Author Topic: eMoviePoster.com News  (Read 410622 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: eMoviePoster.com is coming up on some pretty impressive milestones!
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2010, 10:00:55 AM »
Impressive milestones, Bruce!
Keep up the great work and congratulations to you and your outstanding staff!

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2010, 03:14:02 PM »
It's lonely out here in right field!

You will never be lonely as long as you continue to deliver those sweet posters quickly and well packaged....Oh and Im with Brude. Gratz!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 03:29:55 PM by Zorba »

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2010, 11:22:37 PM »
It's lonely out here in right field!

OK, now you're in short stop territory.  This belonged up here anyway, and I think it'll be more useful.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Bruce

Many previews of SOME of the items in our Summer 2010 Mini/Major Auction!
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2010, 10:31:21 AM »
For those of you who just can't wait, here are many different previews of SOME of the items in our Summer 2010 Mini/Major Auction!
We are ultra-busy putting the final touches on this auction which starts Tuesday the 27th, but we thought we would show you just a few of the many, many items contained within it!  Here is a preview of the collection of 23 newly discovered silent inserts in the auction, which can still be seen here:
http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20100709_minimajor_insert_preview.jpg
And we also added a preview of the collection of 33 window cards in the auction, which can be seen at:
http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20100709_minimajor_windowcard_preview.jpg
And we also added a preview of the KING KONG pressbook (which contains the herald and an original puzzle, in the original mailing envelope), which can be seen at:
http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20100709_minimajor_kingkong_preview.jpg
And we also added a preview of the 31 of the lobby cards which can be seen at:
http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20100709_minimajor_lobbycard_preview.jpg
And we also added a preview of the 12 ANGRY MEN collection (40x60, three-sheet, six-sheet, and lobby card set), which can be seen at:
http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20100709_minimajor_12angrymen_preview.jpg
And we also added a preview of 27 of the half-sheets, which can be seen at:
http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20100709_minimajor_halfsheet_preview.jpg
And we also added a preview of 15 of the horror posters, which can be seen at:
http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20100709_minimajor_horror_preview.jpg
And we also added a preview of 16 of the non-U.S. posters, which can be seen at:
http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20100709_minimajor_nonus_preview.jpg
And we also added a preview of 7 of the six-sheets and one 24-sheet poster, which can be seen at:
http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20100709_minimajor_sixsheets_preview.jpg

Of course, there are also lots of other great items in this auction, including the GILDA "B" one-sheet, the LAWRENCE OF ARABIA "camel style" pre-awards one-sheet, and lots more!  This is an auction that you just can't miss!

Dr Hackenbush

Bruce, regarding the WCs, were the blank portions at the top trimmed at some point or did you remove them digitally so the cards underneath could be seen?

Bruce

Most have the tops. It is just that they are small in the combined preview that we cut off the tops so that the images could be larger.

The entire images will of course be on the auctions. I can't wait for the auctions to start!

Bruce

sm1 sm1 sm1 sm1 sm1 sm1

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
You've got some great stuff coming up!  And thanks for putting up previews... it is much easier to plan for the big bids that way!

Dr Hackenbush

No doubt.  Some incredible pieces in there, and a couple that I hadn't noticed the first time I looked at the preview pics

Bruce

Thanks for the compliments! Remember there's a lot more you aren't seeing yet. I have been privately e-mailed that I must be crazy to offer so much GREAT stuff all at one time after the dud auctions in Ohio and Texas where SO many items passed, because that means "everyone is broke", but I think just the opposite. I think that the reason so much passed in those auctions was the too high reserves, and I think that means there is still plenty of money left to be spent (because people didn't get to spend it at those auctions).

I guess time will tell if I am right or if I am wrong, but even if I am wrong THIS auction won't have any passes at all, because it is all starting at $1, and everything will sell, which means there is the potential for some great deals on some really cool items!

Bruce

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
I think that means there is still plenty of money left to be spent (because people didn't get to spend it at those auctions).

Interesting and VERY possible....At any rate, I gotta love your optimism.  8)

I dont know about plenty of money but I do know that since I passed on Texas(Due in part to falling asleep  :P) I have enough money to get a t-shirt... ;D

Dr Hackenbush

I think that the reason so much passed in those auctions was the too high reserves

I completely agree that the practice of starting bidding at half the estimate tends to kill much incentive to bid.  I would rather have an item with a reserve, because at least then you'll see what FMV is on that item at that point in time.  So many items in HA's auction sold for half/well under their estimates or got no bids at all.

