Author Topic: eMoviePoster.com News  (Read 407060 times)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: eMoviePoster.com News
« Reply #925 on: November 25, 2016, 08:14:19 PM »
I also got a couple of nice pick ups I am super pleased with! 

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #926 on: November 25, 2016, 09:09:04 PM »
I did not participate in that sale, Bruce, but I think it's a great idea to expend your clientele.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #927 on: November 25, 2016, 10:26:54 PM »
Thanks guys!

Here is the amazing part. There are two hours to go, and even though it appears we sold over 600 posters (and maybe a lot more), I am pretty certain we have not sold out of even one item!

So that means that, with two hours left, a person could go on right now, and whatever items they pick, they will almost surely get them all.

But promptly at midnight, EVERY item disappears. Then, on Saturday and Sunday, I re-price everything (all the ones that sold go up, and the ones that didn't sell even one go down), and everyone gets another chance on Monday.

Bruce
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
Thierry - unbacked French and Italian posters closing right now!
« Reply #928 on: November 27, 2016, 04:06:10 PM »
Thierry - we have unbacked French and Italian posters closing right now at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/15.html (because you say you always forget about our Sunday auctions!)
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Thierry - unbacked French and Italian posters closing right now!
« Reply #929 on: November 27, 2016, 04:45:53 PM »
Hahahaha!!!  I did again.  Checking right now.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #930 on: November 27, 2016, 05:22:59 PM »
Good stuff, Bruce.  Missed out on a few things :(  By the time I checked, a lot was gone already.  Nice French Rope, and a bargain at the moment.  Not surprised to see one of the biggest French collectors attached to it.  Especially at that price.

T

PS: And I bought something, so it wasn't for nothing ;)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 05:40:06 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #931 on: November 27, 2016, 05:40:44 PM »
Good stuff, Bruce.  Missed out on a few things :(  By the time I checked, a lot was gone already.  Nice French Rope, and a bargain at the moment.  Not surprised to see one of the biggest French collectors attached to it.  Especially at that price.

T

PS: And I bought something, so it wasn't for nothing ;)

Spill the name T  ;D
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #932 on: November 27, 2016, 09:09:18 PM »
Spill the name T  ;D

Since his name here is his name there, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #933 on: November 27, 2016, 11:12:44 PM »
Exact.  And it will be on my website tomorrow.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #934 on: November 27, 2016, 11:14:23 PM »
Spill the name T  ;D

Nothing extravagant.  Pierrot le Fou for my little Godard collection.  The price was right, so was Bruce's timing.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #935 on: November 28, 2016, 06:19:11 AM »
In just a few hours (as of this writing, perhaps a much shorter time when you are seeing this), we will hold our first time ever "Cyber Monday" sale at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/2.html (a "sequel to our just-held Black Friday sale)!

Some of you participated in the Black Friday sale and some did not, but either way you can participate in this Cyber Monday sale. Here is some valuable further information about this special event:

1) It runs from 9 AM to Midnight only, today (Monday) November 28th. All orders must be placed through our checkout, because we will be super busy today, processing the hundreds of Black Friday orders we received! All the Fixed Priced items were taken off the site Friday right after the Black Friday sale concluded at midnight (so the prices could be adjusted), and they will be re-added this morning (Monday) promptly at 9 AM CST at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/2.html, at which point everyone can place their orders, but not before (so don't go to this link before 9 AM, because the items won't be there!), and you can place your order ANY time during the day on Monday (all the way until Midnight, CST)!

2) We don't have zillion dollar inventory control software, so we will fill all Cyber Monday orders when we return to work on Tuesday (in the order they were placed). If we "oversold" any items, we will notify those who did not get those items on Tuesday (but we DO have ten to twenty of most posters, so there is a good chance we will only oversell a very few titles, if any, and it appears we did not oversell even one title on Black Friday!). PLEASE BE UNDERSTANDING OF THIS SLIGHT POSSIBILITY IF YOU ARE INFORMED ON TUESDAY YOU DID NOT GET ALL YOU ORDERED!

3) There were 1,165 Fixed Priced items on the site at the start of the Black Friday sale. Of those, we sold at least one example of around 250 of the titles. On those titles we have done what we always do, and raised the prices (by 10%, for each time each item sold), and you can order those at the new price (and each time they sell again, the price will go up by another 10%, so you really have an incentive to order sooner than later).

4) BUT THERE WERE ALSO AROUND 900 TITLES WHERE WE DID NOT SELL ONE EXAMPLE ON BLACK FRIDAY, AND ON THOSE WE HAVE LOWERED THE PRICES EVEN FURTHER! In some cases, they are now FAR lower than where those same titles have sold for in the past! We REALLY do want to get them sold, and if it takes super low prices to do so, so be it!

