Author Topic: All Poster Stuff  (Read 275622 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: All Poster Stuff
« Reply #700 on: November 21, 2019, 08:52:18 PM »
A little random, but I need to find a Deliverance quad asap for a friend of mine's b-day.  It's next week.  I don't want to give him mine, which is in perfect condition because then I'd have to find another one in perfect condition.  Please PM me if you have one for sale.  Tx

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #701 on: November 22, 2019, 05:34:34 AM »
A couple of options sent...

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #702 on: May 22, 2020, 10:50:49 AM »
I really like these videos that Stan from Posteritati created. I think they're informative and nicely edited...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_XZ4rCj_9S/

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #703 on: May 22, 2020, 10:55:30 AM »
If you liked that, here is another:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_r2ZxhjxEe/

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #704 on: May 22, 2020, 10:56:06 AM »

Online Starling

• Collector
« Reply #705 on: May 22, 2020, 10:58:20 PM »
Wow, I really enjoyed all three! Thanks for posting.

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #706 on: May 26, 2020, 08:17:09 AM »
Wow, I really enjoyed all three! Thanks for posting.

thumbsup.gif no prob! I really liked them too. I'll try and share if they do more.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #707 on: May 26, 2020, 07:47:25 PM »
thumbsup.gif no prob! I really liked them too. I'll try and share if they do more.

I agree, Tob.  What's really nice to me is Stan is very successfully teaching on posters, the art of posters, and on  interesting related cool information.  He's not screaming "Look at me! Look at me!" I learned several nice tidbits. How very refreshing!  Thanks for sharing.  Okie

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #708 on: May 27, 2020, 03:16:30 PM »
Great instructive videos, thanks for posting!

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #709 on: June 01, 2020, 11:52:15 AM »
Glad you fellas enjoyed them. Here is a new one they shared yesterday:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA2qkyHletk/

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #710 on: June 20, 2020, 09:17:04 PM »
As some of you may know, I am a completist, which means that when I collect a subject, I must own it all.  One of those subjects is Brigitte Bardot. 

While it doesn't mean anything to most collectors, it does a lot to me. 

I've wanted the poster below for a long time, but I wanted it in mint folded condition (no tears, pinholes and shit like that) and let a couple go by for not being up to par.  I finally found it and bought it from a seller in Bordeaux, France, a seller who had 0 Ebay feedbacks.  I usually don't pay attention to feedbacks, but 0 caught my eye.  It wasn't expensive, like $350, so I was willing to take the risk.  Two months went by and I forgot about it.  I buy from all around the world and sometimes things take a long time.  Patience is key in this hobby.  Then this morning I was checking my Ebay and realized that I had not yet received it.  I contacted the seller saying Yo, WTF???  He apologized and seemed sincere.  Whatever. 

Then this afternoon, it showed up :)

Now my big question is, where was it for 2 months???  Anyway, it goes to show that I have to be more patient.

T
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 10:31:31 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #711 on: June 20, 2020, 10:40:57 PM »
What are the dimensions of your new Bardot poster, T?  Nice full image!  Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #712 on: June 20, 2020, 10:47:44 PM »
It's on my website.  25x60in, I think.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #713 on: June 23, 2020, 08:04:12 AM »
And how many Feedbacks does he have now??

Two months and he didn't ship it??

A Neg is duly deserved I think.

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #714 on: June 23, 2020, 10:08:31 AM »
Two months and he didn't ship it??
A Neg is duly deserved I think.

Obviously the guy shipped it, it was just coincidence that it showed up the day T inquired about it.

But global shipping is a very strange process right now.  I was fortunate that a couple of weeks ago I received a few packages that had been send EMS from Japan the first week of April, as I know several people that still have packages sitting in Japan from that time period and Japan Post is giving no guidance on how long it might be before they even leave the country.
A Priority Mail package I sent to our closest neighbors Canada took one month and one day to arrive when I shipped it the last week of April, and another package I sent to Germany around the same time took a similar amount of time.
Really seems to be luck right now as far as speed of international shipping is concerned.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #715 on: June 23, 2020, 10:46:06 AM »
Yes, he shipped it.  It wasn't his fault.  He actually sent me a picture of the package about to be shipped out but said that because of Covid he couldn't get a tracking.  Never heard of that, but he lives in a small town near Bordeaux, so maybe.