Bruce

Our Summer Mini/Major Auction concludes on Sunday afternoon
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2010, 10:30:04 PM »
The final part of our Summer 2010 Mini/Major Auctions closes Sunday! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY OUR BEST AUCTION SINCE OUR "MAJOR AUCTION" DAYS, and we saved many of the best items for last!

Our Summer 2010 Mini/Major Auction had an incredible selection of posters (around 900 items in all!), covering all years and many different countries including exceptional linenbacked, paperbacked, and unbacked items and ran in three parts (Part I or Part II are now concluded, but Part III still has two days to run and concludes on Sunday, and we saved many of the best items for last):

* Part I COMPLETED! $97,033 in sales! 313 backed and unbacked inserts, window cards, half-sheets, lobby cards, campaign books, pressbooks & more
    * Part II COMPLETED! $84,668 in sales! 378 LINENBACKED posters (one-sheet size and smaller)
    * Part III (ends Sunday August 8th, beginning at 3 PM CST, NOT at night!): 290 unbacked "rolled" posters & oversized linenbacked posters

What distinguishes OUR Mini/Major Auctions from other major auctions? Only the lack of any reserves or buyers premiums, honest condition grading, and unenhanced super-sized images! You will find an amazing "supermarket" selection of great posters from all years, genres, and countries!

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY OUR BEST AUCTION SINCE OUR "MAJOR AUCTION" DAYS! If you didn't find LOTS of items to interest you in THESE three sets of auctions, then you need to re-think your collecting strategy!

Also, know that every buyer from ANY of the parts of our "Summer 2010 Mini/Major Auction" receives a great full-color printed t-shirt as a free bonus (even if you only purchase one item)!
     Every buyer in this special auction will receive a great full-color T-shirt (pictured here), which shows the image from the Gilda style B one-sheet poster included in this auction (we will only be making as many t-shirts as there are different buyers in these auctions, so it will be a VERY limited edition, and likely will become a "collector's item" in its own right!). Given that you get this great full-color T-shirt with any purchase, shouldn't you absolutely find any one item to purchase from us from among the 900+ items in these special auctions?

KNOW THAT WE PURPOSELY INCLUDED A LARGE NUMBER OF RELATIVELY INEXPENSIVE ITEMS IN PART III OF THIS AUCTION, SPECIFICALLY SO THAT ANYONE WHO WOULD WANT TO GET ONE ITEM TO WIN THE BONUS SHIRT COULD DO SO FOR A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF MONEY, AND ALSO SO THAT CLUB MEMBERS COULD MORE EASILY WIN BETWEEN 5 AND 12 ITEMS AND GET THE GREAT CLUB BONUSES (see below).

BUT WAIT, THERE'S EVEN MORE!  The above bonus t-shirt offer is for anyone who purchases any ONE item from either part of this mini/major auction.  But if you are a member of our weekly e-mail club, we will be offering our most generous bonus offers ever to those who purchase just FIVE items from either or both of the two parts combined (you need just purchase a total of five items from both parts).  We will have multiple great offers for those who purchase as few as five items, and as many as twelve or more, and you get these just for being a member of the club (so if you are not already a member, and over 6,380 collectors already are, then why not join today by going to http://www.emovieposter.com/mail/clubsignup.php). It is fine with us if you join the club solely to get the great bonuses and then quit after you receive them!

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Re: Our Summer Mini/Major Auction concludes on Sunday afternoon
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2010, 05:14:45 PM »
So what did you all win?  Big bids were out for me in light of the recent Bogart cache I stumbled upon... However, I still managed to win a very cool Czech Battle of Algiers poster.  It is a fantastic film and I now have several posters for it...

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2010, 07:21:05 PM »
I wanted the Barbarella linen 3 sheet and Woman In Red S2 reprint but they got too pricey for me ($200+), although still reasonably good deals.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2010, 08:19:41 PM »
Love the Battle of Algiers, Harry.  I thought about making a run at it myself, so I am glad to see its going to a good home.  I got what most would call the "oddity" of the auction.  The CE3K banner.  As far as I know, these were silk screened and cost theaters in the neighborhood of $30.  There were not many theater owners willing to pay that price at the time, so not many ever hit circulation.  Because of this, the silkscreen movie banner was essentially dead by the early 80's.

Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Bruce

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2010, 08:28:29 PM »
I love that CEOTTK banner! The auctions took in $284,000. Anyone else here get anything?

Bruce

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2010, 08:36:19 PM »
I love that CEOTTK banner! The auctions took in $284,000. Anyone else here get anything?

