Author Topic: eMoviePoster.com News  (Read 407011 times)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
Our December Major Auction is just around the corner, with Part I beginning 12/1
« Reply #900 on: November 16, 2016, 06:31:08 AM »
Our December Major Auction is just around the corner, with Part I beginning on December 1st!

We know that you have lots and lots of places where you can spend your money, and we do all we can to treat you the best we possibly can on every single transaction, so that you will want to choose us first over any other options!

And of course we have no buyers premiums, and we have the best customer service of any auction, and we always show you unenhanced super-size images of every item, but you likely already know all that.

We just want to make sure that you are aware of just how great this upcoming auction is, so that you can start saving your money NOW, because you are likely to find so many great items in this auction that you will have trouble deciding which ones to bid on!

And remember that this auction contains the truly incredible Dominique Besson one-sheet collection (see a preview gallery of every one of these one-sheets here: http://www.emovieposter.com/online/previews/2016dec/besson/).

Not only does this collection include many incredibly rare and desirable posters, but it also includes many affordable posters as well. Ours is one of the only major auctions without a "For Millionaires Only" sign on the door!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 06:32:23 AM by BruceH »
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
There WILL be a "Black Friday" for poster people exclusively on eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #901 on: November 16, 2016, 09:56:11 PM »

For years, as Thanksgiving approaches, movie poster people say to me, "Why isn't there a Black Friday for poster collectors?"

And I have always said, "Yes, wouldn't it be great if someone made this happen?" But after years of waiting and waiting, I decided to take matters into my own hands, and now, FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME EVER, there WILL be a "Black Friday" for poster people, exclusively on eMoviePoster.com!

How will it work? We already have a "Fixed Price" section on our site, which currently has 610 posters in it, all at a set price (we used to have over 1,000 of them, but well over 400 of them have completely sold out, and we started with five or more of each).

On Friday, November 25th, at 9 AM, we will not only SLASH the prices of those 610 remaining items (so you can buy any of them at substantial discounts to where they have sold in the past) but we will ALSO add a whopping 565 new items we have never had before, all of which are "priced to sell"!

This Black Friday sale begins Friday, November 25th  at 9 AM CST and ends at midnight. You can buy as many of the items as you want, and you can buy more than one example of each, but all buying must take place Friday, and we will stop selling them at midnight, and then take them offline until Monday morning (at which time all the items that sold one or more examples will have their prices raised, just as we have always done when our fixed price items sell).

So be sure to go to the Fixed Price section of our site (at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/2.html) on Friday, November 25th when this "Black Friday" sale begins (but remember that the discounted prices won;t be entered until 9:00 AM that day)!
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
Fantastic Bruce - look forward to Black Friday or should i say Black Saturday here in Australia
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
Good news and hopefully will catch the couple of bits I've got my eye on

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
I'll be all over that like ugly on an ape.
Happy Black Friday, Bruce!
 cheers

Offline Ba517401

• Beginner
...Like a Hobo on a ham sandwich

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
Thanks guys! Anyone who actually collects posters, and who doesn't already have everything (like Thierry!) should find at least some of these irresistible. And of course you can combine everything into one tube or package, and 99% of it qualifies for flat $12 in the U.S. (actual cost everywhere else).

It should be very interesting!

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Thank you for doing this...I just hope i can actually get something as I work 7 am to 730 pm (PST) that day and will get home with maybe an hour or less to spare before  it ends. EEEK! But thank you.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
Re: eMoviePoster.com News
« Reply #908 on: November 18, 2016, 07:40:22 PM »
When you buy from any auction (or consign to it), shouldn’t you make sure you are dealing with one that treats its customers 100% honestly, that has TRUE customer service, and which treats you exactly the way you always want to be treated?

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
Make sure every auction treats you the way you always want to be treated!
« Reply #909 on: November 18, 2016, 07:41:42 PM »
When you buy from any auction (or consign to it), shouldn’t you make sure you are dealing with one that treats its customers 100% honestly, that has TRUE customer service, and which treats you exactly the way you always want to be treated?

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #910 on: November 19, 2016, 09:30:41 AM »
Our December Major Auction (beginning December 1st) may be our best auction ever!

(Note that a few of these ads have the incorrect start date, but it DOES start on the 1st!)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 09:33:15 AM by BruceH »

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
Our December Major Auction (beginning December 1st) may be our best auction ever
« Reply #911 on: November 19, 2016, 09:31:19 AM »
Our December Major Auction (beginning December 1st) may be our best auction ever!

(Note that a few of these ads have the incorrect start date, but it DOES start on the 1st!)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 09:32:45 AM by BruceH »

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #912 on: November 20, 2016, 09:45:10 AM »

Some further information about our incredible Black Friday sale:

1) It runs from 9 AM to Midnight only. All orders should be placed through our checkout, because we will be mostly closed, so our employees can spend Thanksgiving Weekend with their families!