5) Starting at Midnight Monday, all the Fixed Priced will go "off sale" until Tuesday. We will come in to work on Tuesday morning before we re-open, and we will fill all orders for the Fixed Priced items that were received on Friday (so we can figure out what we sold of each).

6) All items that sold on Cyber Monday will have their prices raised on Tuesday, by 10%, for each time each item sold. So if we sell three of an item on Monday, then the price on that item will raise 30% on Tuesday! So you certainly have a lot of incentive to buy on Cyber Monday, BECAUSE THE LISTED PRICES WILL STAY THE SAME ALL THE WAY UNTIL MIDNIGHT ON MONDAY, NO MATTER HOW MANY OF EACH WE SELL!

7) Of course, you CAN combine any purchases made from this Cyber Monday sale with any you made from the Black Friday Sale (or from our regular auctions) as long as they all fit in the same package (flat items with flat items, and rolled items with rolled items).

Best of luck to all of you who order from this, our first ever Cyber Monday Sale (with slashed prices on 900+ unsold titles from Black Friday)! We often hear from people who say that they would much prefer to not have to go through the "trouble" of bidding in auctions, and if you are one of those people (or just someone who likes great deals!), then this is what you have been waiting for!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #936 on: November 28, 2016, 10:27:01 PM »
Here's looking at you, kid! Part I of our December Major Auction (containing 993 folded one-sheets from the incredible Dominique Besson collection) is truly the stuff that dreams are made of! Now you can a preview gallery of ALL of the 993 folded one-sheets in Part I at http://www.emovieposter.com/online/previews/2016dec/parti/

Not only do we provide you with the exact condition grade that will be on the auction, but you can also click on any image and see the "super-sized" version, so that you can really know the exact condition of each item long in advance of the auction, so you can better prepare your bidding strategy.

This is a preview gallery only. The auctions go "live" shortly after 9 PM CST on Thursday, December 1st, and at that time, you can bid on the auctions, and EVERY one of these great posters truly starts at $1, and truly has NO reserve, and truly has NO buyers premiums!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #937 on: November 29, 2016, 11:57:33 PM »
The results are in from our Black Friday sale, and during those 15 hours, we sold 498 posters for $12,254. On Cyber Monday during those 15 hours we sold 286 posters for $5,014. Not bad for 30 hours of selling time!

We think everyone who bought those 784 posters are going to be delighted, and we are working hard to get everyone invoiced (and shipping the ones that are not going on a "Pay and Hold"!

Part I of our December Major Auction (containing 993 folded one-sheets from the incredible Dominique Besson collection) is truly the stuff that dreams are made of! Now you can a preview gallery of ALL of the 993 folded one-sheets in Part I at http://www.emovieposter.com/online/previews/2016dec/parti/

Not only do we provide you with the exact condition grade that will be on the auction, but you can also click on any image and see the "super-sized" version, so that you can really know the exact condition of each item long in advance of the auction, so you can better prepare your bidding strategy.

This is a preview gallery only. The auctions go "live" shortly after 9 PM CST on Thursday, December 1st, and at that time, you can bid on the auctions, and EVERY one of these great posters truly starts at $1, and truly has NO reserve, and truly has NO buyers premiums!

And not only DON'T we have those awful "buyers premiums", but we even give great free gifts to those who buy ten of these 993 folded one-sheets (and a SECOND free gift to those who buy 20 of them)! Go to http://www.emovieposter.com/online/previews/2016dec/magnets/20161201_magnets.html for full details!

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
Bruce, how did the Friday and Monday sales go? Was it worth it and will you continue with them at the same time of year or maybe introduce at other times as well.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
In another thread, he said,

"The results are in from our Black Friday sale, and during those 15 hours, we sold 498 posters for $12,254. On Cyber Monday during those 15 hours we sold 286 posters for $5,014. Not bad for 30 hours of selling time!"

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #940 on: December 02, 2016, 07:12:25 AM »
If you are any sort of movie poster collector, then one quick look at Part I of our December Major Auction (which is now "live" at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/14.html) will show you that it is truly "the stuff that dreams are made of", because it contains one of the most extraordinary one-sheet collections there is, the Dominique Besson collection!

