Author Topic: Tom Loce (tloceposters) fake thread  (Read 63890 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Tom Loce (tloceposters) fake thread
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2017, 12:59:00 PM »
Calvin.. will these being going back to "the sender?"

-Jeff

Offline shadytrade

• Beginner
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2017, 01:04:23 PM »
Calvin.. will these being going back to "the sender?"

Yes - already started the return process. Note that the Jaws one was from an auction (eBay) and the second was done directly through Paypal. He seems to offer a no-quibble return and has already sent me his address. You can see why he uses some age-old camera for his auctions, I already see he has listed several more and they have active bids.   crying
Duck you sucker!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2017, 01:09:43 PM »
Yes - already started the return process. Note that the Jaws one was from an auction (eBay) and the second was done directly through Paypal. He seems to offer a no-quibble return and has already sent me his address. You can see why he uses some age-old camera for his auctions, I already see he has listed several more and they have active bids.   crying

Good for you!! Here's hoping this part all goes smoothly, too, for you.

clap clap clap
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 01:11:32 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2017, 06:53:49 PM »
Depends on how hard you want to work at fooling people.  Simply scanning the original causes the lettering to become fuzzy, especially the small printer logo and the NSS text.  By separating the elements, the crook can get a better copy.

I am beginning to think that the 'errors' are intentional and allow the crook to quickly spot legitimate ones.  I also was surprised that somebody worked so hard to lower the condition of the Jaws poster.  The fold marks and the missing surface paper.  If someone went to that trouble, I would also expect condition issues on the edges, such as folds, small tears, pinholes, etc.  The folds themselves don't make sense as it doesn't appear that the poster could be folded along those lines.  Not enough space between the folds to hold the bottom portion.

Consider me learned.  Ta.

Offline shadytrade

• Beginner
« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2017, 07:19:13 PM »
Yes, I can verify his shoddy packaging. I've been going through my rolled poster tubes the last few days, and was shocked to find another package I had ordered from him in 2011---long before I was even aware of APF and when i had just moved to the shack-o-rama. The rectangular "tube" was bent and crushed. It came that way...with a note from the post office saying so. Whether the poster inside was a fake or not (it was the NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 3D remake), I have NO idea. Nor do i care as the rolled poster has a nasty crease running through the whole thing, making it worthless to me.

Interestingly he is still operating at the same address from 2011, which appears to be a self-storage unit. There must be tons of fakes at that address.

Is it not a felony to sell counterfeit goods? http://codes.findlaw.com/ny/penal-law/pen-sect-165-72.html

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/481+Grand+Ave,+Brooklyn,+NY+11238,+USA/@40.6806556,-73.9613028,3a,75y,67.97h,90.17t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sl3dzqD-uV9gSb6QgTY-R6Q!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3Dl3dzqD-uV9gSb6QgTY-R6Q%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dsearch.TACTILE.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D392%26h%3D106%26yaw%3D97.294876%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x89c25ba28ccb15d3:0xdba189cd61d0f802!2s481+Grand+Ave,+Brooklyn,+NY+11238,+USA!3b1!8m2!3d40.6806321!4d-73.9609554!3m4!1s0x89c25ba28ccb15d3:0xdba189cd61d0f802!8m2!3d40.6806321!4d-73.9609554!6m1!1e1
Duck you sucker!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 07:57:57 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2017, 07:51:00 PM »
The first step would be to contact the NY State Attorney Generals office. Selling fakes across state lines is a no no.  Odds are he isnt paying taxes on all these sales if I had to guess

Offline hepcatpunk

• Hobbyist
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2017, 11:11:04 AM »
He's in Rochester, NY, not NYC:

https://www.trulia.com/homes/New_York/Rochester/sold/21070768-481-Grand-Ave-Rochester-NY-14609

That's exactly the type of home I imagined that shitbag operated out of----explains the carpet too.  :P
-Brian

Offline lalatin

• Hobbyist
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2017, 11:11:15 AM »
LOL    thumbsup.gif
Rudy

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2017, 05:16:58 PM »
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 05:18:07 PM by Neo »

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2017, 05:34:22 PM »
Here is the problem folks. I would estimate 80% of the people buying movie posters on ebay have no idea there is any difference between a large format inkjet printed poster and a theatrical poster and of those 80% 95% of them dont care, it is just what the market is today. Cheapest they can buy that looks like what they saw at the theater is all that matters. Ebay doesn't care, I report the f'ers that do the print on demand and list in the original category all the time and they never get removed, i dont know why they even separate the category.

yep

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline mcfree

• Hobbyist
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2017, 09:53:18 PM »
Sorry to hear this happened to you Calvin! That stinks! At least you caught it early and you'll hopefully recoup your $.

...and, to add my two cents- Remember, it's automated machines that fold these posters. So the fold should be pretty much look seamless. Those folds are way to rough/edgy to be done by a machine. Also, the folding is done inwards, not outwards (like the one you received).

Best of luck with all that.
Favorites?
-Original Trilogy Star Wars    -Audrey Hepburn    -Frank Capra movies    -Foreign movies
--------& Anything obscure, unique, & foreign made (especially Star Wars)
-
This is becoming a way of life...

Offline archstanton

• Hobbyist
« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2017, 03:03:49 PM »
I see Loce has been moving a bunch of counterfeit Halloween 35th Anniversary posters now, too.  They're all single sided (originals all double sided) and he seems to again have an endless supply.  So sad. 