2) We don't have zillion dollar inventory control software, so we will fill all orders when we return on Monday (in the order they were placed) and if we "oversold" any items, we will notify those who did not get those items on Monday (but we DO have ten to twenty of most posters, so there is a good chance we will only oversell a very few, if any).

3) The 600+ items that were already on the site have had their prices slashed. We REALLY do want to get them sold, and if it takes super low prices to do so, so be it!

4) The 565 newly added items will be priced under where the same posters have sold for recently (in some cases, quite a bit under). We will fill all orders for these that are received on Friday, and then they will go "off sale" until Monday (so we can figure out what we sold of each) and then they will be re-offered beginning Monday, but as always with out Fixed Price items, the prices will have been raised from what they were offered for on Friday (the ONLY exception is any posters where we did not sell even ONE example on Friday; on those likely few items, we will lower the prices ever further on Monday!).

Best of luck to all of you who order from our first ever Black Friday sale!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
Some further information about our incredible Black Friday sale!
« Reply #913 on: November 20, 2016, 09:46:33 AM »

Some further information about our incredible Black Friday sale:

1) It runs from 9 AM to Midnight only. All orders should be placed through our checkout, because we will be mostly closed, so our employees can spend Thanksgiving Weekend with their families!

2) We don't have zillion dollar inventory control software, so we will fill all orders when we return on Monday (in the order they were placed) and if we "oversold" any items, we will notify those who did not get those items on Monday (but we DO have ten to twenty of most posters, so there is a good chance we will only oversell a very few, if any).

3) The 600+ items that were already on the site have had their prices slashed. We REALLY do want to get them sold, and if it takes super low prices to do so, so be it!

4) The 565 newly added items will be priced under where the same posters have sold for recently (in some cases, quite a bit under). We will fill all orders for these that are received on Friday, and then they will go "off sale" until Monday (so we can figure out what we sold of each) and then they will be re-offered beginning Monday, but as always with out Fixed Price items, the prices will have been raised from what they were offered for on Friday (the ONLY exception is any posters where we did not sell even ONE example on Friday; on those likely few items, we will lower the prices ever further on Monday!).

Best of luck to all of you who order from our first ever Black Friday sale!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #914 on: November 22, 2016, 02:34:20 PM »
If you have looked at our current 999 folded one-sheets closing in hours at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/13.html, you might be asking yourself "Why are HALF of them  still at just $1, $2, $3, or $4 with hours to go?"

The answer might lie in its taking place right before the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday (and also right before our December Major auction begins), but a far BETTER question to ask yourself is "Why am I not bidding on these super-low priced posters, which include many rarities from all years and genres?"!

Remember that when we say "$1", we really mean "$1" and NOT "$1, plus $19 buyers premium" found on another auction site. At these prices they cost less than wrapping paper (so you could get a bunch of these and use them that way, but to us that would be a sin).

But you could buy a bunch and start a collection, or you could slap them on eBay at $9.99 each and make a bundle, or you could sell them from your website (we can provide buyers with unwatermarked giant images of their purchases, so that is super easy to do with virtually NO work on your part). So why not go to the above link right now and start "stealing" some fun movie posters?

Plus, no matter how many of these you buy today, the U.S. shipping is just $12, even if you get 100 of them (actual cost anywhere else). And using our unique "Pay and Hold" system, you can get all you want over a three week period (six weeks outside the U.S.) and you pay just $12 U.S. shipping for everything as long as it fits in one package safely.

And you can now pay for your purchases entirely within our "Checkout 2.0", which even works with "Pay and Hold" orders, which saves you a fortune on shipping! So why not start looking over these 999 folded one-sheets right now, and start finding that perfect poster to display in your home, one that may well cost you less than a cup of coffee at Starbucks, and will surely give you many years of viewing pleasure?

Online Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #915 on: November 22, 2016, 08:43:21 PM »
thank you Bruce for resisting the urge to double post a dozen large size images on this forum nearly each an every day
Some of us really appreciate that. notworthy.gif

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #916 on: November 22, 2016, 09:50:59 PM »
thank you Bruce for resisting the urge to double post a dozen large size images on this forum nearly each an every day

If it got higher results, I would be tempted! Bu t I feel my time is better spent giving great customer service, and charging less. To each his or her own.

guest4531

« Reply #917 on: November 24, 2016, 03:18:50 AM »

Well, to be fair, I prefer to see double posts with dozen large images of posters than the lengthy "Tea Party" talk with pictures of Trump and people arguing on the web. It has been dragging for months and still on.  Time to go international, can we create threads about the Le Pen and FN party in France, and Farage and Ukip in UK and AFD in Germany ?

So Bruce, thank you for that indeed but I wouldn't mind some pictures of posters, just to compensate the not worthy Trump and US politics threads.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #918 on: November 24, 2016, 05:45:57 AM »
Fair play.

;D

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #919 on: November 24, 2016, 06:50:47 AM »

What is really funny is that I COULD post 8 times every single day (twice for each of the three weekly auctions, and twice for the next upcoming major auctions), since that is how other auction sites do it. But I feel that it makes more sense to just post once on the day each auction closes, because you all surely know of the auctions, and this way it is just a gentle reminder not to forget.