Dominique started collecting movie posters in 1981, and became a dealer in French and European posters in 1994, and has remained as a top dealer ever since! But in addition, 30 years ago, Dominique began collecting U.S. one-sheets, first those with Saul Bass art, and then adding Alfred Hitchcock posters, then Humphrey Bogart, and he finally ended up collecting in an amazing total of 47 different categories, purchasing the posters from all over the world! Now the time has come to sell this wonderful collection, and Dominique has chosen eMoviePoster.com to do so, through our auctions!

As always, our major auction is the ONLY major auction where you can TRULY get great buys, because the items REALLY start at $1 with no reserve (many auctions pretend to do the same, but actually their consignors are often allowed to bid on their own items, and you can't really get a good deal, even when an item seems to sell for a low price, because it is simply returned to the consignor).

But in our auctions, there ARE great deals every single time, so it is well worth your effort to look through all of the items carefully. This is especially true with THIS collection, because it contains so MANY rarely seen and super desirable posters that you can't go through all of them in one sitting without getting sensory overload!

What sets THIS auction apart from all others and makes it so VERY special? Many things! It has NO reserves, NO buyers premiums, NO overstated condition descriptions, NO enhanced or fuzzy images that hide defects, and NO nosebleed shipping (even in this part of our Major Auction, we charge an astoundingly low TWELVE DOLLAR flat rate U.S. shipping!

It DOES have an unparalleled selection of great one-sheets from all years in 47 different categories, all honestly described down to the last detail, and with supersized unenhanced images that reveal even the tiniest defects, so you NEVER get an unhappy surprise in our auctions!

Something that is truly amazing is that not only are NONE of these one-sheets linenbacked, but also the only "restoration" virtually any have had is the odd piece of tape stuck on the back many years ago. Not every collector cares about this, but for those who do, this is a golden opportunity, because these days you almost never see a top one-sheet that has NOT been backed and restored (and often "over-restored").

And not only will we be taking a huge loss by only charging $12 U.S. shipping on all orders from this Part I (regardless of how many one-sheets you get or how much you spend), but we will also be giving a giant movie poster refrigerator magnet to all those who purchase any ten one-sheets, and a set of our first six full-color auction catalogs (containing over $5 million dollars of posters, and which originally retailed for $120) to those who purchase any twenty one-sheets!

Since this auction contains many affordable one-sheets in addition to the very expensive ones, you may well be able to get 20 one-sheets for around $100 or so (if you focus on the least expensive) and get both the above great bonuses!

Why not go to the above link RIGHT NOW, and start viewing this amazing collection? We guarantee you have never seen anything like it before!

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #941 on: December 02, 2016, 08:10:03 AM »
No previews for parts 2, 3 etc.??   prayer.gif

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #942 on: December 02, 2016, 09:04:45 AM »
Casablanca has started well.  Heading for the moon already.

Great line up.

Yeah, I was looking for previews as well...  May be we have been spoiled.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #943 on: December 02, 2016, 08:05:37 PM »
Previews are in!
hell Bruce you weren't kidding when you said this was one of your best ever.  Incredible stuff. 

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #944 on: December 02, 2016, 08:21:03 PM »

ALL of the linenbacked items in this Major Auction (every size and every country) are in Part II!

See a complete preview of all the items in Part II of our December Major Auction (which runs from December 4th to 11th), at http://www.emovieposter.com/online/previews/2016dec/partii/ including the lot numbers, so you can see the exact order in which they will be auctioned! Note that not only do we provide you with the exact condition grade that will be on the auction, but you can also click on any image and see the "super-sized" version, so that you can really know the exact condition of each item long in advance of the auction, so you can better prepare your bidding strategy.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 08:26:00 PM by BruceH »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #945 on: December 02, 2016, 10:42:04 PM »
Be still my beating heart...

bed1

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #946 on: December 03, 2016, 08:48:49 AM »
Pennies Per Poster! eMoviePoster.com has 160 ONE-SHEET bulk lots containing 5,104 in all (ONLY one-sheets this time, both rolled and folded!) that end this Sunday afternoon at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/15.html, beginning at 3 PM CST (NOT at 7 PM like our Tuesday and Thursday auctions).

The prices have to be seen to be believed! There are very few lots that are over $1 per one-sheet, and LOTS of them that are at pennies per poster! Why do we only have one-sheets this time in our bulk lot auctions? It is because preparing our December Major Auction took everything we had, and we just flat out ran out of time! So you may be able to get unbelievable deals on these 5,104 one-sheets, better than in our "regular" bulk lot auctions!

Remember that on OUR auctions there are NO buyers premiums, so $1 is REALLY $1, and NOT "$1, plus $19 buyers premium", and with these bulk lots, you pay only the actual cost of shipping them to you (plus $3 for packing materials) and we WILL combine your purchases into as few packages or tubes as possible!

