Author Topic: Fake Movie Poster Sellers Hall of Shame on MPC  (Read 43953 times)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
Re: Fake Movie Poster Sellers Hall of Shame on MPC
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2012, 12:48:18 PM »
Bradburied is currently not selling any post-2000 original posters.

Not exactly correct. He just lists them wrong as he has this in the 90-99 section.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 12:49:09 PM by Zorba »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2012, 09:48:58 PM »
Not sure what happened to Randy/Bradburied or in all honesty, how much he honestly knows/cares about what he has that is fake or not.

What I do know for a fact is that he was one of the major players in buying all papers from the closing NSS facility in Cleveland. He had unused rolls and rolls of original Jaws, SW, 007, etc...stuff you usually find folded.

Not vouching for him and fakes he may have, but the guy has or had one of the biggest hauls in NSS closings in history to an extent.

Ben,

Randy certainly explains it all, doesnt he?  Just like Egbert, but not quite as wordy (and his CAP key isnt stuck on, either)  ;):

(A FEW FACTS TO HELP EXPLAIN WHY I HAVE SO MANY MINT ROLLED ORIGINAL MOVIE POSTERS FROM THE 1970’S & 1980’S & 90’s (& folded one sheets, LC sets etc.) 1. I HAD A LARGE MOVIE POSTER COLLECTORS STORE IN CLEVELAND OHIO FOR 18 YEARS OPENING IN 1978. 2. UP UNTIL 1992 MOST TITLES WERE PRINTED AT THE CLEVELAND NSS PLANT 3. I WAS A RETAILER AND MAJOR WHOLESALER FOR 20+ YEARS INCLUDING THE MAIN VOLUME DISTRIBUTOR FOR ALL OF KILIAN ENTERPRISES PROJECTS APROX. 25+ POSTERS, MOST LICENSED FROM LUCASFILMS. 4. MANY PREMO TITLES I SQUIRRELED AWAY, ROLLED WHENEVER POSSIBLE, FOR SALE AFTER I SOLD MY STORE (which I did in 1996), (Of course never dreaming of something as far reaching as eBay.) 4. HAD MANY DIRECT FROM STUDIO MASS QUANTITY PURCHASES 1982-1996. 5. IN 1986 I PURCHASED A VERY LARGE % OF THE NSS WAREHOUSE WHEN IT CLOSED & MADE A MAJOR TRADE WITH THE GUY WHO BOUGHT MOST OF THE CHICAGO NSS WAREHOUSE. 6. ALSO HUNDREDS OF SHOWS & HUNDREDS OF QUANTITY TRADES WITH MAJOR DEALERS. HOPE THIS HELPS ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS particularly about authenticity and the wow this seems too good to believe remark)

Thanks, Randy

-Jeff

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2012, 08:07:35 PM »
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2012, 12:36:15 AM »
Looks like he sells advertised, cheap repros?

-Jeff

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2012, 10:19:30 AM »
Yea, he is not being dishonest or misrepresenting them as original, I guess I just see them as bootlegs.  Particularly when you scan and print limited edition runs of other companies prints like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/POLTERGEIST-Movie-Poster-Horror-Paranormal-Activity-Speilberg-Hooper-Ghosts-/320824220862?pt=Art_Posters&var=&hash=item4ab29d1cbe
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2012, 11:35:44 AM »
There was another joint, Z something, that was buying originals, scanning for 27x40 prints, then selling the originals back off.

I think repro's have their place as long as not trying to fool anyone.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2012, 11:53:23 AM »
There was another joint, Z something, that was buying originals, scanning for 27x40 prints, then selling the originals back off.

I think repro's have their place as long as not trying to fool anyone.

Agreed.  There is a group over at AVSForums that are scanning posters and having them printed on fabric so they can make sound absorbing panels that look like posters.  They get good results, and I have no issues as long as they have the backup poster.
-Jay-

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2012, 02:45:57 PM »
Unless the copyright owner (Mondo most likely) has licensed repros of that Poltergeist print, they are illegal repros. It is 100% irrelevant whether that seller owns a physical legal copy of that poster. I don't know where you're coming up with the "backup" copy concept.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »
I guess I didn't realize we were discussing a Mondo.  The AVS folks are mostly doing theatrical wide release stuff.
-Jay-

Posterodyssey

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2012, 02:03:52 AM »
Add "rokmodataol' to the list.Rick,has been known to delve in minty whites.

Loce,does have another ebay id.Either his or his buddy,Ed's.I can't recall what it is.I'm thinking 'king of posters' for some reason.I can't say for sure.Have to research that somehow.

Anthony

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2012, 02:08:49 AM »
yeah thats loce, or was.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2012, 08:16:20 AM »
Thanks for the reminder. I'll induct Rick Toler into the HOS soon....

