Author Topic: Fake Movie Poster Sellers Hall of Shame on MPC  (Read 43954 times)

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
Re: Fake Movie Poster Sellers Hall of Shame on MPC
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2012, 08:15:57 PM »
Here's a link to Loce's lawsuit against Time Warner.

The guy is totally first class.  Read this section from the opinion:

I'd read this last week, there's more on this and other similar stuff. The poster issue is one thing, this is another altogether - the guys makes me sick to my stomach. Given his advancing years I hope he has made peace with himself because there is very few if any that will feel much sympathy for his passing.
David

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2012, 12:30:55 AM »
Hysterical!  Can you imagine how odd it must be to "host" a show where you share your fantasies about the strippers you interviewing.  There must be a diagnosis to go along with that.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:32:59 AM by holiday »
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2012, 12:43:49 AM »
He will never show up here. He's a pariah on these boards and nobody here will buy from him, so why would he? He stays in business primarily from fleecing newbies who don't join these forums (or even know they exist).

I always welcome him, Gregg, and the others.  Tom's email correspondence with you is actually pretty funny.   Quite a difference from what you would get from the Egghead!  

I've bought from Tom and Gregg before.  I've also bought from Bradburried. If you're smart, and careful, they all have some good stuff to offer from time to time.  But, I do agree with Mel's assessment that if they are selling even one poster that's a fake, that makes them worthy of the Hall of Shame.

Someone once told me that if you steal 10% of the time and are honest the other 90% of the time - you're still a thief.  I don't think any of them get that.  Selling 1000 perfectly legitimate posters is overshadowed by selling a single fake with knowledge that it's a fake or that its authenticity is seriously questioned.  

What's really interesting is that they even care that Mel has them listed.  I have to hand it to Mel - he's done quite a job of positioning himself as a player in the hobby.  I'm glad he's with the Forces of Light!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:44:44 AM by holiday »
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2012, 02:20:50 AM »
I always welcome him, Gregg, and the others.  

I don't get that statement one bit, nor can I agree with it.

These are people who knowingly rip off collectors by (continuing to) sell fakes, that you would welcome them on to these boards essentially means you find their actions as acceptable on some level. People like that should be drummed out not welcomed in. This may be an uncensored board but one would have thought you would draw the line at illegal activity.
David

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2012, 02:40:45 AM »
because its fun to argue with them (I assume)
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2012, 03:11:48 AM »
It's fun to argue with honest people too.

Arguing with dishonest people doesn't achieve anything, look at the correspondence between Loce and Mel. Loce could care less, he thrives on being in the spotlight. Allowing them in here so they can say (for instance) "I am also a member of one of the biggest poster forums in world" just helps their cause.

Not taking responsibility to try to clean up the hobby (as Mel is attempting for instance) because a few people want to have 'fun arguing' is not fair on those who new people who might just want to join this hobby in the future.
David

ozcinemagic

« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2012, 08:16:31 AM »
It's fun to argue with honest people too.

Arguing with dishonest people doesn't achieve anything, look at the correspondence between Loce and Mel. Loce could care less, he thrives on being in the spotlight. Allowing them in here so they can say (for instance) "I am also a member of one of the biggest poster forums in world" just helps their cause.

Not taking responsibility to try to clean up the hobby (as Mel is attempting for instance) because a few people want to have 'fun arguing' is not fair on those who new people who might just want to join this hobby in the future.

There's a Woolworths in every town. They rip me off every time I walk in!

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2012, 02:47:15 PM »
I don't get that statement one bit, nor can I agree with it.

These are people who knowingly rip off collectors by (continuing to) sell fakes, that you would welcome them on to these boards essentially means you find their actions as acceptable on some level. People like that should be drummed out not welcomed in. This may be an uncensored board but one would have thought you would draw the line at illegal activity.

I welcome the discourse.  I don't abide by what they do, but we're not communists here and even the bad guys get to speak and we get to speak back.  The day that's not accepted behavior is the day that Thierry and I shut this place down.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2012, 03:07:11 PM »
Very well put.

Stew

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »
I welcome the discourse.  I don't abide by what they do, but we're not communists here and even the bad guys get to speak and we get to speak back.  The day that's not accepted behavior is the day that Thierry and I shut this place down.

All you are doing is hiding behind the free speech thing. Illegal is illegal, if you welcome it just for the sake of poking fun at it for your own amusement then that's not taking a stand on the behalf of all those who may be hurt by their actions, that's simply condoning it.

Society in general takes action against those who actively participate in illegal activity but you would consider that to be communist behaviour? People who don't take a stand because it might rock the boat or be anti 'the rights of others' need to really take into consideration how those rights they have so righteously granted may in fact affect others.

If you held a party at your place would you not take the keys off a drunk so they could not drive and did not possibly hurt someone else by their act of driving? Is that the act of a communist or of someone who looks at the bigger picture?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 04:01:30 PM by Silhouette »
David

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2012, 07:00:42 PM »
I agree with Holiday that they should be allowed to join and say their piece.  

As a practical matter, they won't for a variety of reasons:

First and foremost, they think we're irrelevant. Their Ebay feedback rating is their core asset, which allows them to fleece newbies who never visit forums.

Second, they have nothing to gain, since most high-level collectors have made up their minds about them and won't buy posters from them.

Loce only noticed me because Bruce referenced me in his weekly newsletter and somebody on MOPO wrote about that article.

However, I'm sure they're surprised I'm not intimidated by their amateur litigation threats. They would be destroyed in court by any competent lawyer, of course.  First thing you do is request all their purchase records from poster distributors and the game's over.  Loce creates - and probably prints - most of his posters from images from MPDB and has no purchase records.  

They've succeeded in intimidating everybody else to date because it would cost a non-lawyer thousands of dollars to defend against a defamation lawsuit. Not an issue with me.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:09:35 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2012, 07:31:52 PM »
The reasons he won't come in here are irrelevant, people don't want to hear what he has to say they just want to line up and take verbal pot shots at the guy which will add no value to this hobby one bit. What he does is illegal, why pander to him and his inflated ego?

In Loce's case he is the lowest of the low, sit down in front of the computer and read this http://rochesternow.org/lwsfaq.html with your wife or daughter sitting alongside and say it's OK to let him speak. You'll not change him nor deter him by having him in here and I would also certainly think it would be an insult to the honest traders who are also members of this forum.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:52:48 PM by Silhouette »
David

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2012, 08:56:33 PM »
The reasons he won't come in here are irrelevant, people don't want to hear what he has to say they just want to line up and take verbal pot shots at the guy which will add no value to this hobby one bit. What he does is illegal, why pander to him and his inflated ego?

In Loce's case he is the lowest of the low, sit down in front of the computer and read this http://rochesternow.org/lwsfaq.html with your wife or daughter sitting alongside and say it's OK to let him speak. You'll not change him nor deter him by having him in here and I would also certainly think it would be an insult to the honest traders who are also members of this forum.

I agree with David.
But the argument is moot.
None of them have the balls to post here and never will.

ozcinemagic

« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »
The seller/dealer vs collector ratio is pretty lopsided here. In general there is a fair amount of negative sentiment in the direction of sellers, I find. Be good to see it more balanced, regardless of reputations & hearsay evidence.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2012, 09:33:50 AM »
The seller/dealer vs collector ratio is pretty lopsided here. In general there is a fair amount of negative sentiment in the direction of sellers, I find. Be good to see it more balanced, regardless of reputations & hearsay evidence.

Actually, I think it is pretty balanced.  However, every dealer except Rich and to some extent Bruce only contribute to... well, sell.
-Jay-

Bruce

« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2012, 11:27:15 AM »
Not true about me! I have no time for discussing politics or life in general here, so I don't participate in those threads.

But whenever I see a question I can help on, I wait to see if anyone posts an answer (so I can't be accused of doing it to promote my auctions) and if no one does, I answer.

I only post stuff about my auctions in the for sale or dealer's forum areas, so I should never be promoting my auctions to people who don't want to see those posts.

Also, I don't suddenly start posting as I have auctions to promote, and then vanish again, as some do!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:28:40 AM by Bruce »

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2012, 08:13:51 PM »
Actually, I think it is pretty balanced.  However, every dealer except Rich and to some extent Bruce only contribute to... well, sell.

Sean also

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

ozcinemagic

« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2012, 08:51:22 PM »
I suppose Mopo is where the dealers congregate. Nice to hear a variety of viewpoints though.

benji864

« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2013, 05:13:33 PM »
Hello

What do you think Movie Poster ? They sells the fake or original

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2013, 06:11:18 PM »
 welcome1 benji. There are a lot of fake posters out there in this hobby. The sellers will sell the fakes to make a profit. It would not make sense for them to sell the original. Why would they want to get rid of the poster that has value to it when the fakes are garbage. I hope that answers your question.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2013, 08:20:55 PM »
Hello

What do you think Movie Poster ? They sells the fake or original

Welcome benji.
Which 'Movie Poster' do you mean?
There are many with the words 'movie poster' in their name.

Maybe you can post a link?
 cheers

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2013, 08:45:43 PM »
Welcome benji.
Which 'Movie Poster' do you mean?
There are many with the words 'movie poster' in their name.

Maybe you can post a link?
 cheers

His post had me a little confused as well. That is why I just posted what I did lol.

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2013, 07:24:18 PM »
movieposter.com?
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2014, 07:12:35 AM »
I know some other people who need some jail time:

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2014, 07:09:51 PM »
Benji ROCKS
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!