Author Topic: New camera setup...  (Read 11584 times)

Bruce

Re: New camera setup...
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 04:12:41 PM »
Remember you need them long enough (and fat enough) to be able to grab them and pull them off the poster, too small and you'll be fiddling and may accidentally slide the magnet on the poster perhaps marking it

Here's a cool way we found to get around the above problem! We buy all metal black "pushpins" (the super heavy duty ones) then we cut off the pins and glue the tops to the magnets with "gorilla glue"!

You end up with a "pushpin magnet" that is easy to handle and able to hold great weights without damaging the items.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 04:45:19 PM »
Good tip...thanks!
David

Bruce

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 05:08:04 PM »
Good tip...thanks!

If I keep giving away our "trade secrets" soon you'll be auctioning even more posters each week than we do!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 05:37:31 PM »
If I keep giving away our "trade secrets" soon you'll be auctioning even more posters each week than we do!

laugh1
David

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 05:45:56 PM »
no wait, there's more...

David

Through the Stones

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 10:15:05 PM »
And now I'm laugh1 at your response...

I've been using Picasa to crop and output to .jpeg from RAW.  Once I get a better process, I will definitely be batch-ing in Photoshop!  Bruce, love the idea about the push pin handles.

Here's a sample of my current process - canon 30d, poster on the carpet in front of large windows for light, chairs on each side shooting straight down with a 24-105 f4 L series lens, cropped with a museum style matte border with no color correction except for a bit of sharpening... What do you think?  This is the first poster I ever bought through eMovie too!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 10:18:49 PM »
Very good, you're going to want to hold down the corners very soon...
David

Charlie

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2013, 10:21:12 PM »
This is the first poster I ever bought through eMovie too!

Why not just have Lee send you the unwatermarked picture from the auction you won?

Through the Stones

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2013, 10:26:45 PM »
Why not just have Lee send you the unwatermarked picture from the auction you won?

I wasn't aware that was possible but a great idea.  Truthfully, I'm anal and maybe sometimes too organized so I know I'll want all my photos too have the same look and border... :)  So until I get a new setup going in the garage, I just gotta have that tan carpet border... You'll see more what I mean when I create a post for my entire collection! 

Bruce

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2013, 06:22:37 AM »

We offer all buyers the supersized unwatermarked image. If you didn't buy it, you can't have it.

This is a giant help for those with websites of their collections, and for dealers who bought to re-sell, because they can quickly put the item up for sale (hopefully at not too huge of a mark-up).

Send an e-mail to "lee at emovieposter dot com" and tell him what you won and he will send it to you.

You can always photoshop in your carpet border!

ps.

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 06:54:00 AM »
We offer all buyers the supersized unwatermarked image. If you didn't buy it, you can't have it.

This is a giant help for those with websites of their collections, and for dealers who bought to re-sell, because they can quickly put the item up for sale (hopefully at not too huge of a mark-up).

Send an e-mail to "lee at emovieposter dot com" and tell him what you won and he will send it to you.

didn't realize that, i'll definitely make use in the future...thanks!
(i sadly can't photograph my own posters for my life!)

Through the Stones

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2013, 12:58:28 PM »
Quote from: Bruce link=topic=3894.msg117642#msg117642 date=1366366957}
[/quote

laugh1

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2013, 07:44:33 PM »
^ How in the world did you manage that switcharoo. You got yourself trapped in a box

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:45:22 PM by 50s »

Bruce

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2013, 07:54:18 PM »
^ How in the world did you manage that switcharoo. You got yourself trapped in a box

wow1

Through the Stones

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2013, 02:48:52 AM »

Woa!  I'm not sure...