Author Topic: All Poster Stuff  (Read 284520 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: All Poster Stuff
« Reply #575 on: June 26, 2015, 01:06:00 PM »
Haven't seen that one yet.
Now I'll be following.

Thanks for posting, Jeff.

Check out their archive here: http://theposterboys.tumblr.com/archive

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #576 on: August 09, 2015, 02:37:58 PM »
This maybe in the wrong place, but I'm sure Jeff will sort it...

This months Rospa magazine included a supplement on Road Safety, and in it was a section on...."Vintage Posters"....  Only from the British Safety Council, and Rospa.

So I'm now getting to clean out the cupboard of the older ones.... eyeroll

All Double Crowns, unfortunately they only go back to the 80's..... :-\
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 02:38:44 PM by paul waines »
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #577 on: August 09, 2015, 02:52:28 PM »
The image of the girl shattering in Slips and Trips is stunning.
Nice posters, Paul!
 cheers

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #578 on: August 09, 2015, 08:39:00 PM »
Cool posters.  I find they do get more graphic over time, i guess like cigarette packages - practically need to stick it in people's faces nowadays for the senses to compute.  I have several old soviet ones found in a factory in nowhere Russia. Some nice Russian dude sold the lot to me a while back, i'll have to dig them up and show them here sometime.

Mirosae

« Reply #579 on: August 30, 2015, 08:15:58 PM »
The image of the girl shattering in Slips and Trips is stunning.
Nice posters, Paul!
 cheers

+ 1  (gosh, it hurts!)

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #580 on: September 06, 2015, 09:11:10 AM »
Big thumbs up Paul!  Love em because this is my line of work.  I live dangerously and hope my face doesnt shatter.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #581 on: September 10, 2015, 05:48:19 AM »

A film reviewer for The Guardian gave 'Legend' a 2* review...the marketing bods use it in cheeky way on the poster (between the ears of the Krays)

http://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2015/sep/09/legend-review-movie-marketing-false-advertising

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #582 on: September 10, 2015, 06:08:31 AM »

A film reviewer for The Guardian gave 'Legend' a 2* review...the marketing bods use it in cheeky way on the poster (between the ears of the Krays)

http://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2015/sep/09/legend-review-movie-marketing-false-advertising

The poster design is sadly not deserving of a 2* however, but interesting shenanigan's, thanks for sharing  thumbsup.gif

Offline Roughoutline

• Beginner
« Reply #583 on: September 13, 2015, 09:41:06 PM »
The Godfather has some nice posters, but the posters for The Godfather Part II are fairly rubbish. Real shame that. Any other great films that have shockingly underwhelming posters?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #584 on: September 17, 2015, 02:31:12 PM »
Years ago, I signed up with MoviePosterdb.

A few days ago, I received this email from them. Seems the pair of owners are splitting up and going into different directions:

"Hi,

We have some news about MoviePosterDB! Since 2007, the website is run by us together. In the past couple of years, however, our views on how to proceed have unfortunately drifted apart. After long consideration we've therefore decided to split ways and both continue with our own movie poster website.

jayef will relaunch MoviePosterDB in the coming months, whereas Martijn will start CineMaterial.com. Both websites will host all images that were previously uploaded to MoviePosterDB.com, and if you have any credits left they'll remain valid on both websites.

Two of the advantages of CineMaterial are that poster collections can be filtered on type, language and resolution, and that images can be previewed in full resolution before downloading and spending credits. Furthermore, CineMaterial rewards contributors when their uploads are downloaded by someone else: for each 10 downloads, an additional credit is received.

jayef & Martijn"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 02:32:02 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #585 on: October 21, 2015, 06:40:44 AM »
So I go to Paris for one week, and this is what I come back home to...

When you get stuff every day, it's easy to forget how much you get, but that puts things in perspective ;)

T

If you get that everyweek and bear in mind that you posted this three years ago, then I assume you must be homeless now! Your home only has room for posters by the looks of it!  thumbsup.gif

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #586 on: October 28, 2015, 10:38:24 PM »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #587 on: October 28, 2015, 10:58:17 PM »
If you get that everyweek and bear in mind that you posted this three years ago, then I assume you must be homeless now! Your home only has room for posters by the looks of it!  thumbsup.gif

Just saw this.  I don't remember this picture, but the amount of posters seems right, about 25-30 a week I'd say, sometimes more, sometimes less.  I came back from France a few days ago and I had a similar pile waiting for me.  But I can tell you that the pile was gone within the hour.  At the risk of repeating myself, I only have 3 posters inside my house.  The rest is packed away.