Bruce

Nice. Glad I could contribute    ;D

I did get some today. One I REALLY wanted for once too ...but...Im waiting though til is up up and framed to show and tell.  :)

tstatum

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2010, 09:35:33 PM »
I got The Army of Darkness Poster it's not in the best shape but the price was much more to my likeing the what it usually goes for and who knows I could be suprised on arrival.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2010, 09:38:44 PM »

That banner rocks... do you have the space to display it?  I've got my eye on some pretty big posters (French double grands, banners, etc...) but I'm not sure I'll ever have a wall big enough to put them on!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2010, 11:23:16 PM »
Scored these 2 Chinese posters, the first Chinese posters in my collection, and they look pretty sweet.  I lost the "bidding war" on the German Apocalypse Now, but "win some and lose some."  Congratulations to the winner.  Keep up the good work, Bruce and the emovieposter team.

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2010, 11:39:48 PM »
So what did you all win?  Big bids were out for me in light of the recent Bogart cache I stumbled upon... However, I still managed to win a very cool Czech Battle of Algiers poster.  It is a fantastic film and I now have several posters for it...

Outstanding win!  Great poster that I completely overlooked  :'(  You're right, "Battle Of Algiers" is an excellent movie and Bruce has had some wonderful int'l examples for it.  I've bid on at least a couple of them, so it's possible we've bid against each other in the past  ;)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2010, 04:29:46 PM »
That banner rocks... do you have the space to display it?  I've got my eye on some pretty big posters (French double grands, banners, etc...) but I'm not sure I'll ever have a wall big enough to put them on!

At the moment Harry, I really do not have room to display anything.  When I move back to the states and set up a theater, I plan on hanging it at the top of the back wall.  Originally I was thinking about hanging it just above the screen, but I think that might be a bit distracting when trying to watch a movie.  I may try it anyway though.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Bruce

Our just concluded Summer 2010 Mini/Major Auction was a major success
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2010, 11:50:26 PM »
Our just concluded Summer 2010 Mini/Major Auction was a major success, FAR beyond our expectations, with total sales of over $274,000!

The total of all three auctions was $274,739!  What makes this so interesting is that the world is in the throes of a major recession, the likes of which have not been seen in our lifetimes.  And there were two major movie poster auctions from other companies in the past few months (one just a couple of weeks ago) which had remarkably disappointing results, with unsold items in numbers never before seen!

So what made our auctions different?  Obviously, collectors are tired of the "old way" of doing business, where everything is "buyer beware", and auction houses are often a place filled with high reserves and items with undisclosed restoration, and they prefer to deal with us, because we stand behind everything we sell, and we are 100% honest, and we have REAL customer service.  Also, auctions have kept increasing their buyers premiums until they now all charge 20% or 25% extra, and very few buyers like those, whereas we have NO buyers premiums whatsoever!

But of course, we went even further (as we always do in our Mini/Major auctions) and we gave a GREAT bonus t-shirt offer to everyone who purchased any ONE item from any of the three parts of this mini/major auction, PLUS we offered our most generous bonus offers ever to those who purchased just FIVE items from any of the three parts combined (you needed to purchase a total of five items from all three parts).  We also gave great additional bonuses for every additional item up to 12 items (including three great coffee table books) so that those who purchased 12 items received $700 retail of great bonuses!

We had one sad occurrence in our Summer 2010 Mini/Major Auction, but it shows two important differences between OUR auctions and ANY others!

