Author Topic: eMoviePoster.com News  (Read 410605 times)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: eMoviePoster.com News
« Reply #1000 on: January 17, 2017, 08:45:40 AM »
As you all likely know, we auctioned the remarkable Dominique Besson one-sheet collection in our December Major Auction. He recently sent us a kind note of thanks as follows:

"I really wanted to thank all of you at eMoviePoster.com for your wonderful job done with my collection. When I first contacted Bruce in early November, I was not sure he would accept all my conditions, as it was a very large collection, and it was just over a month before the auction needed to begin.

But we were able to quickly reach an agreement, and the only thing I had to do was to ship the collection to Missouri, and I did nothing else! Incidentally, since the auction was first announced, I have received many messages from all over the world asking if I was preparing to retire, but definitely I am not! I just needed some money to buy a new apartment in Paris.

As usual with all eMoviePoster.com auctions, all my posters were described very precisely, and I was very pleased with the results of this auction. We are now one month after it concluded and I already received the full payment. It was really impressive service. Thanks again to all of you at eMoviePoster.com for your great job auctioning my one-sheet collection!"

Thanks so much to Dominique for this great reference! When it came time to consign this large and valuable collection, he knew that we at eMoviePoster.com were the only ones who could do justice to it, and get you the highest prices overall, while charging far and away the lowest commissions of ANY major auction. If any of YOU reading this have reached the point where you want to sell all or part of your collection, know that you too could do no better than to consign it to us (and like Dominique, you won't do the slightest bit of work, other than getting the items safely to us)!

Fair play indeed!

One month prior to auction is itself a mighty condition.

I am one such possessor of M. Besson's wares.  Very happy.

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1001 on: January 17, 2017, 09:19:15 AM »
Yeah, that's good to read, a fine endorsement.

On the subject of auctioning of a collection like that, Bruce, do you ever get huge rolled collections arriving from abroad and if so, how do they ship them? Flat in a box? Rolled in numerous tubes?

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1002 on: January 19, 2017, 10:17:43 PM »
Yeah, that's good to read, a fine endorsement.

On the subject of auctioning of a collection like that, Bruce, do you ever get huge rolled collections arriving from abroad and if so, how do they ship them? Flat in a box? Rolled in numerous tubes?

Some use giant flat boxes, other use multiple tubes. Some do both (fill tubes, and then put them in a large "tube box").
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1003 on: January 19, 2017, 10:18:07 PM »
Got great movie paper to consign? The deadline to consign to our March Major Auction is February 6th! Contact us today with what you have!

Don't have great movie paper to consign, but want to buy some (like this unrestored Gun Crazy half-sheet, which will be in this auction)? Go to http://www.emovieposter.com on February 26th, when Part I of this auction begins!

We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1004 on: January 20, 2017, 07:47:36 PM »
When some collectors get on the scent of a poster they want badly, they become an unholy beast!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1005 on: January 20, 2017, 11:11:31 PM »
We have 999 U.S. & Spanish heralds and pressbooks at auction closing Sunday (two days from now) at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/15.html!

Why are we solely auctioning U.S. heralds, Spanish heralds, and pressbooks? We were consigned a pretty significant amount of each of these three types of collectibles, so we are solely listing these three types. But because we are only listing these, there may be some bidders who "skip" this set of auctions, which MAY result in some really low prices on some of them. And if there ARE great buys to be made, then we want them to be made by you, our loyal past customers!

First we have 239 U.S. heralds which includes a wonderful group of very rare 1920s and 1930s titles! One look at these and you will know that this is one of our best U.S. herald offerings ever!

There are also 360 Spanish heralds here and they include many from the best loved movies from all years, and they almost always have unique (often better!) artwork than their U.S. counterparts. These can cost a fraction of what posters from those same movies cost!

Finally, we have a really nice selection of 403 pressbooks that are mostly from the 1950s to the 1960s, but with 68 from the 1930s and 1940s (and also 27 English pressbooks). These include over 100 horror/sci-fi titles!

If you just like making incredible deals (whether to add to your collection, or as a dealer to re-sell), then THIS really is the set of auctions for you. Maybe it is because many of our bidders are not familiar with these exact types of items, but with two days to go, over HALF of these items are at just $1 or have no bid at all, and THREE QUARTERS are just $1 to $5. And the few that are over just $5 are mostly WAY under where the same or similar items have sold for in the past (if we've even auctioned the same item before!).

