Author Topic: All Poster Stuff  (Read 275633 times)

Online BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
Re: All Poster Stuff
« Reply #775 on: May 16, 2022, 02:45:14 AM »
Take the second definition of elite - " a group or class of people seen as having the most power and influence in a society, especially on account of their wealth or privilege."

To me, "elite" collectors are collectors who mingle with the elitist people of blue chip galleries and auction houses - the ones having the most influence in the market - and they do solely for interest.

A guy who buy from blue chip galleries/auction houses becase he can afford it and does it without mingling with the all world of blue chip galleries and not caring much about the trickeries, hocus pocus, return on investment, etc. is not an elite collector.
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #776 on: May 16, 2022, 02:07:42 PM »
Take the second definition of elite - " a group or class of people seen as having the most power and influence in a society, especially on account of their wealth or privilege."

I hear what you're saying, but I just don't see anything "elite" related to someone who collects stuff.  There is zero power, zero influence, just privilege, and privilege alone doesn't make you an elite, at least in my view.

T
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 07:53:19 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #777 on: May 16, 2022, 02:08:41 PM »
What is excellent, mon ami, c'est moi :)

That's a fact no one can deny.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #778 on: May 17, 2022, 11:18:51 AM »
Did you notice how similar our avatars are?  That's true love :)

That's a fact no one can deny.

T
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #779 on: May 17, 2022, 11:42:16 AM »
Except I wouldn't dare putting my ugly mug there, but you are a beautiful man with those mesmerizing eyes and I for one can't stop looking at it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #780 on: May 18, 2022, 10:48:35 AM »
I think you're cute too ;)

Except I wouldn't dare putting my ugly mug there, but you are a beautiful man with those mesmerizing eyes and I for one can't stop looking at it.

T
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #781 on: May 29, 2022, 11:21:37 PM »
Oh my... It's all about priorities.  I had so many things I wanted to buy at HA tonight, and then I got so much into the Celtics/Heat game that I COMPLETELY FORGOT until now.

Go Warriors!!!  And so glad the Heat lost.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #782 on: June 24, 2022, 07:58:35 PM »

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #784 on: June 25, 2022, 12:40:20 AM »
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #786 on: July 28, 2022, 02:17:29 PM »
So so stupid!

Like so many of us, I own all of these posters and I don't think any of them would fetch more than $50.  And that's a lot.

Ridiculous.

T

My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #787 on: July 31, 2022, 01:26:33 PM »
I'd love to know where they got their prices from. I am ready to sell for those numbers.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #788 on: July 31, 2022, 11:04:05 PM »
Maybe from HA hahaha...  Those prices are out of control.

I can't win anything there, too many deep pockets.  I was hoping to put my bid on a few items tonite, but forget about it, I just can't win.

T
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 11:07:58 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #791 on: May 10, 2023, 11:09:35 AM »
I like these videos that the Prop Store guys are doing for their auctions...it's nice to see some of these posters in close up and in 'real life' (if that makes sense? not a static jpeg!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr5VmT_MWJq/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsDozJsNnnr/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/Crp5T7ct9zo/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrOvpujsYdS/?hl=en

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #792 on: May 10, 2023, 01:16:09 PM »
Hadn't seen those videos, thanks for sharing.  Some of these items are so nice I bet they would even make an emovie major auction.

Interesting to see that Cimarron in the text says that there are only four copies known, but he states that before the Berwick discovery there was only one known.
So did Berwick have three copies, or have two more surfaced in recent years?
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #793 on: May 10, 2023, 06:29:38 PM »
OMG, if I could afford it, I would be all over M!!!!

Thanks Tob for sharing.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline AnthonyFR

• Beginner
« Reply #794 on: May 11, 2023, 03:48:14 AM »
The double indemnity Italian poster is really nice, maybe Barbara Stanwick is less recognizable than on the US poster?

I'm eyeing some posters on this auction although I doubt I can go as high as the estimatations, especially since you have to add 30% commission (I think?) which is significant compared to others auctions! (to this, add the 20% French VAT and the cost of transport)

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #795 on: May 11, 2023, 08:09:58 AM »
I'm eyeing some posters on this auction although I doubt I can go as high as the estimatations, especially since you have to add 30% commission (I think?) which is significant compared to others auctions! (to this, add the 20% French VAT and the cost of transport)

I see 25%, maybe it is higher for out of the country?
I do see they are adding sales tax for our state though. It seems like Emovie is the only auction house not adding sales tax now, I guess either they are paying it for us, or they aren't meeting the low threshold for reporting?
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #796 on: May 11, 2023, 08:15:54 AM »
OMG, if I could afford it, I would be all over M!!!!

Just has a single bid on it, and still at half the low estimate, T.
Definitely within your budget.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #797 on: May 11, 2023, 10:29:38 AM »
Just has a single bid on it, and still at half the low estimate, T.
Definitely within your budget.

Not quite unfortunately.  We are finishing extensive renovations on our house and my wife has asked me to buckle up for a while.  Little things here and there, that's okay, but a $40k poster would be hard to hide.

Also, Bruce charges sales tax.  I get a 10% California tax added on everything I buy,

T
My Personal Collection

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #798 on: May 11, 2023, 11:40:26 AM »
Also, Bruce charges sales tax.  I get a 10% California tax added on everything I buy,

T

Gotcha.
Glad my backwaters state doesn't meet the minimum then. No tax on my most recent purchase.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #799 on: May 11, 2023, 12:40:45 PM »
Lucky you.  We are extremely taxed here, but it’s California and I wouldn’t live anywhere else.

T
My Personal Collection