Author Topic: Tapatalk Support?  (Read 6280 times)

Offline enki

• Collector
Tapatalk Support?
« on: June 03, 2012, 04:30:23 PM »
I was wondering if the admins would be so kind as to enable Tapatalk support for APF?

In case you aren't aware of what it is, it's an android/ios/blackberry/chrome forum app, that allows you to quickly and conveniently view/post/subscribe/IM/etc. on forums. It even supports notifications to let you know if you received an IM or someone responded to your post.

The app itself costs a little (right now on sale for $0.99), but it's definitely worth it. I use it all the time for other forums, and it makes casual browsing much easier on mobile devices. It's free for websites to integrate themselves into and list their site on their 'search' list (a special customized app costs money, but isn't really worth it unless you are an extremely high volume site). It only requires downloading a module, installing it into the website, creating a free account with Tapatalk, and giving them the URL, name, description, etc. of the website. And it fully supports this version of SMF.

More info: http://tapatalk.com

I imagine others would find it useful as well.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: Tapatalk Support?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 07:44:33 PM »
I like the idea, but unfortunately this "simplemachines forum" is not so simple.  I tried applying the mod, but it's giving me a package error (and trust me, I'm not used to getting package errors! ;) )

Anyway, I've asked the forum hosting company to set it up.  I'll let you know.

H
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:17:51 PM »
I like the idea, but unfortunately this "simplemachines forum" is not so simple.  I tried applying the mod, but it's giving me a package error (and trust me, I'm not used to getting package errors! ;) )

Anyway, I've asked the forum hosting company to set it up.  I'll let you know.

H

Awesome, thanks. I think this will make accessing the forum a lot easier for many people (myself included). Plus, it's extra visibility for people to find the site by browsing Tapatalk's forum list.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 12:07:10 AM »
good work, now will this do anything on my 5 year old phone? maybe my two tin cans and piece of string will be improved? shucks.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 11:05:30 PM »
good work, now will this do anything on my 5 year old phone? maybe my two tin cans and piece of string will be improved? shucks.

It might make it explode.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 10:41:04 AM »
Tapatalk is installed.  I had to have the techs do it, but it was worth it.  If you don't know, this app will allow you to browse this forum and any other tapatalk forum with major ease.  It's superb. 

The app for iphone can be downloaded from the app store. Just search tapatalk.  It's a $2.99 app, but it's well worth it.  When you get the app, search for All Poster Forum and you'll see it listed.

I don't know if there's an app for other platforms. Good luck with that.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 10:43:08 AM »
Btw, awesome suggestion, enki.  Thanks so much!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 12:33:02 PM »
Tapatalk is installed.  I had to have the techs do it, but it was worth it.  If you don't know, this app will allow you to browse this forum and any other tapatalk forum with major ease.  It's superb. 

The app for iphone can be downloaded from the app store. Just search tapatalk.  It's a $2.99 app, but it's well worth it.  When you get the app, search for All Poster Forum and you'll see it listed.

I don't know if there's an app for other platforms. Good luck with that.

Thanks Holiday!

I got APF installed and working on my Android phone.

It's onsale right now for only $0.99 on the Google Play Market for Android devices.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity

The two platforms are not the same, so if you buy it for Apple, it won't work on Android and vice versa. But if you buy it for either of them, it will work on all your compatible devices.

Offline enki

• Collector
Re: Re: Tapatalk Support?
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 12:38:08 PM »
Just sent this post from my phone using tapatalk. :)

Charlie

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 11:07:24 PM »
I feel like I just wasted 99 cents... where is there unread comments or recent posts?

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 11:10:12 PM »
need to borrow 99c?
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 11:20:09 PM »
I feel like I just wasted 99 cents... where is there unread comments or recent posts?

Both are there. You can subscribe to certain threads, or see any recent threads with new activity - basically the same default landing page on the website. It should be the top/left button.

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 11:21:04 PM »
does it allow you to tease Rich?
if so, 99c well spent  :P
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 12:38:06 AM »
does it allow you to tease Rich?
if so, 99c well spent  :P

Well, it allows you to do so from anywhere in the world where you have your phone.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 12:49:13 AM »
just need a fancy phone  :'(
An Error Has Occurred!