Don't forget to check out these 999 U.S. & Spanish heralds and pressbooks sometime BEFORE they end in two days, SUNDAY AFTERNOON, beginning at 3 PM CST (NOT at 7 PM like our Tuesday and Thursday auctions) by going to http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/15.html

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1006 on: January 25, 2017, 06:27:30 PM »
Got great, rare movie paper you would consider selling? The deadline for eMoviePoster.com's March Major Auction is February 6th. We charge the lowest commissions, we get the highest prices overall (when comparing like items). We have auctioned more movie paper for more money than ANY auction company EVER. Don't delay, consign today!

« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 06:28:36 PM by BruceH »

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1007 on: January 26, 2017, 10:17:56 AM »
Attention all movie paper collectors! I imagine that you like to make great buys on vintage movie posters just as much as the next fellow, and if so, then our current auctions of 739 inserts and 259 Italian locandinas (with lots of "different" images!) that ends in HOURS beginning at 7 PM CST at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/14.html is REALLY the set of auctions for you, because the current bid prices are shockingly low!

How great are these deals? With just a few HOURS to go until they start to close, ONE QUARTER of these are at $1 or no bid, and HALF are at just $1 to $4, and the half that are over just $4 (even the most expensive) are mostly far under where the same or similar posters have sold for in the past (and we have NO "buyers premiums", so $1 is REALLY $1, and not "$1 plus a $14 buyers premium")!

In these days where just about everything you buy (from food to health insurance to homes) keeps getting more and more expensive, isn't it nice to know that there are still LOTS of $1 to $4 original vintage movie posters available on eMoviePoster.com?

What's more, buy all you want and only pay $12 U.S. shipping for all you get (even if you get 100!). Plus, we let you accumulate all the "rolled" items you buy in a three week period and still let you pay just one shipping charge (if they still fit in one tube, and you pay for them within the three weeks) and if you live outside the U.S. you pay the actual cost of getting the items to you, and you can accumulate all the "rolled" items you buy in a SIX week period and we will combine them into the fewest tubes possible!

But you can't get the great deals and outright steals on these inserts and Italian posters if you aren't bidding, and it takes a while to go through this many posters, so why not go to the above link now (or very soon)? I guarantee you that there WILL be lots of great deals on these and the only question is whether YOU will get them or someone else will!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1008 on: January 28, 2017, 07:31:31 PM »
eMoviePoster.com's current 999 Sunday auctions closing less than ONE day from now, starting at 3 PM at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/15.html, is a "catch-all" auction where we put all the items that don't fit in our regular auctions, but which DO fit in our standard size mailers and I really think THIS set of auctions will be of interest to virtually every collector of movie paper.

It contains are a LOT of very unusual items in this set of auctions (including non-movie items!), some of which you might never see again, so be sure to look over all the items very carefully, because there will surely be some great buys made. In fact, there are so many unusual items that there is a real chance you might "miss" ones you might be interested in, so you really want to take some extra time looking them all over, to keep that from happening, because if you miss bidding, you might not see them again.

And just because many of these items are rare, that doesn't mean they are expensive! In fact, as of right now (with around 21 hours to go) over ONE THIRD of the items are at just $1, $2, or $3, and only a small number of items are over $20, so all are well within the reach of every collector!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1009 on: February 02, 2017, 07:58:13 AM »
We have hundreds of amazing bargains in our 999 non-U.S. posters, lobby cards & stills (from 16 different countries!) closing in hours at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/14.html  and you WILL want to check these out, but please do so soon, because if you wait too long it will be someone else who is getting incredible deals on many of these non-U.S. posters, lobby cards and stills!

Think I am exaggerating? With just hours to go on these auctions, 350 of these are at $1 (56 have no bid at all, so $1 can win those), and 528 (over HALF!) are at just $1 to $4! And almost all of the 471 items over just $4 are FAR under where the same or similar items have sold for in the past.

This set of auctions contains a LOT of better quality (and often rare) Russian, Australian, German, Mexican, and French posters and lobby cards, and yet even the best of these are often VERY affordable!

And remember that there are NO buyers premiums (especially the dreadful $19 minimum ones), so $1 is REALLY $1, and you pay just $12 U.S. shipping no matter how many of these you get, even if you get 100 of them!

We only charge the actual cost of shipping plus $3 for packaging materials if you live outside the U.S., and you can accumulate all you win in six weeks into as few packages as possible, which saves you a fortune on shipping.

But you can't get these great deals if you aren't bidding, so why not go to the above link right now, and you will quickly see how great the deals are (and you will need some time to look over this many varied posters, lobby cards & stills)?

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1010 on: February 02, 2017, 10:28:43 PM »

Last chance to consign to our March Major Auction!