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #920 on: November 24, 2016, 06:51:28 AM »
Here is something to give thanks for! We have hundreds of amazing bargains in our 999 non-U.S. posters, lobby cards & stills (from 15 different countries!) closing in hours at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/14.html and you WILL want to check these out, but please do so soon, because if you wait too long it will be someone else who is "thankful" for getting incredible deals on these non-U.S. posters, lobby cards and stills!

With just hours to go on these auctions, 464 of these are at $1 (125 have no bid at all, so $1 can win those), and 624 are at just $1 to $5! And almost all of the 375 items over just $5 are FAR under where the same or similar items have sold for in the past. This set of auctions contains a LOT of better quality (and often rare) Russian, Australian, German, Mexican, and French posters and lobby cards, and yet even the best of these are often VERY affordable!

And remember that there are NO buyers premiums (especially the dreadful $19 minimum ones), so $1 is REALLY $1, and you pay just $12 U.S. shipping no matter how many of these you get, even if you get 100 of them! We only charge the actual cost of shipping plus $3 for packaging materials if you live outside the U.S., and you can accumulate all you win in six weeks into as few packages as possible, which saves you a fortune on shipping.

But you can't get these great deals if you aren't bidding, so why not go to the above link right now, and you will quickly see how great the deals are (and you will need some time to look over this many varied posters, lobby cards & stills)?

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #921 on: November 25, 2016, 06:35:25 AM »
In less than FOUR hours (as of this writing, perhaps a much shorter time when you are seeing this), we will hold our first time ever incredible Black Friday sale!

Here is some valuable further information about this special event:

1) It runs from 9 AM to Midnight only on Friday November 25th at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/2.html. All orders must be placed through our checkout, because we will be closed, so our employees can spend Thanksgiving Weekend with their families! All the Fixed Priced items were taken off the site on Thursday, and they will be re-added Friday at 9 AM CST, at which point everyone can place their orders, but not before, and you can place your order ANY time during the day on Friday (all the way until Midnight, CST)!

2) We don't have zillion dollar inventory control software, so we will fill all orders when we return to work on Monday (in the order they were placed) and if we "oversold" any items, we will notify those who did not get those items on Monday (but we DO have ten to twenty of most posters, so there is a good chance we will only oversell a very few titles, if any). PLEASE BE UNDERSTANDING OF THIS IF YOU ARE INFORMED ON MONDAY YOU DID NOT GET ALL YOU ORDERED!

3) The 600+ Fixed Priced items that were already on the site prior to Thursday have had their prices slashed. We REALLY do want to get them sold, and if it takes super low prices to do so, so be it!

4) We have 565 newly added Fixed Priced items all prepared and ready to the site on Friday at 9 AM CST (ones we have not had before)! They will be priced under where the same posters have sold for recently (in some cases, quite a bit under).

5) Starting at Midnight Saturday, all the Fixed Priced will go "off sale" until Monday. We will come in to work on Saturday and Sunday when we are closed, and we will fill all orders for the Fixed Priced items that were received on Friday (so we can figure out what we sold of each).

6) The Fixed Priced items (minus the sold-out ones) will be re-offered beginning Monday, but as always with out Fixed Price items, the prices will have been raised from what they were offered for on Friday (the ONLY exception is any posters where we did not sell even ONE example on Friday; on those likely few items, we will lower the prices ever further on Monday!).

Remember that we will be closed on Friday, so if you have any problems of any kind, please email us, and we will contact you when we return on Monday.

Best of luck to all of you who order from this, our first ever Black Friday Sale (with low prices on 565 new additions, and slashed prices on unsold old titles)! We often hear from people who say that they would much prefer to not have to go through the trouble of bidding in auctions, and if you are one of those people (or just someone who likes great deals!), then this is what you have been waiting for!

Offline JCM

• Hobbyist
« Reply #922 on: November 25, 2016, 10:20:23 AM »
Encountering some glitches with your checkout at the moment. I signed in, put a few items in my cart, got to the order page and tried to remove one right before paying, and the whole thing went to hell. Everything disappeared.

Now they are showing as a pending order and it won't let me remove the one I didn't want. Haven't paid yet.

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #923 on: November 25, 2016, 01:03:16 PM »
This was reported to us, and was quickly fixed. You should have no further problems, but if you do, simply send an email to phillip@emovieposter.com, and we will address it right away.

Incidentally, orders are pouring in, but amazingly to me, they are pretty even spread among lots of titles, so nothing has sold out yet (that I am aware of) so any of you should be able to go on and buy any of the items, and still get everything!

Bruce

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #924 on: November 25, 2016, 03:31:10 PM »
Terrific sale, Bruce.
I bought a handful at bargain basement prices.
Next time, you should consider gifting customers with a Boris-and-Bela Black Friday tee-shirt.
 ;D