Author Topic: Moviepostersgallery.com  (Read 77434 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Moviepostersgallery.com
« Reply #325 on: July 13, 2021, 11:05:00 AM »
Ha, that's a good question.  Without a doubt, finding.  Once I receive a poster, I get it out of its box/tube, snap a quick picture of it and file it immediately.  It's usually in a flat file or in its tube the day of.  I hate clutter, so that's the only way to do it for me.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #326 on: April 21, 2022, 06:52:13 PM »
Something that made me smile.

I was at the coffee place where I go to every morning with my dog and I was chitchatting with one of the baristas there.  She's 25, going to law school and a big movie person.  In fact, she told me that some of her favorite movies were from the French New Wave and she particularly liked the 300 Blows.  I said, the 400 Blows?  She laughed and I told her that I collect movie posters and happen to have a French poster for the title.  I showed it to her and when she read the name of my website, she was like OMG, you're the one? and waved one of her co-workers over.  Now, I don't advertise my website much, mostly on here, never on social media, because I don't sell, which is what people are most interested in.  She went on to say that she took a cinema history class at USC and that her teacher showed the 100 or so in attendance a bunch of posters from my website by projecting them on a big screen.  That made me smile and I thought I'd share.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #327 on: April 22, 2022, 09:47:46 AM »
Something that made me smile.

I was at the coffee place where I go to every morning with my dog and I was chitchatting with one of the baristas there.  She's 25, going to law school and a big movie person.  In fact, she told me that some of her favorite movies were from the French New Wave and she particularly liked the 300 Blows.  I said, the 400 Blows?  She laughed and I told her that I collect movie posters and happen to have a French poster for the title.  I showed it to her and when she read the name of my website, she was like OMG, you're the one? and waved one of her co-workers over.  Now, I don't advertise my website much, mostly on here, never on social media, because I don't sell, which is what people are most interested in.  She went on to say that she took a cinema history class at USC and that her teacher showed the 100 or so in attendance a bunch of posters from my website by projecting them on a big screen.  That made me smile and I thought I'd share.

T

Cool! Always good when you hear from folk outside our collector bubble. That cinema history class sounds good fun.

Your website is in my browser's favourites and I check it regularly, always a pleasure to see what new bits you've added. It's also a very useful resource for when I'm trying to check the differences between designs or do a bit of research on a poster. 

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #328 on: April 22, 2022, 11:48:29 AM »
Agreed, that's a great story. I also regularly check your site, maybe you should start charging a subscription!?!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #329 on: April 22, 2022, 01:36:54 PM »
I'll tell you, this website was never intended to be anything, just for me to check my collection since everything is tucked away.  And then it got more and more visitors, not a lot, like 50/day, but more than I ever thought.  So to hear that it was used at USC was a treat.  And then to hear that you guys visit it doubles the treat :)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #330 on: April 22, 2022, 08:33:27 PM »
That is very cool indeed!
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #331 on: April 22, 2022, 11:29:47 PM »
That's awesome  :D!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #332 on: December 18, 2022, 01:45:28 AM »
Hey T. I hadn't checked your site in a while and did so just now. AMAZING stuff as always. But...those Bond and other "privavte commission" posters...what is the story with those? They are fantastic! Cheers!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #333 on: December 22, 2022, 10:05:07 AM »
"Private Commission" is what I label prints that are not from a recognizable source like Mondo.  They usually originate from individuals who run their own commissions out of FB.  A lot of times, a collector signs on without even having seen the print, let alone knowing who the artist is.  Some are great, some are terrible, but you still have to pay.  That's the nature of the beast.

Thanks for the kind words.  I have been really busy with other things, so collecting has really been an afterthought this year.  Hopefully next year will be better.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #334 on: August 18, 2023, 02:00:46 AM »
Fun fact.

With this bus shelter for Ahsoka, I am now 2023 posters away from the big 20,000.