In addition to the items we have shown in our previews so far, we also have a great selection of movie paper of all sorts and sizes (including seven 24-sheets, 32 ultra rare campaign books and much, much  more).

You have one last chance to consign to our March Major Auction, but if you want to do so, you MUST send the items no later than February 6th!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1011 on: February 04, 2017, 03:28:45 PM »
Incidentally, this entire subject relates to something I posted in my email club recently:

Did you know  that "one man's trash" is sometimes "EVERY man's trash"?

Every major auction company (EXCEPT eMoviePoster.com) ONLY wants you to consign your "premium items, those that sell in the hundreds of dollars each. One even has a truly insane $5,000 minimum consignment value (they literally say they will turn you away if you "only" have one $4,000 item or four $1,000 items)!

But we at eMoviePoster.com will take ALL you have, even including very low value items (even ones that might auction for next-to-nothing, as proven by our auctioning over ten thousand items for just $1, $2, or $3 each, year in and year out. The ONLY requirement we have put on such low value items is that you HAVE to allow us to put the ones we feel certain will sell for very little into "bulk lots" (and once a month we have an auction of hundreds of bulk lots, that contain at least ten thousand items each time).

Generally this has worked out really well. We absolutely lose money on EVERY item we auction for nine dollars each or under, but it allows our consignors to sell everything they have in one easy transaction, and it lets our buyers get some really low priced items, so everybody ends up happy (and we too end up happy, because along with all those very low priced items we also get consigned enough much higher priced items that we end up making money overall.

But lately, we have had people taking us TOO literally when we say we will sell all you have, because sometimes we get some consignment packages that are almost completely worthless! Now I know full well that in the vast majority of these cases the consignors are hoping that "one man's trash is someone else's treasure", but far more often the sad truth is that often "one man's trash" is sometimes "EVERY man's trash"!

I am not talking about cases where there is any doubt! Consider that one person sent us several hundred newer rolled one-sheets, where the theater had put them to a wall with pieces of duct tape, and after using them, they had folded them up, causing the fronts of many posters to stick together. These posters had absolutely NO value at all, and it cost the person a good amount of money to send them to us, when he should have just carried them out to the dumpster.

Or consider the person who sent us a few boxes of old Entertainment Weekly's that had gotten somewhat dirty and moldy. Or the person who sent us a box of folded one-sheets where the posters had gotten wet and you could not fully open any of them.

If you have considered consigning, and you have ANY thought that your items might have value, it is fine to go ahead and send them. But if you know in your heart that some of those items have no value at all (like the examples we gave above) but you hate the idea of throwing them out, please reconsider, because you will be doing yourself and us a favor by throwing them out!

But PLEASE don't take this too far! I have several times had the heartbreaking experience where someone has sent me 1920s or 1930s movie posters or lobby cards where they commented that "they threw away the ones that had gotten dirty". These days, restorers can rescue some incredibly damaged items (but this doesn't work with low value damaged items, because the cost of restoration is usually far more than the post-restoration value of the items).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 01:33:05 AM by erik1925 »

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1012 on: February 05, 2017, 09:02:24 AM »
Some complete fool scheduled our largest ever auction (just under sixteen THOUSAND items in 683 bulk lots at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/15.html) to end beginning at 3 PM CST right when the Super Bowl is happening!

This means there may be even MORE great buys in these bulk lots than there usually are (and it really contains a "super" selection, as will be apparent when you look over them at the above link)!

This month's offering (we do an auction like this solely of "bulk lots" once a month) represents a great opportunity to get fantastic bargains on all types of movie paper (and a fair amount of non-movie paper too), and as noted above, there are just under 16,000 items, the most we've ever auctioned at one time!

These contain something for every collector, and dealers will love the under wholesale prices on many of the lots! As of right now, with a day and a half to go, a truly unbelievable 134 of these lots are at just one dollar, and the rest are almost all currently at FAR under low wholesale prices (in fact, a high percentage of them are at just pennies per item!).

Remember that on OUR auctions there are NO buyers premiums, so $1 is REALLY $1, and NOT "$1, plus $19 buyers premium", and with these bulk lots, you pay only the actual cost of shipping them to you (plus $3 for packing materials) and we WILL combine your purchases into as few packages or tubes as possible!

Whether you would be buying these to add to your collection at joke low prices, or whether you would be buying to re-sell online, or through a store or at collectible shows, you will likely never get a chance to get greater bargains! If you ARE planning on re-selling them, know that upon request, we will provide the buyer of any lot (but only the buyer!) with unwatermarked large images of every item you purchased, which means you can save a ton of time and get the items quickly listed on eBay or to your site!

Unlike many sellers of bulk lots, we at eMoviePoster.com always picture EVERY single item in every bulk lot, so you always know exactly what you will be receiving, and just how great a deal each bulk lot is at the price you pay! If YOU want to take advantage of these unbelievably low-priced bulk lots, then you need to visit the above link well before they begin closing on Sunday at 3 PM CST, because it takes a while to look at over 15,907+ items in 683 lots!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1013 on: February 07, 2017, 06:56:02 AM »
If you have looked at our current 999 folded one-sheets, you might ask yourself "Why are 233 of them closing in hours at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/13.html still at just ONE DOLLAR, and why, oh why are well over HALF of them just $1 to $4 with hours to go?"

The answer might lie in its taking place soon before our March Major Auction begins, but a far BETTER question to ask yourself is "Why am I not bidding on these super-low priced posters, which include many rarities from all years and genres?"!

Remember that when we say "$1", we really mean "$1" and NOT "$1, plus $19 buyers premium" found on another auction site. At these prices they cost less than wrapping paper (so you could get a bunch of these and use them that way, but to us that would be a sin).

But you could buy a bunch and start a collection, or you could slap them on eBay at $9.99 each and make a bundle, or you could sell them from your website (we can provide buyers with unwatermarked giant images of their purchases, so that is super easy to do with virtually NO work on your part).

Plus, no matter how many of these you buy today, the U.S. shipping is just $12, even if you get 100 of them (actual cost anywhere else). And using our unique "Pay and Hold" system, you can get all you want over a three week period (six weeks outside the U.S.) and you pay just $12 U.S. shipping for everything as long as it fits in one package safely.

And you can pay for your purchases entirely within our "Checkout 2.0", which even works with "Pay and Hold" orders, which saves you a fortune on shipping! So why not go to the above link right now and start "stealing" some fun movie posters?

So why not start looking over these 999 folded one-sheets right now, and start finding that perfect poster to display in your home, one that may well cost you less than a cup of coffee at Starbucks, and will surely give you many years of viewing pleasure?

If you have looked at our current 999 folded one-sheets, you might ask yourself "Why are 233 of them closing in hours at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/13.html still at just ONE DOLLAR, and why, oh why are well over HALF of them just $1 to $4 with hours to go?"

The answer might lie in its taking place soon before our March Major Auction begins, but a far BETTER question to ask yourself is "Why am I not bidding on these super-low priced posters, which include many rarities from all years and genres?"!

Remember that when we say "$1", we really mean "$1" and NOT "$1, plus $19 buyers premium" found on another auction site. At these prices they cost less than wrapping paper (so you could get a bunch of these and use them that way, but to us that would be a sin).

But you could buy a bunch and start a collection, or you could slap them on eBay at $9.99 each and make a bundle, or you could sell them from your website (we can provide buyers with unwatermarked giant images of their purchases, so that is super easy to do with virtually NO work on your part).

Plus, no matter how many of these you buy today, the U.S. shipping is just $12, even if you get 100 of them (actual cost anywhere else). And using our unique "Pay and Hold" system, you can get all you want over a three week period (six weeks outside the U.S.) and you pay just $12 U.S. shipping for everything as long as it fits in one package safely.

And you can pay for your purchases entirely within our "Checkout 2.0", which even works with "Pay and Hold" orders, which saves you a fortune on shipping! So why not go to the above link right now and start "stealing" some fun movie posters?

So why not start looking over these 999 folded one-sheets right now, and start finding that perfect poster to display in your home, one that may well cost you less than a cup of coffee at Starbucks, and will surely give you many years of viewing pleasure?

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 06:57:10 AM by BruceH »

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #1014 on: February 07, 2017, 09:28:26 PM »
I forget, who can we email over there to get images of posters we won?

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1015 on: February 07, 2017, 09:47:49 PM »
Send me a private message, or email to phillip@emovieposter.com

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1016 on: February 07, 2017, 09:55:32 PM »
It is now TOO LATE to consign to our March Major Auction which starts February 26th, so return to our site on that date and start bidding (and this auction truly has something for EVERY collector, including these three great one-sheets and an ultra-rare Star Wars 7-sheet)!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #1017 on: February 07, 2017, 10:16:22 PM »
"We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,262,000 to date from over 1,949 consignors."

I am impressed the average consignor consigns 647 posters thumbsup.gif  The average consigner must sure be pleased with the EMP service.

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1018 on: February 07, 2017, 11:22:07 PM »
"We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,262,000 to date from over 1,949 consignors."

I am impressed the average consignor consigns 647 posters thumbsup.gif  The average consigner must sure be pleased with the EMP service.

Thanks. Some people consign a single poster, and some consign truckloads. What is most impressive is that a very high percentage the world's collectors and dealers are either buyers or consignors. When I entered the room at Cinevent last year, just about every person selling from a table was a consignor of ours.

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #1019 on: February 08, 2017, 11:55:29 PM »
It is now TOO LATE to consign to our March Major Auction which starts February 26th, so return to our site on that date and start bidding (and this auction truly has something for EVERY collector, including these three great one-sheets and an ultra-rare Star Wars 7-sheet)!

Damn! I knew I should have sent sooner.

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1020 on: February 09, 2017, 07:26:41 AM »
If you like lobby cards, you are going to LOVE our current auctions of 999 complete and incomplete lobby card sets (7,054 cards in all) closing in HOURS at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/14.html, because they represent a really great lobby card buying opportunity!

Think I am exaggerating? Think again, because as of this writing, with just hours to go, there are 149 of these sets at $1 or with no bid and HALF at just $1 to $5! Since all of these have at least 2 cards, and over THREE QUARTERS of them are complete sets of 8 or more, this means many are well under just a DOLLAR per card and many are just PENNIES per card.

And on all the sets (not just the lowest priced ones, but all of them, even the highest priced ones), almost ALL of them are FAR under where the same or similar sets have sold for in the past (and in some cases, you will likely be able to buy a complete or incomplete set for little more than what most dealers would charge for the title card or one of the better scenes)!

Remember that on OUR auctions there are NO buyers premiums, so $1 is REALLY $1, and NOT "$1, plus $19 buyers premium", and you pay just $12 U.S. shipping no matter how many of these you get, even if you get 100 sets! If you focus on the least expensive cards, you may be able to buy a giant box of many hundreds of cards, and have it cost just $100 or so, INCLUDING U.S. shipping!

If you are a fan of older lobby cards, know that nearly half of these are from the 1950s and earlier, and many of these older cards offer the absolute best values, even though many of these titles are extremely rare! Are you only interested (or mostly interested) in a specific genre, star, studio, or decade? Don't forget to use our "Search Filters" which are located to the left of our auction galleries.

For example, in the case of these lobby card auctions, they include 117 horror/sci-fi sets (including some excellent titles), and you can see just those by clicking on the Search Filter that says "horror/sci-fi", and the same is true for all the other filters, like "cowboy western", "crime", "Walt Disney", "Sean Connery", "Clint Eastwood", or for the 87 lobby card sets that are solely from the 1940s, and on and on! Using these Search Filters well makes your time spent in our galleries FAR more productive, and once you get used to them, you won't know how you ever lived without them (and there is no other auction site that has similar Search Filters that work like ours do!).

But there is no way you can look through 999 lobby card sets in just a short while, so please don't wait until right before they close and instead start looking these over soon to give yourself plenty of time to place your bids, so YOU can be getting some the great deals that surely will be made when these close in a few hours. And remember that you can pay for your purchases entirely within our "Checkout 2.0", which even works with "Pay and Hold" orders, which saves you a fortune on shipping!

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #1021 on: February 09, 2017, 10:27:20 PM »
This is going to be one of our best auctions EVER! See more previews of great items in the auction here: http://www.emovieposter.com/learnmore/?page=consign_major

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1022 on: February 09, 2017, 11:40:56 PM »
A Star Wars 24-sheet?!?!  Impressive. 

ECONOMY PROOF!  ;)

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1023 on: February 10, 2017, 01:30:32 AM »
My bank balance is hurting already - looking forward to the auction and best of luck to you Bruce, hopefully its your best auction yet!!!!
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #1024 on: February 10, 2017, 01:45:51 AM »
Don't forget to use our "Search Filters" which are located to the left of our auction galleries.

For example, in the case of these lobby card auctions, they include 117 horror/sci-fi sets (including some excellent titles), and you can see just those by clicking on the Search Filter that says "horror/sci-fi", and the same is true for all the other filters, like "cowboy western", "crime", "Walt Disney", "Sean Connery", "Clint Eastwood", or for the 87 lobby card sets that are solely from the 1940s, and on and on! Using these Search Filters well makes your time spent in our galleries FAR more productive, and once you get used to them, you won't know how you ever lived without them (and there is no other auction site that has similar Search Filters that work like ours do!).

I have to say Bruce, I do really like those search filters.  When you have specific collecting interests, the filters do make it a lot more convenient to browse the auction items.