I'm guessing that even if Tom does feel any guilt, it is overshadowed by the likely fact he has no other worthwhile way of making a living and so is stuck in this position of having to move a certain amount of fake merchandise to pay the bills. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 03:04:55 PM by archstanton »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2017, 03:07:39 PM »
I see Loce has been moving a bunch of counterfeit Halloween 35th Anniversary posters now, too.  They're all single sided (originals all double sided) and he seems to again have an endless supply.  So sad. 

I'm guessing that even if Tom does feel any guilt, it is overshadowed by the likely fact he has no other worthwhile way of making a living and so is stuck in this position of having to move a certain amount of fake merchandise to pay the bills.

Which likely includes all the paper stock, ink, and/or printing charges. That stuff can all add up quick, Im thinking.  :P

-Jeff

Offline shadytrade

• Beginner
« Reply #189 on: March 31, 2017, 06:00:50 AM »

He finally gave me a refund after the items were delivered and he was prompted. One item was sold through eBay, another one directly through Paypal.

Cheers,

- Calvin
Duck you sucker!

Offline mcfree

• Hobbyist
« Reply #190 on: March 31, 2017, 10:09:12 PM »
That's a relief I'm sure...

Happy for you   thumbsup.gif
Favorites?
-Original Trilogy Star Wars    -Audrey Hepburn    -Frank Capra movies    -Foreign movies
--------& Anything obscure, unique, & foreign made (especially Star Wars)
-
This is becoming a way of life...

Offline dpcarlson

• Beginner
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2017, 04:28:56 PM »
FYI -  devil 2 Loce tried to sell me a fake THIS IS SPINAL TAP (UK quad) on Ebay.  Because of the poster's rarity, I held out hope that it might be an authentic piece, but sadly it's a piece of shit reproduction going back for a refund. We can now add this unique title to the rest of the fraudulent pieces that he and his cohorts are trying to sell.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2017, 05:16:34 AM »
He does make life hard for himself doesn't he....

Thankfully, I see neither hide nor hair of him as all of my saved ebay searches remove his ID from any and all results.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2017, 03:30:10 PM »
Well If I ever choose another site to host images I will post all poctures of his negative feedback that has been removed. Mel can't we contact the NY State Attorney General's office?

guest4955

« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2017, 06:14:24 PM »
Well If I ever choose another site to host images I will post all poctures of his negative feedback that has been removed. Mel can't we contact the NY State Attorney General's office?

They wouldn't do anything based on his 99.5%/37k+eBay rating.

I've reached a lifetime limit on fighting with him. In Round 1, I set up the Fake Sellers section of MPC.com (the first and only only website calling him out by name), created 35+ authentications, contacted his eBay buyers, etc.

He responded incredibly viciously, filed a bar complaint against me, constantly threatened to sue me with the help of his cousin atty., set up websites defaming me, sent me oodles of sick&nasty emails, posted on forums under fake names, etc.

I still have the 35+ authentications on MPC.guide. That's the most I can do now.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #195 on: June 21, 2017, 08:07:55 PM »
Tom is a man with a plan...and a large format printer with a supply of glossy paper.

He can fake anything he can get a high res scan of.
-Jay-

guest4955

« Reply #196 on: June 28, 2017, 05:10:35 AM »
So I "won" one of TL's auctions, via 3rd party. More on that poster later.

Received this:

On the one hand 90-95% of his stuff is legit and does offer easy refunds. On the other, he's scammed THOUSANDS of eBayers with bootlegs and disguised reprints., 99% of them unaware permanently. (I assume a few learn about his fakes when they try to resell/consign them.)

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2017, 01:56:44 PM »

On the one hand 90-95% of his stuff is legit and does offer easy refunds. On the other, he's scammed THOUSANDS of eBayers with bootlegs and disguised reprints., 99% of them unaware permanently. (I assume a few learn about his fakes when they try to resell/consign them.)

'Tis an interesting paradox, indeed.

Offline Wishmaniac

• Beginner
« Reply #198 on: July 07, 2017, 03:52:56 PM »
Hey everyone... I'm a newbie who joined because a friend and I bought spotless "Style B" Nude on the Moon one-sheets from Tom Loce recently and both thought they were fishy. I see from this forum he's a notorious piece of sh*t and that our concerns were merited. I'll take his offer for hassle-free returns but wanted to add this transaction to the list of his dubious activities. By the by, for future reference I own the original pressbook for Nude on the Moon and this style was NOT offered as a one-sheet... only a 40 x 60. Caveat emptor.

I'm attaching a photo of Loce's repro. He's actually got a third one up now, btw. And, unlike his usual, crazy high-priced Buy It Now listings he's offering these theoretically super-rare posters as 7-day auctions opening at $9.95.

While I'm at it, btw, the dozen or so "Style A" one-sheets for this same film that have sold for such high prices on emovieposter over the years ... some of which would seem to be hanging out in shops on eBay at this very moment... are all extremely fishy too. Let's just say this: what are the odds that every copy of this poster that emovieposter has sold in the past ten year would be in "fine to very good" condition" with zero signs of use? And all rolled, not folded? Pretty peculiar for an obscure, early Sixties nudist film poster, huh? And check out the first three copies of this poster they claim to have sold... the only ones with any signs of use. Notice that the pictures on all three auctions are of the same poster with the same defects? Also pretty strange. I think maybe I'll stop beating myself up for never having won one of these posters and let it go: somehow, the spell has been broken.

Glad to be part of your very knowledgeable community. Hope these comments help.

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #199 on: July 07, 2017, 05:03:02 PM »
Leave a NEGATIVE review and state that the poster is a FAKE. Otherwise he will keep getting away with this. Too many people buy from him and leave him positive reviews because they do NOT know any better. Sorry this happened to you.

Cheers!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!