After the auction concluded, the third highest selling item was the LAWRENCE OF ARABIA pre-awards camel style, for $11,800. The high bidder paid for the item and had it overnighted, but after receiving it said they did not agree with our condition assessment of the poster, and returned it. Based on the e-mail correspondence we had, I think that buyer remorse played a significant role in this quick cancellation, but I still did as I always do with these rare cancellations in our auctions, which was to tell the buyer to return it immediately for a full refund.
     That is why the poster reads SALE CANCELLED in the list above, and why the $11,800 has been deducted from the total sales of the auctions. While it is certainly very sad that this occurred, it shows two important differences between OUR auctions and ANY others:
     1) You are NEVER "stuck" with a purchase in OUR auctions! Other auctions hide behind a ludicrous "buyer beware" policy that borders on being criminal, for they often take that "escape clause" (which means every buyer is stuck even if the auction house made major errors in describing the item) and then use it to INTENTIONALLY mis-describe or over-grade items, meaning they have lots of unhappy buyers who have no recourse against the auction other than to refuse to deal with them in the future, and they are left with a sometimes very costly lesson of what "buyer beware" really means.
     But in our auctions, we honestly describe EVERY item, and that means we can offer every buyer a chance to return any item they are unhappy with, so that NO ONE ever needs to feel "stuck" with a purchase they are unhappy with. Of course, we can't have people bidding and then canceling over and over, so we have to tell the very few people who have abused this policy that they can't continue to do so in the future, but this almost never happens in our auctions (and we have auctioned almost half a million movie paper items in the past 20 years!).
     2) The fact that we are open and honest about everything that occurs in our auctions means that you both know that every price we report (after the auctions are added to our Sales Results Database online at http://www.emovieposter.com/sales/priceguide.php) is a 100% accurate price, and that in every case the consignor was paid the price listed (minus our commission) in cash! Other auctions NEVER revise their reported results to reflect cancelled or unpaid for items (and they don't reveal which lots were bought back by the consignors or were bought by the auction house from itself) so you can't know if their reported auction prices ever happened! Many times people say to me, "You did well with this item, but Auction House X sold the same item for 50% more a couple of years ago", but there is NO telling that their reported sale was real or that any money changed hands (and if you look at their auctions after that reported high result, you often see that the very same item has been re-offered and has "sold" for half the previous listed result, and one must wonder whether that first "sale" never happened and a cancelled item has been re-sold).
     You can ALWAYS trust our Sales Results Database to give you honest accurate results, so you can better gauge how much to bid on an item that is currently offered. And we will ALWAYS remove items that are not paid for from our Sales Results Database, even when it is a very high profile item like this one (and this is the very first $10,000+ item we have had cancelled, and we attribute that to our fanatical honest grading, which is true of everything we auction, for we have less than one in 500 items returned FOR ANY REASON, which is pretty remarkable given the vast number of items we auction!).

ATTENTION TO THOSE OF YOU WHO MIGHT HAVE "BETTER" QUALITY ITEMS TO CONSIGN TO US

We will have THREE more "special event" auctions in the remainder of 2010:

The first of these "special event" auctions is our Fall 2010 "Non-U.S. Only" Mini/Major Auction beginning at the end of September.  NOW is the time for you to consign to this special auction.  We held a similar auction to this in February of this year, and that auction had excellent results, and we have no reason to think this auction won't do just as well (in addition, it will be helped by the falling U.S. dollar, which always gains us lots of additional non-U.S. buyers).

THE DEADLINE FOR CONSIGNING TO THIS FALL 2010 "NON-U.S. ONLY" MINI/MAJOR AUCTION IS AUGUST 25th!

The second of these "special event" auctions is our 11th Annual Halloween Mini/Major Auction beginning at the end of October.   Every year for 10 years we have received exceptional results for horror/sci-fi items in this auction, and you have just a few weeks to consign to this special auction.

THE DEADLINE FOR CONSIGNING TO THIS 11th ANNUAL HALLOWEEN MINI/MAJOR AUCTION IS SEPTEMBER 29th!

The third of these "special event" auctions is our December 2010 Mini/Major Auction beginning at the end of November (but closing in early December).  You have a couple of months to consign to this special auction, but these kind of deadlines tend to creep up on you, so you might want to start assembling consignments NOW, especially because we are often consigned two of the same item, and we always auction the one we received first.  This will be just like our just concluded Summer 2010 Mini/Major Auction, and we have no reason to think this auction won't do just as well!

THE DEADLINE FOR CONSIGNING TO THIS DECEMBER 2010 MINI/MAJOR AUCTION IS OCTOBER 27th!

IF YOU HAVE ITEMS YOU THINK WOULD MAKE SENSE FOR ANY OF THESE SPECIAL AUCTIONS AND WOULD LIKE THEM INCLUDED (and they can be linenbacked or not linenbacked), THEN PLEASE CONTACT US BY THE ABOVE DATES!  Please remember that we want items to have a realistic retail of $50 or more.  Items of lesser value make far more sense for our "regular" non-U.S. auctions, where they are not in competition with lots of great posters. Please note that if you currently have consignments with us, we will NOT pull out those items to move to this auction.  Those items will be sold in our regular auctions.

Given that eBay is imploding (and has declared war on its sellers!), and given that we have both delivered excellent results in our past several months of auctions, and given that we are the only venue where you can sell HUGE quantities of material (both in terms of dollars, and in terms of numbers of posters), then shouldn't YOU consider consigning to one or all three of the above special auctions?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:45:28 PM by erik1925 »

Bruce

Should eMoviePoster.com change its name to eMoviePaper.com?
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2010, 08:28:09 AM »
I am thinking of changing our name... from eMoviePoster.com to eMoviePaper.com

because it better reflects what we auction.

What do y'all think?

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
Re: Should eMoviePoster.com change its name to eMoviePaper.com?
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2010, 08:33:52 AM »
can we add JAWS1975POSTER.com to the list.

i guarantee a landslide :P