Author Topic: All Poster Stuff  (Read 284515 times)

Mirosae

Re: All Poster Stuff
« Reply #325 on: May 02, 2013, 11:12:01 AM »
aPOS IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SEEN THIS. I THOUGHT THAT IT MIGHT BE WORTH POSTING THIS HERE - JUST IN CASE!

Mondo unveils three collectible 'Iron Man 3' posters

Alamo Drafthouse's boutique arm will have the trio of limited-edition prints starring Robert Downey Jr. for sale on Friday.

The limited-edition variant of Martin Ansin's "Iron Man 3" poster is one of three prints being sold by Mondo on Friday

Mondo is releasing a trio of 'Iron Man 3' posters
Prints are by Phantom City Creative and Martin Ansin
Collectible posters will be on sale Friday
The superhero film Iron Man 3 is coming to cinemas Friday, and if you're lucky enough to snag one, collectible Iron Man 3 posters may be coming soon to your wall.

Mondo, the boutique arm of Alamo Drafthouse Cinema that sells prints and other memorabilia inspired by pop culture, will have three limited-edition posters on sale for fans online Friday on its website in honor of the movie starring Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark and his armor-suited alter ego.

The "Iron Man 3" Mondo poster designed by Phantom City Creative.(Photo: Mondo)
Toronto's Phantom City Creative designed a glow-in-the-dark, 24-inch-by-36-inch screenprint that features a bevy of the armor suits worn by the Marvel Comics character in the movies and the comic books. Only 250 are available in the edition, at $45 each.

"To me, Tony Stark's real superpower is his intelligence and ingenuity," says Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative. "With the Iron Man 3 armory poster, I wanted to showcase that by featuring a schematic chart of all the Iron Man suits with Stark himself front and center."

The standard edition of Martin Ansin's Mondo "Iron Man 3" poster.(Photo: Mondo)
The other two 24-by-36 posters — one standard, one a color variant — are by artist Martin Ansin and feature not only Downey but also Don Cheadle as Iron Patriot, Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts, Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin and scenes from the movie. The standard edition is limited to 450 and costs $50, while the variant numbers 200 and is $75.

"It's Iron Man comics that led me into drawing when I was a little kid," Ansin says. "All it took for me to get hooked was an oversized shellhead collection by Tuska in black and white, magic markers and a week sick in bed. Doing this poster has been amazing luck — and a tough job, with that 5-year-old fan keeping tabs on it."

Each print will be available online on Friday — be sure to follow the Mondo Twitter feed for the exact on-sale time.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/04/30/mondo-iron-man-3-movie-posters/2122813/

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #326 on: May 02, 2013, 11:32:07 AM »
aPOS IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SEEN THIS. I THOUGHT THAT IT MIGHT BE WORTH POSTING THIS HERE - JUST IN CASE!

Alamo Drafthouse's boutique arm will have the trio of limited-edition prints starring Robert Downey Jr. for sale on Friday.

Yeah, the Internetz is doing to melt down tomorrow.  The Mondo fanboys will be all over the Ansins, which admittedly are pretty cool. They hang out on ExpressoBeans in this thread:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=53704&start=129255

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #327 on: May 02, 2013, 12:26:35 PM »

And calling them "collectible" right out of the gate.   ;)

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #328 on: May 02, 2013, 10:15:58 PM »
They are intrinsically manufactured 'collectables'
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #329 on: May 02, 2013, 10:42:10 PM »
 ;)

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #330 on: May 12, 2013, 07:24:44 AM »
Found this article in the TELEGRAPH. What do you think? I have seen them worse.... it is bad but is it the ''ugliest''?

The Bling Ring: is this the ugliest movie poster ever?

Ow, my eyes! Could this be the ugliest lettering ever seen on a movie poster?

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #331 on: May 12, 2013, 07:37:07 AM »

I believe this to be the case

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #332 on: May 12, 2013, 08:16:59 AM »
The font is probably intentionally "tacky" and obnoxious just like the real-life underlying events and players:

Antics during the Hilton robberies included snorting cocaine, which Prugo claims they found inside the residence. According to Ames, at one point Prugo discovered that he could fit into Hilton's footwear, and did a "victory dance" wearing a pair of her high heel shoes....

Their report stated that Lee (the ringleader) believed she'd removed all incriminating evidence from her home. However, police found a coat identified as belonging to Lohan, and topless pictures of Hilton which had been left in an unlocked safe in Hilton's home. Seeing this, Lee was reported to have instantly turned hysterical, acting as though she were suddenly sick, and gagging as though she were going to vomit. Other items reported to have been seized from Lee were a jar of marijuana and more than $20,000 in $100 bills.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 08:17:35 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Mirosae

« Reply #333 on: May 12, 2013, 08:24:04 AM »
Gosh... THEY seem to know how to  "HAVE FUN" AT THE Hilton's residence... uhmm

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #334 on: May 12, 2013, 01:13:38 PM »
Found this article in the TELEGRAPH. What do you think? I have seen them worse.... it is bad but is it the ''ugliest''?