RICK TOLER,
RICKS HOLLYWOOD,
2301 CORNERSTONE AVE,
CLAREMORE, OK 74017,
EBAY ID: ROKMODATAOL,
918-341-RICK (7425)

Here are his fake Star Wars listings:

Style B:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-STAR-WARS-Style-B-Advance-Style-C-/160162869851

I bet all these inserts are fake (although I don't buy inserts):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Original-STAR-WARS-Movie-Theater-Posters-/400149564848

Fake Spiderman:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Orig-2002-SPIDERMAN-Recalled-Twin-Towers-Advance-D-S-/400114878447

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2012, 08:20:35 AM »
Ed Richter, Rick Toler, Tom Loce and Randy (?) aka Brabdburied were called the Famous Four. I think the Canadian Poster Terrorists invented the term.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »
Ed Richter, Rick Toler, Tom Loce and Randy (?) aka Brabdburied were called the Famous Four. I think the Canadian Poster Terrorists invented the term.

We're so witty with our terms
Chris

Der Januskopf

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2012, 02:08:09 PM »
Based on all the posts, commentary from other members such as Thierry, why has the name of Greg Egbert not been included on this hall of shame listing. One only has to read posts here, on MPF or NSFGE to realize that this guy has dealt in questionable material, and burned customers, as well.

Only seems to make sense that his name should also be included.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:17:39 PM by Der Januskopf »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2012, 02:26:03 PM »
Based on all the posts, commentary from other members such as Thierry, why has the name of Greg Egbert not been included on this hall of shame listing. One only has to read posts here, on MPF or NSFGE to realize that this guy has dealt in questionable material, and burned customers, as well.

Only seems to make sense that his name should also be included.

I THINK IT MIGHT BE DUE TO THE FACT SOME OF US CAN'T HANDLE ANOTHER ALL CAPITALS DIATRIBE IN RESPONSE ;)
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2012, 09:19:03 PM »
STUFFED IF I KNOW. TO BE HONEST I DONT KNOW IF HE SELLS FAKES OR NOT BUT I MIGHT SUE YOU JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WHO I AM AND NOW I AM ANGRY WHY DONT YOU GET A LIFE AND THEN I CAN STOP SHOUTING BECAUSE MY THROAT IS GETTING SORE.

;)
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2012, 11:23:49 PM »
STUFFED IF I KNOW. TO BE HONEST I DONT KNOW IF HE SELLS FAKES OR NOT BUT I MIGHT SUE YOU JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WHO I AM AND NOW I AM ANGRY WHY DONT YOU GET A LIFE AND THEN I CAN STOP SHOUTING BECAUSE MY THROAT IS GETTING SORE.

;)

EXACTLY
Chris

Offline Dan

• Hobbyist
  • Dan
    • Dan Rickard Photography
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2012, 11:31:26 PM »
Canadian Poster Terrorists

A group that was misunderstood.

They were rebels...they went up against all odds...and found a voice after so many battles...they live now...only in my memories...

;0)
I put my pants on the same way as you...one leg at a time!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2012, 10:53:27 AM »
IMO Egbert does not belong in the Hall of Shame. He sells a few questionable posters like the Friday the 13th fan club restrike but those issues are adequately disclosed.  He's not like Tom Loce, who sells crappy repros as originals to newbies who don't know any better. 

Also, Egbert consigns to EmoviePoster.com, so many of you are indirectly buying his stuff, often for much more than you could buy it from him directly.  He also supplies - or has supplied - other well-known dealers. 

Bruce

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2012, 11:19:01 AM »
He HAS consigned posters to us, and they were all fine. Of course if he had sent us any repros we would have returned them to him.

He only consigned two of the Dark Knight poster. We keep getting it from many different consignors as well, which is why it is in every auction of rolled posters. Rare, it ain't (like many other modern posters).

Bruce

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2012, 06:10:49 PM »
Rare, it ain't (like many other modern posters).

Bruce

Good for you Bruce.

Wish some other "beloved" sellers would stop telling us how rare they are.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2012, 11:14:15 PM »
Good for you Bruce.

Wish some other "beloved" sellers would stop telling us how rare they are.

clap clap clap

-Jeff

Posterodyssey

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2012, 09:39:46 PM »
IMO Egbert does not belong in the Hall of Shame. He sells a few questionable posters like the Friday the 13th fan club restrike but those issues are adequately disclosed.  He's not like Tom Loce, who sells crappy repros as originals to newbies who don't know any better. 

Also, Egbert consigns to EmoviePoster.com, so many of you are indirectly buying his stuff, often for much more than you could buy it from him directly.  He also supplies - or has supplied - other well-known dealers.

There was a time when they weren't so adequately described,Mel.

Anthony

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2012, 09:47:23 AM »
I've had one conversation with Egbert.  I called him up a couple of years ago about some poster I had bought from him and he talked non-stop "stream-of-consciousness style" for 45 minutes about everything under the sun.  He admitted most of his posters were "junk," said that he had a high overhead and was losing money, how certain poster distributors were too expensive nowadays and he couldn't get posters from them anymore, etc.

One story I distinctly recall is that he started talking about Lord of the Rings and how certain LOTR actors were angry because they saw LOTR posters being sold on Ebay and wanted a cut of that money.  Who knows if that's true?  But he also said he hired homeless people to repair LOTR posters that the studio had thrown out. I guess it's true - just saw this today on Ebay (with his usual stream-of-consciousness gibberish writing):

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:48:45 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »