Author Topic: eMoviePoster.com News  (Read 406933 times)

Bruce

eMoviePoster.com News
« on: February 10, 2010, 12:22:01 AM »
In my weekly e-mail club (5,900+ members) I am holding a series of 8 polls to see what members can pick the most correct winners of the top 8 Oscar categories!

The Grand Prize will be at least $1,000 retail and there will be runner-up prizes. If you are not already a member, go to http://www.emovieposter.com/mail/clubsignup.php and join. If you are already a member, be sure to vote in the first two polls before this coming Friday morning (it just takes a minute to vote, and it may be YOU getting that Grand Prize!).
Bruce

Juli

Oh goody, this sounds like fun. I wanted to make a bet with someone that believes Avatar will not win Best Picture, and bet them that it will win Best Picture. This is the next best thing, so thanks.

~ Juli

Carson

Now THAT is a poster prize!

I'm in. Thanks for the fun, Bruce. Have you done this in years past and I've just missed it? Define $1000 retail for us if you would. Thanks.

Bruce

I mean I will send the person who picks the most correct of the 8 categories a mix of vintage posters and out-of-print books that I sell on my site for at least $1,000.

Best of luck Juli. I am rooting for you!

Bruce

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
A $1000 credit to your site would be better :)

Bruce

$10,000 credit would be even better! Can I put you down for $1,000 of it? If I get nine guys to put up $1,000 each, I'll put up the last $1,000.

This is something that takes around a minute to do, once a week for 4 weeks. I am sorry the prize is not good enough!  ::)

Bruce

Carson

No one's complaining about the prize. It's sounds like fun. $1000 credit crossed Harry's mind just as it would anyone's at first glance reading: "The Grand Prize will be at least $1,000 retail". The choice of wording leaves room for such a possibility in mind of the reader which is why the wording is used in part. "$1000 worth of poster books and a mix of vintage posters" gets it across more directly. I'm looking forward to the contest, myself.

Bruce

Thanks Carson. I don't see anyone else giving ANYTHING free. They are too busy collecting their 20% buyer's premiums.

As of right now, only around 100 people have entered, and there are only two days to go on the first two. A one in 100 chance of winning $1,000 in ANYTHING seems like a pretty sweet deal to me, but of course I am not forcing anyone to enter!

Bruce  ;D

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Hey, Bruce, I deleted my weekly email message after I put about 100 of those gorgeous Japanese posters on my watch list.  How does one enter if he's already on the email list but can't retrieve the email?  Am I shit out of luck?

Bruce

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: How many people does it take to auction 2,000 posters every week?
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 10:16:20 PM »
I'm missing some of those shirts!!!! DAMMIT!!!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

wonka

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 10:23:19 PM »
Ha good stuff...
But I want NAMES, dammit!  I wanna see who I have communicated with.  (And birthdays, social security numbers, etc...)

And as Holiday mentioned...I want some of those other shirts!  Wasp Woman!  2001!  Thin Man!  You guys should sell these, I would wear them all day.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 10:25:49 PM »
Nerds!
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 11:23:17 PM »
great shot bruce!
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 12:30:11 AM »
Hmmm, I was thinking this is your staff Bruce.........am I wrong?
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 11:34:16 AM »

the people who are irritated by semi advertorial posts deserve to be irritated.

so..........buy movie posters at CineMasterpieces.com  :-*

Bruce

Our Spring 2010 Mini/Major Auction has begun, and it is truly our very best auction since our "major" auctions ended in 2005!

Our Spring 2010 Mini/Major Auction has begun! We know that the two parts of it (ending on the 4th and 6th of May) contains an incredible selection of movie paper, and best of all, it covers all genres and years, and all sizes (from lobby cards to six-sheets), with an excellent selection of non-U.S. sizes.  See below for full details of what is in both sets of auctions!

To make buying from these auctions irresistible, we offer our very best bonus t-shirt ever to EVERY buyer (even if they only purchase one $1 item)!  We bet that lots of people will find one item to buy from these auctions just to get this great t-shirt, which they can't get any other way!  Click HERE to see an image of what will appear on the new t-shirt.

ARE YOU A MEMBER OF OUR E-MAIL CLUB (6,195 movie paper collectors are!)?  If you are, then you will qualify for our incredible added bonuses.  If you are not a club member, know that we will be offering our most generous bonus offers ever to those who purchase just FIVE items from either or both of the two parts combined (you need just purchase a total of five items from both parts). We will have multiple great offers for those who purchase as few as five items, and as many as twelve or more, and you get these just for being a member of the club. So if you are not already a member, then why not join today by going to http://www.emovieposter.com/mail/clubsignup.php .

wonka

Just wondering, has anyone here received their Mini/Major order?  Anyone haven't as of yet?

guest8

Nope, but i paid late too ..

tstatum

I haven't received mine either.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
Just wondering, has anyone here received their Mini/Major order?  Anyone haven't as of yet?

Got it today  ;D

Dr Hackenbush

Yups  :)

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
That's the best shirt yet. Too bad I missed that one.

Chad

wonka

Thanks for the feedback, fellas.

I haven't recieved my order either, and haven't gotten any response to my inquiries.  Was just scratching my head because I paid right away.
Guess I'm spoiled to the regularly ultra fast shipping here...hope to get it soon.