Author Topic: All Poster Stuff  (Read 275596 times)

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
Re: All Poster Stuff
« Reply #750 on: January 06, 2021, 04:02:22 PM »
Great trailer for a GREAT movie!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #751 on: August 18, 2021, 05:09:55 PM »
From an email from Heritage in case anyone is interested:

When you see a vintage movie poster, do you wonder where you'll display it? Can you tell the difference between a US one-sheet and a British quad? If you're passionate and knowledgeable about the wonderful world of film posters, set your sights on a high-profile career in our dynamic and exciting environment as Co-Consignment Director in this fast-paced, fast-growing category. This role would be responsible for researching and helping build the lineup of vintage posters for upcoming auction catalogs and weekly auctions.

We seek candidates with deep knowledge of movie posters (and posters in general), including international posters. Apply online today at HA.com, or send us your resume to Jobs @ ha.com

I added spaces to the email address to try and stop it being harvested by bots. It sounds like a fun job for a passionate movie poster aficionado, I'd love to go to work and do something like that!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #752 on: August 18, 2021, 05:36:55 PM »
Do you have to move to Texas?  Not that I’m at all interested, but that would kill it on the spot for me.

Otherwise, yeah, it sounds like a great opportunity.

Thanks for sharing, Tob.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #753 on: August 18, 2021, 07:43:07 PM »
From an email from Heritage in case anyone is interested:

When you see a vintage movie poster, do you wonder where you'll display it? Can you tell the difference between a US one-sheet and a British quad? If you're passionate and knowledgeable about the wonderful world of film posters, set your sights on a high-profile career in our dynamic and exciting environment as Co-Consignment Director in this fast-paced, fast-growing category. This role would be responsible for researching and helping build the lineup of vintage posters for upcoming auction catalogs and weekly auctions.

We seek candidates with deep knowledge of movie posters (and posters in general), including international posters. Apply online today at HA.com, or send us your resume to Jobs @ ha.com

I added spaces to the email address to try and stop it being harvested by bots. It sounds like a fun job for a passionate movie poster aficionado, I'd love to go to work and do something like that!

It sounds like a perfect fit for me! :)
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline greysm

• Hobbyist
    • Director of US Poster Auctions
« Reply #754 on: August 18, 2021, 09:18:49 PM »
I'm certainly not planning to leave Heritage anytime soon! I'm looking to expand the division and would like to find energetic poster fanatics. I think it would be a good fit for an honest, reliable, and knowledgeable collector!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #755 on: August 18, 2021, 09:21:50 PM »
I think it would be a good fit for an honest, reliable, and knowledgeable collector!

Then I guess I am out. Besides, the daily commute would be a killer. :)
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #756 on: August 18, 2021, 10:22:35 PM »
I always thought of you as reliable and knowledgeable, Bruce. 

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #757 on: August 18, 2021, 11:02:51 PM »
It sounds like a perfect fit for me! :)

Yes, but then you would go from selling the most posters for the least money to less posters for the most money - I can't imagine that making you happy.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #758 on: August 19, 2021, 12:29:50 AM »

T

;D ;D :D :D notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #759 on: August 19, 2021, 02:22:12 AM »

T

Seems like T left out one of the qualities.
Have to watch out for those Freudian Slips...
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #760 on: August 19, 2021, 02:42:11 AM »
All in good fun...

Or is it?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #761 on: August 19, 2021, 01:05:18 PM »
So the job is located in Texas, Grey?

No way to work in the Beverly Hills office (I'm in Los Angeles :))

Offline greysm

• Hobbyist
    • Director of US Poster Auctions
« Reply #762 on: August 21, 2021, 11:17:06 AM »
So the job is located in Texas, Grey?
It is in Dallas, Starling. Thank you for your consideration.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #763 on: May 13, 2022, 10:40:35 AM »
A piece on director Gaspar Noé's poster collection.

https://posteritati.com/unfolding/gaspar-noe-movie-poster-collection

I wonder if he's a member here? If so, Hello Gaspar!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #764 on: May 13, 2022, 02:08:20 PM »
Wow, now that's a collection!!!  I love it!!!  Also super jealous.