At these prices they cost less than wrapping paper (so you could get a bunch of these and use them that way, but to us that would be a sin). You could start a collection, or you could slap them on eBay at $9.99 each and make a bundle, or you could sell them from your website (we can provide buyers with unwatermarked giant images of their purchases, so that is super easy to do with virtually NO work on your part). So why not go to the above link right now and start "stealing" some fun movie posters?

One thing is for certain! Whether you would be buying these to add to your collection at joke low prices, or whether you would be buying to re-sell online, or through a store or at collectible shows, you will likely never get a chance to get greater bargains! Unlike many sellers of bulk lots, we at eMoviePoster.com always picture every single item in every bulk lot, so you always know exactly what you will be receiving, and just how great a deal each bulk lot is at the price you pay!

If YOU want to take advantage of these unbelievably low-priced bulk lot ONE-SHEETS, then you need to visit the above link well before they begin closing on Sunday at 3 PM CST, because it takes a while to look at over 5,104+ one-sheet in 160 lots!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #947 on: December 04, 2016, 08:39:23 AM »
Pennies Per Poster! eMoviePoster.com has 160 ONE-SHEET bulk lots containing 5,104 in all (ONLY one-sheets this time, both rolled and folded!) that end this Sunday afternoon at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/15.html, beginning at 3 PM CST (NOT at 7 PM like our Tuesday and Thursday auctions).

The prices have to be seen to be believed! There are very few lots that are over $1 per one-sheet, and LOTS of them that are at pennies per poster! Why do we only have one-sheets this time in our bulk lot auctions? It is because preparing our December Major Auction took everything we had, and we just flat out ran out of time! So you may be able to get unbelievable deals on these 5,104 one-sheets, better than in our "regular" bulk lot auctions!

Remember that on OUR auctions there are NO buyers premiums, so $1 is REALLY $1, and NOT "$1, plus $19 buyers premium", and with these bulk lots, you pay only the actual cost of shipping them to you (plus $3 for packing materials) and we WILL combine your purchases into as few packages or tubes as possible!

At these prices they cost less than wrapping paper (so you could get a bunch of these and use them that way, but to us that would be a sin). You could start a collection, or you could slap them on eBay at $9.99 each and make a bundle, or you could sell them from your website (we can provide buyers with unwatermarked giant images of their purchases, so that is super easy to do with virtually NO work on your part). So why not go to the above link right now and start "stealing" some fun movie posters?

One thing is for certain! Whether you would be buying these to add to your collection at joke low prices, or whether you would be buying to re-sell online, or through a store or at collectible shows, you will likely never get a chance to get greater bargains! Unlike many sellers of bulk lots, we at eMoviePoster.com always picture every single item in every bulk lot, so you always know exactly what you will be receiving, and just how great a deal each bulk lot is at the price you pay!

If YOU want to take advantage of these unbelievably low-priced bulk lot ONE-SHEETS, then you need to visit the above link well before they begin closing on Sunday at 3 PM CST, because it takes a while to look at over 5,104+ one-sheet in 160 lots!

Just HOURS left until these close, and there are still 21 of these one-sheet lots at $1 and HALF of them at $1 to $6 each, so unless there are lots of further bids, many of these WILL be "stolen"!

Please check them out at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/15.html before they are going, going, GONE!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #948 on: December 04, 2016, 10:05:27 PM »
It's live! Part II of our December Major Auction is live at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/15.html!

It contains 490 linenbacked posters of all sizes, and the selection is amazing, with many great rarities. One quick look at the above link will confirm that this is true!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #949 on: December 05, 2016, 08:00:05 PM »

ALL of the standard size rolled items in this Major Auction that are not backed (every country) are in Part III!

ALL of the standard size rolled items in this Major Auction that are not backed (every country) are in Part III!

See a complete preview of all the 322 items in Part III of our December Major Auction (which runs from December 6th to 13th), at http://www.emovieposter.com/online/previews/2016dec/partiii/ including the lot numbers, so you can see the exact order in which they will be auctioned!

Note that not only do we provide you with the exact condition grade that will be on the auction, but you can also click on any image and see the "super-sized" version, so that you can really know the exact condition of each item long in advance of the auction, so you can better prepare your bidding strategy.

This part of the auction contains 113 unfolded one-sheets from the incredible Dominique Besson collection, including some of the most desirable and most rare posters of the past 35 years! Plus lots of choice non-U.S. posters from all genres and eras, plus some great non-movie posters. There is truly something for everyone!

and on and on!