet fakes, almost certainly printed from images from MPDB, that he sells for $25 or less.  I'm primarily concerned with his high-price ripoffs, mostly the fake inserts and lobby cards that he is selling for $75+.   Those are pure profit to him and a significant loss to his customers.

Here is one of his deceptive trade practices. He lists a fake like Grindhouse and claims he has three available.  When those sell, he relists the item and claims that two are available.  This is deceptive because he knows that buyers will avoid any seller who has an unlimited supply.

Below is a much more serious rip-off and it's not just "fun and games," as Ari and Jay apparently perceive the situation.  He sold two fake sets of Halloween lobby cards and claimed he had two available. When those sold, he immediately re-listed them and claimed he had two available.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:21:34 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Charlie

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2012, 08:19:43 AM »
All you guys steer clear and maybe he will drop his prices so I can snag some stuff he has that is on my watch list... 

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2012, 05:33:26 PM »
The latest and greatest from the great Tom Loce:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: Hall of Shame
To: Mel <alphamel1968@gmail.com>

Hi-de-ho Melvin ,
           For a lawyer you sure are a dumb guy . You can’t even follow the rules & regulations of Ebay . I just found that your Ebay account has been flagged by Ebay for contacting my Customers on Ebay and interfering with sales . Anymore shenanigans like that and your likely to be removed  . Tsk Tsk , someone should spank you .

Looks like I really ruffled your feathers old chum . I’m not sure how you arrived at all these “ conclusions “ about me on your website and on chat rooms . It certainly looks like a lot of rumors , conjecture & heresay that was put together to try to denigrate me . I don’t see one fact in that whole streaming pile .

This would be in the same order as me conveying things I have read about you on websites and heard about you and trying to proclaim they are facts .

Just because I ran across a site that said that Mel Hutton  was a high ranking member of NAMBLA ( National American Boy Lover Association ) , I would never believe it and would certainly never post it anywhere online .

I’ve read other stories that Mel Hutton has a severe case of Mixoscopic Zoophelia ( The act of a person getting aroused by watching animals copulate)  . Again I find this hard to believe and in my wildest dreams would never post something like this in a manner in which to defame you .

I’ve heard rumors of a Mel Hutton paying off Chris Hanson from To Catch a Predator so he would not serve time for exposing himself at a playground . Again I am sure these are unfounded rumors and I would not want people to ever get the wrong idea about you .

It sure sounds like part of the material your claiming about me comes under the
Online Activities Not Covered by Section 230

While most courts have held that Section 230 grants interactive computer services broad, expansive immunity, this recognition often comes with some reluctance by the courts. Occasionally courts try to find ways around the broad immunity grant of Section 230. Early on, most courts that tried to hold service providers liable were trial courts that eventually found themselves reversed on appeal.

Lately, however, some appellate courts have been willing to limit Section 230's immunity. This has primarily involved two types of activities by online publishers:

Editing of content that materially alters its meaning. If you edit content created by a third-party and those edits make an otherwise non-defamatory statement defamatory, you will likely lose your immunity under Section 230. Where this line is, however, remains unclear. Obviously, if you remove the word "not" from a sentence that reads "Jim Jones is not a murderer," you will have substantially altered the meaning of the sentence and made an otherwise non-defamatory statement defamatory.

But then again I’m not 100% sure so I’ll just keep gathering information and possibly turn into a litigious troll again . Heck , If I had enough time & money to waste to bring Time Warner / Warner Bro to the Supreme Court level I certainly wouldn’t have any qualms about wasting my money & your time on a defamation suit or at the very least some type of loss of income .
I’m still debating if its worth wasting my time on a speck of dust like you.
Your #1 fan ,
Tom Loce
PS – Take my advice – Stay away from children and find yourself a nice Jewish girl that enjoys yodeling .
Please add this to the TOM LOCE HALL OF FAME eeerrrrr  SHAME . Thanks .
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 05:34:16 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2012, 05:41:38 PM »
The guy's an idiot.
David

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2012, 09:31:43 PM »
The guy's an idiot.

who sells more posters than you and me multiplied ;)
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2012, 09:43:17 PM »

A crooked poster dealer who is doing really well?

Never seen one of them before around these here parts :P

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2012, 09:53:17 PM »
 ;D

the curse of the nice guy, even women find them dull.  moron1 :'(
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2012, 10:01:18 PM »
Keep after 'em Mel.  Even though nothing is going to happen it's still entertaining for his responses.
Chris

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2012, 10:04:56 PM »
;D

the curse of the nice guy, even women find them dull.  moron1 :'(

Im telling you...You and I Crete. Unstoppable.  ;D

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2012, 10:06:25 PM »
Ok you bring the bouzouki, I'll bring a didgeridoo.   :D
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2012, 10:15:14 PM »

I'd rather be poor than cheat someone intentionally
David

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2012, 10:21:27 PM »
join the club fella.  :D
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2012, 10:24:39 PM »
join the club fella.  :D

Greeeeeat, another forum to join... ;)
David

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2012, 10:40:14 PM »
Guy is too hung up on deviant sex to be taken seriously.
Not funny at all.
 mesmrized

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2012, 11:17:18 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if Ebay cracked down on me for contacting the customers he's defrauding.  Ebay primarily compares about $$$$.  So long as Loce gives a refund to any customer who complains, Ebay is going to protect Loce and its commissions from his sales.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:19:13 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2012, 11:32:18 PM »
must depend on who is doing the dobbing also, since I have been in trouble for stupid things, like from Christopher Lees son, for selling a torture garden daybill.
An Error Has Occurred!

Freefall

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2012, 11:55:51 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if Ebay cracked down on me for contacting the customers he's defrauding.  Ebay primarily compares about $$$$.  So long as Loce gives a refund to any customer who complains, Ebay is going to protect Loce and its commissions from his sales.

But at some point Ebay has to look at the facts. If a seller is consistently refunding buyers for the same infraction (reprints sold as originals) shouldn't that point to something fishy? TLoce can only make the same mistake over and over and over until he is held accountable, right? Right?    :o

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2012, 12:10:53 AM »
But at some point Ebay has to look at the facts. If a seller is consistently refunding buyers for the same infraction (reprints sold as originals) shouldn't that point to something fishy? TLoce can only make the same mistake over and over and over until he is held accountable, right? Right?    :o

But I don't think many of Loce's customers are demanding refunds.  They see his high eBay rating and it simply doesn't occur to them that they've been conned and, for the cheaper items, probably many customers aren't that concerned about originality.  That's why I'm more concerned about the higher-end ripoffs, like $150 fake Blade Runner inserts, rather than the run-of-the-mill cheap fakes.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:14:18 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2012, 12:13:59 AM »
That's the key - most of the buyers don't know they are buying fakes.  Which really is their own fault in most cases.

And of course, whenever someone does suspect a fake and raises a stink by leaving negative feedback he threatens and refunds
Chris

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2012, 11:21:39 AM »
must depend on who is doing the dobbing also, since I have been in trouble for stupid things, like from Christopher Lees son, for selling a torture garden daybill.

Ari, this needs explaining....
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2012, 02:34:49 PM »
Aussie painter of landscapes
David