Author Topic: eMoviePoster.com News  (Read 411005 times)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
Re: eMoviePoster.com News
« Reply #1025 on: February 10, 2017, 06:29:27 AM »
I have to say Bruce, I do really like those search filters.  When you have specific collecting interests, the filters do make it a lot more convenient to browse the auction items.

They DO make a world of difference, especially as you keep learning to use them better. Incidentally it costs a fortune to maintain our Auction History database (both hosting fees and the work of constantly updating it and correcting it) so at some point I may add a monthly fee for using it, so enjoy it while it is 100% free!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1026 on: February 10, 2017, 06:30:27 AM »
A Star Wars 24-sheet?!?!  Impressive. 

ECONOMY PROOF!  ;)

In case you are wondering, that is NOT where that came from!
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1027 on: February 10, 2017, 06:31:35 AM »
My bank balance is hurting already - looking forward to the auction and best of luck to you Bruce, hopefully its your best auction yet!!!!

Thanks much! Remember to bid responsibly, and to not drink and bid, because they don't mix well!

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #1028 on: February 10, 2017, 07:25:47 AM »
They DO make a world of difference, especially as you keep learning to use them better. Incidentally it costs a fortune to maintain our Auction History database (both hosting fees and the work of constantly updating it and correcting it) so at some point I may add a monthly fee for using it, so enjoy it while it is 100% free!

It would be a shame if you did that Bruce. It is a fabulous tool for everyone to use, collectors and dealers alike.
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1029 on: February 10, 2017, 07:40:20 AM »
We at eMoviePoster.com have a truly wonderful selection of 999 vintage single 8" x 10" stills (a great selection covering all years, stars, and genres!) ends SUNDAY AFTERNOON beginning at 3 PM CST (NOT at 7 PM like our Tuesday and Thursday auctions) at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/15.html, and whether or not you have yet discovered the wonderful hobby of collecting vintage stills, I am certain you will be very interested in this auction!

What makes this auction so special? Nearly half of these are wonderful portraits, including many of the most loved stars, some with stamps from the greatest "name" photographers like Clarence Sinclair Bull! And the other half of these includes many iconic images from some of the best remembered movies (including great horror ones), and also a LOT of images from movies where you hardly ever see any movie paper, including lots of "lost" films! IF YOU ARE ANY KIND OF SERIOUS STILL COLLECTOR, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A REAL HEADACHE IN DECIDING WHICH STILLS YOU MOST WANT TO BID ON, BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY WONDERFUL ONES!

Auctions like these don't come around every day and yet the current bid prices are mostly insanely low! Think I am exaggerating? As of right now, with two days to go, there are over HALF at the opening bid of $1, and over two thirds are just $1 to $5 each. And the one third over just $5 are mostly FAR under where the same (or similar) stills have sold for in the past.  Now they are sure to receive lots more bids, but these are true rarities that would look incredible on your wall (and they can be displayed in any inexpensive ready made frame), so please go to the above link soon and check these all out.

Did you know that in this set of auctions we at eMoviePoster.com only sell original vintage stills that either came directly from theater owners (or closed down theaters), or from poster exchanges, or from longtime collectors who purchased directly from either of the above, and we give every buyer a LIFETIME guarantee that every still we sell is original (something no other major auction does)? You should always be sure to only buy original theatrical stills (which have collectible value, and have continued to rise in value over the years) as opposed to reproductions, which have only decorative value (and never rise in price).

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1030 on: February 10, 2017, 11:01:22 AM »
In case you are wondering, that is NOT where that came from!

Ha!  I know.  Couldn't resist!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1031 on: February 10, 2017, 10:14:57 PM »
It would be a shame if you did that Bruce. It is a fabulous tool for everyone to use, collectors and dealers alike.

I would highly recommend "wikipedia it up", and ask for the donation (which I would contribute to, and I am sure many others would as well) to keep it free.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #1032 on: February 10, 2017, 10:54:55 PM »
I would highly recommend "wikipedia it up", and ask for the donation (which I would contribute to, and I am sure many others would as well) to keep it free.

I think these databases serve in part to keep the bids up as newbie entrants are surprised that posters they are interested in sold for that much. At least for me that was the case as I found myself liking desirable posters (I would be bidding less than other people who consult these databases). I think the database is good for sellers but ultimately no so for buyers. Everyone should go with their gut and bid around $10 for these old mass produced bits of tattered paper instead being influenced to bid higher using the databases!

Offline YugoMoviePoster

• Beginner
« Reply #1033 on: February 11, 2017, 06:46:05 AM »
Well, Worthpoint.com start to use EMP Auction History database, and they are not free of charge... :o

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1034 on: February 11, 2017, 12:17:16 PM »
Worthpoint also uses ebay sales results, and it was never free to see those numbers on their site, either.