It's always the same problem when you buy from someone you've never done business with before.  Did he actually ship it, is the poster inside the package or is it empty, does he even own the poster?  In this case, all was legit.  It just took 2 months. 

I have to say than in my years of collecting, I can't remember anything getting lost in the mail.  I remember a few things being sent back to the sender months after they were supposed to get to me, and I do remember a dozen empty packages.  In this case, items fell out of the box or were not even sent because the seller did not own them in the first place.  But never anything lost.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #716 on: June 23, 2020, 11:12:04 AM »
I have to say than in my years of collecting, I can't remember anything getting lost in the mail.  I remember a few things being sent back to the sender months after they were supposed to get to me, and I do remember a dozen empty packages.  In this case, items fell out of the box or were not even sent because the seller did not own them in the first place.  But never anything lost.

Agreed. I've had items stolen but not lost.
I think my longest delivery delay was just over a year - was picking up/dropping something off at the post office and the lady at the counter saw my name and said she thought they had a package for me in the back. I wasn't expecting anything,  but she went back and brought me a package that had been shipped over 12 months earlier. Went home and opened it, and it was a set of lobbies from the 56 Invasion of the Body Snatchers, I had totally forgotten about the purchase and never even filed a claim on it or anything (dumb I know).
My strangest delivery story was sending an early Universal horror lobby to Canada and to keep it safe I shipped it between two pieces of masonite taped together. After getting it the guy called me incredulous because the masonite boards had become separated, but because I had taped the card (in an envelope obviously) to the board with the label it had still been delivered to him - and in perfect condition.

The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #717 on: June 23, 2020, 01:46:17 PM »
.....I have to say than in my years of collecting, I can't remember anything getting lost in the mail.

I've never had anything lost in 25 years of collecting either. The only items "lost" were never shipped in the first place in my judgement. And the only items which were received damaged would not have been had sturdy tubes been used and/or they had been properly packed.

Mark

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #718 on: June 24, 2020, 05:03:59 AM »
Yes, he shipped it.  It wasn't his fault.  He actually sent me a picture of the package about to be shipped out but said that because of Covid he couldn't get a tracking.  Never heard of that, but he lives in a small town near Bordeaux, so maybe.

Ah, begging pardon.

Got it.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #719 on: June 24, 2020, 09:21:02 PM »
I finally had my first shipment lost in transit. Sent to the UK in February via USPS and tracking still shows as being in a transfer center in Miami. They were giving me the run around for weeks so I finally had to refund my buyer. USPS just contacted me a few days ago saying they would contact me “soon” about refunding the insured amount.  eyeroll

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #720 on: June 25, 2020, 01:09:22 PM »
I wouldn't give up hope, I've had a lot of suff arrive late over here, due to this virus thing. Stuff from WITHIN the UK was taking 3 and 4 weeks...
It's more than a Hobby...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #721 on: June 25, 2020, 02:42:01 PM »
If they don’t deliver the mail for months, what happens to it?  Do they just have huge hangars like in Raiders and just stack up things there?  I mean, people are still sending shit.  And what is it that Amazon can do that our regular postal services can’t do?

Matt, I hope the insured amount is close to the real amount.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline kubu

• Beginner
« Reply #722 on: June 26, 2020, 11:41:29 AM »
I never ever had a lost roll but recently one shipping got lost between Geneva and South Korea while 3 others did that way very speedy. And I'm waiting for two rolls that "left the border point" in Miami a month ago and still didn't arrive in Zurich untill now....
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:44:11 AM by kubu »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #723 on: June 26, 2020, 12:18:32 PM »
If they don’t deliver the mail for months, what happens to it?  Do they just have huge hangars like in Raiders and just stack up things there?  I mean, people are still sending shit.  And what is it that Amazon can do that our regular postal services can’t do?

Matt, I hope the insured amount is close to the real amount.

T

Would love to know the answer to this, but they just say shortage of staff, so there's a backlog...
It's more than a Hobby...

Online Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #724 on: June 26, 2020, 05:09:35 PM »
I'm not surprised at all. Take 40% of your country's millions of purchases of goods, from in-person pick-up, to on-your-doorstep delivery, add thousands of tons of medical equipment pieces needing move through, add the pressures of one country not being as "open" as another thus creating logjams...add organized crime or terrorists trying to sneak things through...and health and safety measures for postal workers, airlines, border crossings.. logistical hell.