Fore sure.. It's gotta be one of the worst, ive seen recently, too. But it fits right in, in many ways.   :P

And the movie itself, looks to be a real winner, too, i bet.   eyeroll

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:55:23 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #335 on: May 12, 2013, 01:45:17 PM »

Ugly poster, great trailer.  Watson is stellar in the trailer, at least!

Mirosae

« Reply #336 on: May 12, 2013, 02:06:06 PM »
Yes...I do want to watch the film  :)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #337 on: May 16, 2013, 07:47:38 AM »
Didn't she also make the worst film in history, BOXING HELENA.?
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

guest4185

« Reply #338 on: May 16, 2013, 07:48:15 PM »

The limited-edition variant of Martin Ansin's "Iron Man 3" poster is one of three prints being sold by Mondo on Friday

Mondo is releasing a trio of 'Iron Man 3' posters
Prints are by Phantom City Creative and Martin Ansin
Collectible posters will be on sale Friday
The superhero film Iron Man 3 is coming to cinemas Friday, and if you're lucky enough to snag one, collectible Iron Man 3 posters may be coming soon to your wall.

Mondo, the boutique arm of Alamo Drafthouse Cinema that sells prints and other memorabilia inspired by pop culture, will have three limited-edition posters on sale for fans online Friday on its website in honor of the movie starring Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark and his armor-suited alter ego.

The "Iron Man 3" Mondo poster designed by Phantom City Creative.(Photo: Mondo)
Toronto's Phantom City Creative designed a glow-in-the-dark, 24-inch-by-36-inch screenprint that features a bevy of the armor suits worn by the Marvel Comics character in the movies and the comic books. Only 250 are available in the edition, at $45 each.

"To me, Tony Stark's real superpower is his intelligence and ingenuity," says Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative. "With the Iron Man 3 armory poster, I wanted to showcase that by featuring a schematic chart of all the Iron Man suits with Stark himself front and center."

The standard edition of Martin Ansin's Mondo "Iron Man 3" poster.(Photo: Mondo)
The other two 24-by-36 posters — one standard, one a color variant — are by artist Martin Ansin and feature not only Downey but also Don Cheadle as Iron Patriot, Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts, Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin and scenes from the movie. The standard edition is limited to 450 and costs $50, while the variant numbers 200 and is $75.

"It's Iron Man comics that led me into drawing when I was a little kid," Ansin says. "All it took for me to get hooked was an oversized shellhead collection by Tuska in black and white, magic markers and a week sick in bed. Doing this poster has been amazing luck — and a tough job, with that 5-year-old fan keeping tabs on it."

Each print will be available online on Friday — be sure to follow the Mondo Twitter feed for the exact on-sale time.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/04/30/mondo-iron-man-3-movie-posters/2122813/

no interest at all in these types of `collectables'

Offline movieposters

• Hobbyist
« Reply #339 on: July 10, 2013, 05:16:11 PM »
a link to a list of posters with titles originally given - interesting to say the least...

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/movies-that-changed-titles/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_73034
Stephen Ryan

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #340 on: July 10, 2013, 05:40:37 PM »
a link to a list of posters with titles originally given - interesting to say the least...

Headcheese... ;D
David

Offline movieposters

• Hobbyist
« Reply #341 on: August 30, 2013, 08:32:48 PM »
Stephen Ryan

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #342 on: September 17, 2013, 09:41:48 PM »
Just visited my old local framers so happens to be a poster collector and sells them also,
Anyway it's been a while and his wals haven't changed a lot but some people won't have seen.

An Error Has Occurred!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #343 on: September 17, 2013, 10:32:04 PM »
Wow.. great pix and place, Ari.  thumbup

Like a kid in a candy store...

What a fantastic looking space/selection!!

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #344 on: September 17, 2013, 10:33:03 PM »
Coolness Ari - thanks for sharing.

BUT I can't make out any of the prices!!   :P
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #345 on: September 17, 2013, 11:27:51 PM »
Prices are high but they include the frame,
An Error Has Occurred!

guest4531

« Reply #346 on: September 18, 2013, 03:20:29 AM »
@Ari - What's the shop's name if you don't mind to share ??

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #347 on: September 18, 2013, 03:40:40 AM »
No problem, the owner is a mate of mine

http://www.korustudio.com.au/

An Error Has Occurred!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #348 on: September 18, 2013, 05:12:30 AM »
Cool stuff - that Banksy Rude Copper is great.

guest4531

« Reply #349 on: September 18, 2013, 05:42:10 AM »
Thanks !!! Indeed, some nice fine arts, spotted few Banksy and Mister Brainwash.
Funny to see these amongst posters, they look tiny though