Author Topic: Wilding posters  (Read 44290 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Wilding posters
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2016, 03:47:45 AM »
More wilding goodies...

La La Land, best movie of the year, a 3 posters wilding.

Passengers, which we just finished watching, with my wife sound asleep under the covers as I type this.  I had read the script many years ago, and sadly, this is not the movie I had hoped to see.  Still got the 5 posters wilding.

T
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 03:49:47 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2016, 11:46:13 AM »
Great wildings.

LLL is exceptional.  I saw it last night at the theater.  Good call on seeing it on the big screen, T.

Probably safe to say it will be winning some Academy Awards this year, right?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2016, 01:53:36 PM »
It should win it all.  I still think it will.  I'm voting for it. 

Only BIG concern at this point is that it wasn't nominated for ensemble cast at the SAG awards.  I guess it's not much of an ensemble to begin with, but the last movie to win the Oscar for best pic without being nominated for a SAG ensemble was Braveheart in 95.  Gosling and Stone both got noms at SAG.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2016, 02:32:10 PM »
Interesting.

Looking forward to the Awards ceremonies and all.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2016, 03:07:51 PM »
Good call on seeing it on the big screen, T.

Yeah, turned out to be an expensive evening, with dinner, babysitter and movie, all of it to see something we had at home, but well worth it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2017, 07:14:34 PM »
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2017, 08:38:44 PM »
Probably some of the earliest as well, no?  Most of the stuff posted here is modern.  Just curious, but does anyone know of posters created specifically for wilding that pre-date 2001: A Space Odyssey? 

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2017, 09:17:40 PM »
When I was writing my post I was thinking of the Franky and Invisible Man teasers -- but presumably those were dual use in the theaters as well.  And if that is the criteria, then pretty much every French and Italian poster ever created could be considered a wilding poster as those were wheat pasted up all over towns since the dawn of cinema.  8)

That is why I wrote designed "specifically for wilding" as that is my understanding about the origins of these 2001 posters -- and many of the more modern, unique designs in this thread.  I guess some of the teasers you showed could very well have been designed as wilding posters, but presumably they came from theater collections or NSS warehouses which would imply dual use at some point.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 09:20:46 PM by Harry Caul »

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2017, 07:41:32 PM »
Here is a Minions wilding bus for Coachella. 

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2017, 03:11:10 PM »
More modern crapiola.  Yes, I'm quite aware that most people think they're shit because modern, but I like them.

Just received this set of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.  All 48x70in.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2017, 03:46:03 PM »
Congrats, I really love that set. I was tempted to pull the trigger but postage, weak pound and import taxes made me hold off.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2017, 04:06:37 PM »
Congrats, I really love that set. I was tempted to pull the trigger but postage, weak pound and import taxes made me hold off.

You should ask your provider to send it as a gift.  And don't spend too much on it.  My set cost me $60 (I got 2 and a Beauty of the Beast set I still have to photograph).

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2017, 04:15:13 PM »
$60!!!! The set I was looking at on eBay was much more than that. It's a stylish set. Looking forward to seeing the film.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2017, 04:17:29 PM »
$60!!!! The set I was looking at on eBay was much more than that. It's a stylish set. Looking forward to seeing the film.

Well, actually, $20, since I got 3 sets for $60.  B&B has more posters I think.  Maybe 12.

Haven't seen the Ebay set.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2017, 10:19:07 PM »
More modern crapiola.  Yes, I'm quite aware that most people think they're shit because modern, but I like them.

Just received this set of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.  All 48x70in.

T

Definitely a great set, nice color. But holy cow. How much room will that set take up in storage? Linen-backed posters are already difficult enough to store... can't imagine bus shelters. Are they on vinyl or paper?

Online paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2017, 02:50:56 AM »
Makes me want to open the two sets of banners I picked up. They are still in the original boxes, wonder what they looked like.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2017, 04:15:28 AM »
Definitely a great set, nice color. But holy cow. How much room will that set take up in storage? Linen-backed posters are already difficult enough to store... can't imagine bus shelters. Are they on vinyl or paper?

That is the exact thought I have everytime time I see another extensive set of bus shelter posters Thierry has acquired. They are also very heavy rolled together.

Mark

Online paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2017, 09:27:40 AM »
And as people aren't saving them, they are going to be even more scarce.

The Guardians 2 set I have says limited to 350.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2017, 12:17:17 PM »
I really like the vivid colors used on that set, too. A real eye grabber.  8)

-Jeff

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2017, 02:02:47 PM »

I love modern posters that are done well. A good looking poster works in my book, old or new.

Those are gorgeous, T. Congrats on'em.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2017, 02:29:02 PM »

It doesn't really.  I probably have something like 300 bus/wilding posters, maybe more, and they fit in 4 or 5 tubes, rolled very tightly. 

What I stopped collecting altogether are banners.  I don't care how cool they are, fabric takes top much room.  I used to collect them early on, I still have a few like Gladiator or Almost Famous sets, but no more.  I have the same problem with linen.  Takes way too much room.

But bus stops and windings, no easy.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2017, 02:37:18 PM »
And as people aren't saving them, they are going to be even more scarce.

There is a guy selling some on Ebay (he sold La La Land and now Guardians), but they're pretty hard to find.  They are meant to be glued to walls, so once they're gone, that's it.  There is no ungluing them ;). I suspect that some of my sets, like Mad Max, are pretty unique.  They were not sold on EBay and you had to know a guy to get them. 

Also, even the people who put them up can't get them all.  They work specific neighborhood, and not all neighborhood have the same posters.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2017, 08:07:33 PM »
Just ordered this set from my guy.  Will get it later this week.

And not a wilding, but received this bus shelter from the same source.  Really liked the movie.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2017, 06:31:24 AM »
Excellent, nice ones T.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2017, 04:18:47 PM »
This one was not easy to get, especially because I needed 2 for another poster collector.  Just took some pictures and reassembled it.  11 posters.  Each poster is 48x70in.  So the whole thing is 6x44 feet.  Wonder where I can put it  ;D

Next, Thor: Ragnarok (10 posters).

T
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 04:25:06 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection