Author Topic: eMoviePoster.com News  (Read 411060 times)

Bruce

We had some unusual circumstances. One shipping employee had heart surgery and will be out 6-8 weeks. Even if I hired someone to replace him, that new person wouldn't have the knowledge needed to do the job right. There was some kind of bronchitis/flu that made its way through the rest of the shipping/packing employees the past two weeks.

Together these circumstances, combined with having the two mini-major auctions, plus two Sunday auctions with around 800 items each rather than the usual 250 or so, set us behind on sending some orders from the past two weeks. To help offset it, the shipping guys came in and worked all day Sunday.

We are now close to caught up, and we anticipate being fully caught up by the end of the week.

In these kinds of situations, I am faced with doing everything our usual way and letting some orders ship late, or do things in a less than perfect way, and I always assume people can handle the delay, and would prefer knowing everything is packed and shipped right.

My apologies to anyone who had a delay and felt disappointed as a result. I have no control over sickness, but I still have to accept the responsibility when it causes delays.

Bruce

wonka

No worries Bruce, and thank you very much for the explanation.  Like I said, just shows how spoiled we all are when someone like me is wondering after a couple weeks or less.

I hope you all get well over there and back up to speed, grinding on all cylinders soon.

Get some hand sanitizer pumps over there!

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Ive said it before, sometimes life gets in the way,  and if you really get mad about a poster a few days late, you AINT GOT NO LIFE, it’s a bit of paper. Means nothing, except we happen to like them.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

wonka

Ari, don't think anyone is mad here...

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
no didnt mean that, just sometimes people complain, OR seller has to say sorry, thats all.
Im happy go lucky is all I meant, and I hope most are also.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

wonka

Ah, gotcha.  I agree with you on that for sure.

With Bruce and eMovie, you know things will be straight sooner or later.  But if you get screwed by a bad dealer in some way, shape, or form and get taken, then its less about paper and more about money...which always stinks to be schistered out of.

Bruce

Thanks for being so understanding guys! I love doing the "better" auctions, but it is always a great feeling when the last of the orders from it ships.

Bruce

guest8

You know I deal with crap customer service from places like mondo and ebay sellers all the time and really it wouldnt bother me much if they communicated .. Just say hey I had a long weekend and didnt get to packing anything Ill have it out this week blah blah .. (and get it out that week I dont want more excuses the next week) Its all about being responsible for yourself and getting the job done .. I have no bad feelings towards Bruce at all here because the issue was brought up and he quickly jumped in and explained the situation and was apologetic .. No harm no foul .. Hope things get better for the employees !! :)

But I have made comments/complaints on EB about mondo and their lack of communication and the basic over all fuck off attitude Ive received and the EB members just tell me to shut up and be happy I got one of the posters which I can understand to an extent .. But really When does bad customer service start catching up with seller like Mondo that dont seem to care because they know theres more buyers out there to take the place of the ones they lose .. not to mention the fact that I dont want to stop buying LOL .. I want my posters !! :P

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
But really When does bad customer service start catching up with seller like Mondo that dont seem to care because they know theres more buyers out there to take the place of the ones they lose .. not to mention the fact that I dont want to stop buying LOL .. I want my posters !! :P

When a competitor starts producing equal or better product and contracting big time artists that do great work on a consistent basis. This will give buyers an option and since I think most people realize they can't own every poster ever made they will be given another option on where they spend their money.

One of the problems is that just to do a poster is one thing, but to tie it with an actual screening at a theater or event makes it more difficult with covering profits.

guest8

Very true .. Alright!! WHo wants to go in on buying a movie theater with me??? :D

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
Got mine today!  The shirt is cool and the poster looks even better in person.  Thanks Bruce!

Bruce

Thanks guys. We have hired a new shipping person (a vet just back from Iraq), and we are rapidly getting caught up on shipping orders, and should be all caught up by early next week (all the mini-major orders that have been paid for have now been shipped).

Bruce

Bruce

ANOTHER preview of our Summer Mini/Major, this time window cards!
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2010, 04:33:29 PM »
Here are the most of the window cards from this special auction:

http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20100709_minimajor_windowcard_preview.jpg

Bruce

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: ANOTHER preview of our Summer Mini/Major, this time window cards!
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2010, 05:05:47 PM »
Bruce, where is the preview of daybills?   ;)
Chris

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2010, 07:26:52 PM »
whew, I don't see any in there that I "need"!

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2010, 07:35:41 PM »

Are you fucking kidding my, Louie?   You?!  The "old-school", vintage paper guy?

Give me a break!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2010, 07:38:42 PM »
I didn't say there weren't any there I would like to own, just none that I need.

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2010, 07:58:49 PM »

I wish I could say the same thing.  There's one piece in there I'd love to own
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:01:13 AM by Dr Hackenbush »

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2010, 10:39:32 PM »
Bruce, where is the preview of daybills?   ;)

Screw the daybills. Whats on the t-shirt? or did I miss that post?

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2010, 11:57:18 PM »
I am waiting on the poster parka to become fashionable...
Chris

Bruce

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2010, 08:34:21 AM »
Thats one sweet T.  ;D

Bruce

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2010, 09:58:17 AM »
I'm glad you like it!

Regarding Aussie daybills, I WISH I could get a good consignment of older better ones, but that hasn't happened for some time. But you never know what the future holds!

Bruce

Bruce

eMoviePoster.com is coming up on some pretty impressive milestones!
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2010, 01:34:49 PM »
We at eMoviePoster.com are coming up on some pretty impressive milestones!

We now have 7,368 registered bidders for our auctions, which means it will just be a month or so before we hit 7,500! There is no other movie poster auction or forum with anywhere near this number. Remember that these are actual movie paper collectors. What difference does it make if a site has hundreds of thousands or millions of bidders, if they aren't movie paper collectors?

Next club message will be message #500, and I will be making a couple of really special offers in honor of that occasion! It seems like just a short while ago that I sent that first e-mail to a couple of dozen collectors, but it was actually over ten YEARS ago! We will also be announcing the activation of the first portion of our online checkout system, which has been the number one request we have received (but for those of you who prefer calling in, know that we won't be eliminating that!).

In a few months (around Halloween time!) we will have our 500th weekly Tuesday auction! I remember well when I first picked Tuesday as a night when few people were busy with anything else, so it seemed like a perfect night for an auction. Little did I know that a few years later one of the most successful TV shows of all time (American Idol) would begin airing on Tuesdays! Thank God for TIVO and DVR, which let people record their favorite shows and not miss our auctions.

Speaking of not missing our auctions, one of the wives of one of our bidders called in a payment for her husband last week, and she said that my name is mentioned a lot in their house, and not in a positive way! She explained that often she would ask her husband to go somewhere and do something with her, and that he would reply, "I would love to, but Bruce's auctions end tonight"!

And we are fast approaching HALF A MILLION entries in our online Sales Results database http://www.emovieposter.com/sales/priceguide.php (it has over 485,000 results right now)!

And soon we will have ONE THIRD OF A MILLION images in our Poster Image Archive at http://www.emovieposter.com/imagearchive/stars.php, which is far and away the most movie poster images of any site on the Internet (it has over 313,000 images right now)!!

Bruce

Re: eMoviePoster.com is coming up on some pretty impressive milestones!
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2010, 07:30:01 AM »
It's lonely out here in right field!