-Jeff

Offline YugoMoviePoster

• Beginner
« Reply #1035 on: February 11, 2017, 12:28:55 PM »
Yes, but eBay does not have old auction history database, and you can find only results for past 3 months or so.
So, there is no other place where you can find eBay results from few years ago, except Worthpoint. How much those results are reliable is a different story.
So they must to collect and keep eBay results. And it is OK to charge something for that service.
But, EMP Auction History database is already there, and they have nothing to do, just to exploit it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 12:29:58 PM by YugoMoviePoster »

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1036 on: February 12, 2017, 08:02:33 AM »
Just a few HOURS left until these excellent 999 vintage single 8" x 10" stills start to end (beginning at 3 PM CST, NOT at 7 PM like our Tuesday and Thursday auctions) at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/15.html

Amazingly there are still ONE THIRD of them at just $1 to $3 and ONE HALF at just $5 and under, and the half that is over $5 is mostly far under where the same or similar stills have sold for in the past.

Since we have NO buyers premiums, "$1" is REALLY $1 and not "$1, plus $19 buyers premiums" as seen at some other auctions, great deals WILL be made!

The only question is, will you be making any of them?
:)

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #1037 on: February 13, 2017, 04:13:19 PM »

Bruce,
was really interested in the below poster before it got yanked. Are you able to spill why it was pulled?

"We noticed that there was an issue with an item that we had on auction that you were bidding on (or if you were not bidding, you viewed the auction). The item is 4r303 TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE German '78 Tobe Hooper cult classic slasher horror!

We decided it would be best to cancel this listing  at this time. We very much apologize and we hope it isn't too much of an inconvenience."

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1038 on: February 13, 2017, 07:59:46 PM »
A leading German expert told us he believes it is a repro. We ended the auction and will ask other German experts their opinion, and if it is a repro (as seems likely) we will return it to the owner.

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1039 on: February 13, 2017, 08:01:14 PM »
Whether your taste in posters goes to “classic“ or “campy“, you’ll find lots to bid on in our March Major Auction which starts February 26th, so return to our site on that date & start bidding!

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #1040 on: February 15, 2017, 08:05:56 AM »
A leading German expert told us he believes it is a repro. We ended the auction and will ask other German experts their opinion, and if it is a repro (as seems likely) we will return it to the owner.

Gotcha. Thanks for the update!

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1041 on: February 15, 2017, 10:19:49 AM »
Gotcha. Thanks for the update!

Not sure I got a look at it before it was pulled -- can you share an image so we know what to look out for?  Thanks!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1042 on: February 24, 2017, 10:14:23 AM »
Bruce, on your current rolled ... would be good to specify (if known) screenprint or giclee.

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1043 on: June 02, 2017, 02:14:01 PM »
THE SCARLET EMPRESS, directed by Josef Von Sternberg and starring Marlene Dietrich has been described as "the most jaw dropping, sexually charged piece of cinema anyone could ever ask for"!

Yet movie posters of any kind from it have always been incredibly rare, more so than those from the other Josef Von Sternberg/Marlene Dietrich films.

We know of no example of the one-sheet from this classic film that has been previously publicly auctioned. The excellent condition, completely unrestored example of this poster pictured here will be auctioned by eMoviePoster.com in our June Major Auction.

It will start at $1 with NO reserve and NO buyers premium, and when the auction closes, it will absolutely have a new owner, no matter how high or low the final selling price!

Our June Major Auction starts June 8th and has something for every movie paper collector, no matter how much money you have to spend! See many more previews here: http://www.emovieposter.com/learnmore/?page=consign_major

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1044 on: June 02, 2017, 07:58:15 PM »
 clap what a wonderful find Bruce
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #1045 on: June 03, 2017, 10:33:00 AM »

I thought you guys knew about the german TCM fake (the sledge hammer is cropped)

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #1046 on: June 03, 2017, 11:39:30 AM »
Beautiful poster and great scoop on the Scarlet Empress, Bruce.

In these days when Heritage seemingly gets every $50K plus poster, it's nice to see one go to you also.
Best of luck with it.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #1047 on: June 03, 2017, 12:02:45 PM »
I wonder what the story is of all these beautiful 1934 posters that are unbacked coming to auction?  Bruce has this wonderful poster and HA has like 6 amazing 1934 posters in pristine condition unbacked as well (Thin Man, Spitfire, Bolero, Riptide). Someone  had an amazing poster find, me thinks.

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1048 on: June 05, 2017, 08:42:28 PM »
Like classic horror? Our June Major Auction, which starts on June 8th, has some great 1-sheets!

See lots more previews here: http://www.emovieposter.com/learnmore/?page=consign_major

guest4955

« Reply #1049 on: June 05, 2017, 09:12:15 PM »