T
My Personal Collection

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #765 on: May 13, 2022, 10:23:00 PM »
Garth just uploaded a fantastic video on collecting yesterday, spotlighting several pieces from his collection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEkfi_r70M4&t=1s
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 01:03:15 AM by crowzilla »
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #766 on: May 14, 2022, 12:01:26 AM »
Thanks for sharing this great video. Love the stone lithos for their detail and colour. I see lots of linen backed posters, which I don't mind. There's an unbacked 3 sheet in the last seconds of the video dropped into the frame. There's so many frames on the walls, I'm reminded of a self declared Elite Poster Collector that was on this forum long ago.

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #767 on: May 14, 2022, 01:05:06 AM »
Thanks for sharing this great video. Love the stone lithos for their detail and colour. I see lots of linen backed posters, which I don't mind. There's an unbacked 3 sheet in the last seconds of the video dropped into the frame. There's so many frames on the walls, I'm reminded of a self declared Elite Poster Collector that was on this forum long ago.

Yes, except this is an actual elite collection.
Although I think most educated collectors prefer unbacked posters when available, sometimes the only known copies of a particular title are backed, so what are you gonna do?
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #768 on: May 14, 2022, 02:55:04 AM »
elite

Everyone's collection is elite to them.  That is sort of how collections work.  No one collects garbage to claim what a giant pile of turds they have.  If two collectors have similar interest, often their collections are elite to each other.  You could call a collector of 40s Italian pieces elite.  It may be elite to his insurance company and to fellow collectors of 40s paper or Italian paper, but not really elite to anyone else.  So, please define "elite" in your context above.  Is there a difference between "actual elite" and "perceived elite"?

Elite value or value per piece?
Elite rareness?
Elite cinemagraphic importance?

I think Mel was once asked what defined "elite" or "5 star", etc when he used to use those terms to describe collectors, collections, and specific pieces.  I do not recall whether there was ever an answer that anyone accepted............
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 03:03:48 AM by kovacs01 »
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #769 on: May 14, 2022, 03:37:52 AM »
I really enjoyed that video, thanks for sharing Crowzilla. Well presented, informative and full of amazing paper! The posters look so much better in-hand on that video than they do on a static photo on an auction site. I love the idea of tracking down old cinema managers and distributors and going door to door on a treasure hunt - I wonder how many unseen collections are out there that will one day surface?

I like his thoughts on collecting posters somehow feels like ‘owning a piece of the film’ - although I collect cheap modern posters that sometimes have never seen a cinema, I feel the same way.

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #770 on: May 14, 2022, 07:52:05 AM »
That was the best video introduction to our hobby I have ever seen - fantastic reference material and an eloquent host.

I was lucky enough to meet Gaspar Noé earlier in the week. I should have realised he was a movie poster collector from the thoughtful way he wrote his message and name on my Love poster, mirroring the "dripping" of the title.

Mark

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #771 on: May 14, 2022, 08:06:32 AM »
A piece on director Gaspar Noé's poster collection.

https://posteritati.com/unfolding/gaspar-noe-movie-poster-collection

I wonder if he's a member here? If so, Hello Gaspar!

So many great titles in his collection, thanks for sharing this piece Tob!

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #772 on: May 14, 2022, 01:18:43 PM »
I think Mel was once asked what defined "elite" or "5 star", etc when he used to use those terms to describe collectors, collections, and specific pieces.  I do not recall whether there was ever an answer that anyone accepted............

Pretty sure I was one of the ones who used to poke at Mel and his elite and 5-star terms, which is why I tongue-in-cheek said this is an actual elite collection.
As someone who has a lot of non-elite posters, I would suggest the definition is whatever you want it to be. Like Justice Stewart would say - I know it when I see it.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #773 on: May 14, 2022, 03:14:47 PM »
I never understood the notion of elite collector.  Elite athlete, I get, because it defines excellence.  But what is excellent about collecting?  What is excellent about buying and adding to a collection?  What is excellent about the ability to spend more money than someone else?  People collect and love what they collect and that’s the extent of it in my view.

T
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 03:17:29 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #774 on: May 15, 2022, 09:07:24 PM »
What is excellent, mon ami, c'est moi :)

I never understood the notion of elite collector.  Elite athlete, I get, because it defines excellence.  But what is excellent about collecting?  What is excellent about buying and adding to a collection?  What is excellent about the ability to spend more money than someone else?  People collect and love what they collect and that’s the extent of it in my view.

T
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.