T
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:59:19 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #588 on: October 28, 2015, 11:31:19 PM »

Thanks for posting this.
I checked out Really Dim's other videos.
Liked 'em all.
 cheers

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #589 on: November 03, 2015, 04:42:22 AM »
Similar to this one, which I love:

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #590 on: November 08, 2015, 11:44:58 PM »
I wasnt sure where to post this.. so opted for here.. the ALL poster stuff board.

This is a production still of Christopher Lee, from Dracula AD 1972. This image was used as the basis of many country's ad and poster campaigns, that I wanted to share it here. 'Tis truly a truly great photo, imho.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline lynaron

• Collector
« Reply #591 on: November 18, 2015, 04:18:17 PM »
Thanks for posting Sir Lee.  I like that image.   notworthy.gif
I'll raise a glass to the illusion but drink to the reality.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #592 on: December 06, 2015, 10:31:47 PM »
 I wonder where this KONG standee is now? Trashed more than likely.. but I bet this was amazing to see in person, at that height!!  thumbsup.gif

Aimee Semple McPherson is in this shot with Kong.

-Jeff

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #593 on: December 07, 2015, 07:53:07 AM »
Years ago, I signed up with MoviePosterdb.

A few days ago, I received this email from them. Seems the pair of owners are splitting up and going into different directions:

"Hi,

We have some news about MoviePosterDB! Since 2007, the website is run by us together. In the past couple of years, however, our views on how to proceed have unfortunately drifted apart. After long consideration we've therefore decided to split ways and both continue with our own movie poster website.

jayef will relaunch MoviePosterDB in the coming months, whereas Martijn will start CineMaterial.com. Both websites will host all images that were previously uploaded to MoviePosterDB.com, and if you have any credits left they'll remain valid on both websites.

Two of the advantages of CineMaterial are that poster collections can be filtered on type, language and resolution, and that images can be previewed in full resolution before downloading and spending credits. Furthermore, CineMaterial rewards contributors when their uploads are downloaded by someone else: for each 10 downloads, an additional credit is received.

jayef & Martijn"

Scumbags.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #594 on: January 17, 2016, 09:20:17 PM »
Original concept art by Enzo Nistri, for his 4 foglio poster he did for How To Marry A Millionaire (1953). Apparently, the Rome offices of 20th Century Fox commissioned Nistri to come up with this special design. This piece measures approx 9 x 13 inches.

And from what I have read, the actual 4F poster is also very rare and hard to come by.

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #595 on: January 18, 2016, 02:26:01 PM »
Beautiful work there of Ms. Monroe.  The Italian 4F must be stunning.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #596 on: January 18, 2016, 03:16:12 PM »
Beautiful work there of Ms. Monroe.  The Italian 4F must be stunning.

And if you have an extra $5 grand to spare, that original Nistri MM artwork Can Be Yours!  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #597 on: January 20, 2016, 12:09:26 AM »
I wasn't sure where to put this, so here seemed OK.

Earlier, I posted the EMP winning bid for a set of LC from the 1951 version of A Christmas Carol. I love this film, and watch it yearly. When looking at the set of LC, something caught my eye. I'm posting a few side by side comparison shots, of the scene where Scrooge and the Ghost of Xmas Present visit the home of Bob Cratchett and his family.

The color image in each comparison is a grab from the actual LC.

In a nutshell... it is interesting that it was decided to use a shot that used either a stand-in or the actor who played the Ghost/Xmas Present, without his beard and moustache as one of the images on the released LC set.

As the bottom side by side shows, there is quite a difference in how he appeared in the film, vs the LC image. And the last b/w image is an actual screen grab from the film itself, not a production still.

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #598 on: January 20, 2016, 02:40:09 AM »
Interesting. And as a side note. How good is Sim?
Was pleased recently reading about the apparent tarnishing of his name after his death seems to be a lot of rubbish.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #599 on: January 20, 2016, 02:50:32 AM »
Sim was such a great actor, and he defined this character (like so many others he played). To me, he IS the one and only Ebenezer Scrooge.

-Jeff