Author Topic: Wilding posters  (Read 44898 times)

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
Re: Wilding posters
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2017, 05:33:36 PM »
Nice. When do we get to see the Beauty & the Beast set?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2017, 05:56:17 PM »

It's here, 11 posters, but I'm missing Watson  >:( so I never bothered photographing it.  What's the point!!!!

T
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 06:02:32 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2017, 09:11:30 PM »
This one was not easy to get, especially because I needed 2 for another poster collector.  Just took some pictures and reassembled it.  11 posters.  Each poster is 48x70in.  So the whole thing is 6x44 feet. 

Wonder where I can put it   ;D

Next, Thor: Ragnarok (10 posters).

T

Rolled and carefully stored in a tube.... like everything else (of a rolled nature, that is)?   ;D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:15:16 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2017, 10:53:27 PM »
Already put away ;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2017, 11:00:49 PM »

-Jeff

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2017, 03:42:55 AM »
It's here, 11 posters, but I'm missing Watson  >:( so I never bothered photographing it.  What's the point!!!!

T

Damn that's a shame. I used to only buy full sets only of these kinds of things, but have lived to regret it.

I now think it's better to have the 11 out of 12 than 0.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2017, 07:34:37 PM »

Here you go... minus Belle :(

T
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:38:32 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2017, 07:37:05 PM »
And 2 new sets, Ragnarok and Justice League.

T
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:40:01 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2017, 05:11:53 PM »
Love the B&B posters and Thor set. Not sure about the Justice League set, DC just don't seem to be putting in as much effort as Marvel at the moment.

Maybe Belle will turn up one day to complete the set? Really enjoy seeing these wilding posters.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2017, 06:26:05 PM »
Maybe Belle will turn up one day to complete the set? Really enjoy seeing these wilding posters.

Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee that Belle will never show up.  These are nearly impossible to get when they're up, and once they're gone, they're gone forever.

So that's that.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2017, 04:57:27 AM »
I'm sure you're right. I have a few partial sets and live in hope of stumbling across the final poster. Deep down I know it's never going to happen  :'(

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2017, 05:09:46 AM »
I also love seeing the Wilding sets, thanks for sharing T.

The Ragnarok set is very cool.

It's interesting that they're still leaving Superman out of all the Justice League advertising...I get why, but after the long trailers giving away pretty much the entire plot, it's surely not a surprise to anyone that he'll show up and save the day?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 05:11:46 AM by Tob »

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Wildings
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2018, 03:08:36 PM »
One of the Dark Knight billboards in LA.

T

PS: Oh, and I just realized looking at this picture I took a couple weeks ago, in the background is the Jim Henson studio, originally built by Charlie Chaplin.

Was going through this thread and couldn't help but bump T's post of this fantastic Dark Knight see through billboard.  Okie

guest4955

« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2018, 01:27:33 AM »
And 2 new sets, Ragnarok and Justice League.

T

Actually, these are great ... but didn't you trash JL?  ;D

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2018, 02:47:11 PM »
Actually, these are great ... but didn't you trash JL?  ;D

Justice League was unwatchable.  Just terrible.  Ben Affleck should retire.  He has no business in entertainment.  Same with Snyder.  Good riddance.  I got the wildings before I saw the movie because I knew I would eventually see the movie, but I never expected it to be this dreadful.  No wonder DC cannot compete with Feig and Marvel with a bunch of hacks like that.  Thank God for Gal and Jenkins.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2018, 12:32:52 AM »
Finally got my set of Ready Player One wildings (all 48x70in).

If you like the 80s, John Alvin, Drew Struzan and Spielberg, you'll probably enjoy these.  Sorry for the bad pictures, I only had 20 minutes before picking up my kids from school.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2018, 01:14:41 AM »
Finally got my set of Ready Player One wildings (all 48x70in).

If you like the 80s, John Alvin, Drew Struzan and Spielberg, you'll probably enjoy these.  Sorry for the bad pictures, I only had 20 minutes before picking up my kids from school.

T

Great to see these, T!  We don't get to see any Wilding posters in their natural habitat where I live.  Very cool seeing your pics.  Okie

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2018, 06:40:17 AM »
Nice to see you got the full set. Great addition to your Spielberg collection.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2018, 11:02:55 PM »
There was no hesitation about getting these.  I pass on a lot of stuff, but these were an absolute must.  All the ingredients are there, some of my favs 80s flicks and illustrators and an interesting take to boot.  All WB titles except for two Universal (Back to the Future and Breakfast Club) and two TriStar pre Sony (Rambo First Blood Part 2 and Labyrinth).  I wonder why they chose those four titles and not more WB like Gremlins or Lethal Weapon.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline SMarzioli

• Beginner
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2018, 04:53:25 PM »
Just received this set of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.  All 48x70in.

Are these, by any chance, vinyl? I found a guy selling an incomplete set of these. The size is right, but they're vinyl. I'm interested, but I don't know what they are, and am worried they might be some commercial product--especially since China and Thailand seem to be importing a bunch of high-quality vinyl posters up to bus shelter sizes.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2018, 06:39:35 PM »
They are paper and were used around Los Angeles.  I don’t know anything about vinyl ones.  They might have been created for theater use, but maybe not.   A lot of those come from Asia and are counterfeit.  I personally do not collect vinyl posters because they take too much room to store.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2018, 03:25:13 AM »
This set was released as vinyl banners in the UK so they may well have been used elsewhere. I would stay well away from any vinyl banners offered from Thailand or China though.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2018, 06:08:50 PM »
Better late than never, finally got my Avengers sets.

Next up, Solo!!!

T
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:44:11 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2018, 10:52:35 AM »
Are these, by any chance, vinyl? I found a guy selling an incomplete set of these. The size is right, but they're vinyl. I'm interested, but I don't know what they are, and am worried they might be some commercial product--especially since China and Thailand seem to be importing a bunch of high-quality vinyl posters up to bus shelter sizes.

Ha ha! Hi Sam.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2018, 02:04:56 AM »
Solo wildings :)

T
My Personal Collection