There are many sub categories on the website, but here are some of my favs:
2,903 French posters - I just added 2 exquisite (IMO) and very rare posters for Le Salaire de la Peur (The Wages of Fear) by Henri-Georges Clouzot
1,881 Steven Spielberg posters (movies he directed and produced)
1,811 Japanese posters - including 562 B1s
1,045 UK Quads and UK OS
923 Numbered Prints - 100 more have been ordered but not yet delivered
916 Complete sets of US Lobby cards
815 Italian posters
641 US bus shelters
584 Brigitte Bardot posters
458 Star Wars posters
427 Clint Eastwood posters
283 Bond posters
278 François Truffaut posters
247 Francis Ford Coppola posters
193 Roman Polanski posters
183 Martin Scorsese posters
182 Alfred Hitchcock posters
166 Alien posters
165 Polish posters
160 Stanley Kubrick posters
139 Jean-Luc Godard posters
51 Hungarian posters

Here's to collecting  cheers

T
My Personal Collection

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #335 on: August 18, 2023, 07:00:57 AM »
Congratulations, those are some amazing stats! I wonder what will be the 20,000th entry? Hopefully it's a good one!

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #336 on: August 18, 2023, 09:29:28 AM »
Chapeau pour les 2 affiches du Salaire de la Peur!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #337 on: August 21, 2023, 11:54:39 AM »
Congratulations, those are some amazing stats! I wonder what will be the 20,000th entry? Hopefully it's a good one!

Thanks.  God willing, give it three, maybe four years hahaha. 

I've been collecting for 22 years now, it used to be about 1,000 posters a year or so, but I've slowed down quite a bit in recent years.  Probably because I am now looking at older, rarer and more expensive posters, because there is way too much linen out there and I won't touch that, or because modern posters are on their way out and have become way too expensive for what they are.

So yeah, three years seems right :)

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #338 on: August 21, 2023, 11:56:46 AM »
Chapeau pour les 2 affiches du Salaire de la Peur!

One of my favorite movies ever.  I was thinking of maybe posting them, but then I was like what's the point, no one will know what they are except Antoine hahaha.

thumbsup.gif

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #339 on: August 21, 2023, 05:20:28 PM »
Ooooo what a nice DEEP RED. I STILL need to find myself one. And I am jealous of your nonlinen BIRDS. Good for you.
I noticed you also have a MEG 2, which means you've seen the flick already. How was it? I HOPE it plays near me eventually...
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #340 on: August 21, 2023, 06:13:01 PM »
Thanks.  Which Deep Red?  I have 10 of them.

Deep Red

And yes, I have seen Meg 2 (terrible) but not at a movie theater hahaha.  I just liked shark posters.

T
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 06:19:06 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #341 on: October 01, 2023, 02:49:04 AM »
T: Ain't no poster mountain high enough!

Onward to 20K! Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #342 on: October 02, 2023, 12:46:34 AM »
Yup.  Already added 100 posters to the collection since I last posted here, so I'm on my way hahaha

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #343 on: November 01, 2023, 06:19:14 AM »
Nice Kill Bill B1s, T! I saw Hideyuki had those up, but didn't bid as I knew they'd go higher than I could afford (partly because he's such a trusted seller...his tubes are good fun to open).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 06:25:10 AM by Tob »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #344 on: November 01, 2023, 02:23:07 PM »
Nice Kill Bill B1s, T!

Well done there, T.  Probably one of very few existing full sets in that good of condition. 

his tubes are good fun to open).

Hideyuki's packaging is among the best and as you said it's fun seeing what chirashi, and sometimes other posters are included.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #345 on: November 01, 2023, 03:36:04 PM »
Well done there, T.  Probably one of very few existing full sets in that good of condition. 

Thanks gents.  Not full, unfortunately.  I have a very clear idea (albeit my idea) of what things are worth, and I set my snipes accordingly.  I was surprise to win three but I loss one, which is a little bit like not owning them at all because the set is incomplete, and I hate that.  Obviously, I will never own a full set (although I never thought I would own them at all hahaha).

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #346 on: November 01, 2023, 06:36:46 PM »
Thanks gents.  Not full, unfortunately.  I have a very clear idea (albeit my idea) of what things are worth, and I set my snipes accordingly.  I was surprise to win three but I loss one, which is a little bit like not owning them at all because the set is incomplete, and I hate that.  Obviously, I will never own a full set (although I never thought I would own them at all hahaha).

T

I'll keep an eye out for the missing one for you, I'm sure it'll appear at some point.

I was discussing sets with Skyjackers as I recently didn't go for a poster that is part of a two-poster set (as I was sure the other/missing poster wouldn't turn up)...then it turned up a few weeks later and I was kicking myself. Better an incomplete set with hope of finishing it one day, IMO!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #347 on: November 01, 2023, 10:38:10 PM »
I appreciate it, but based on the fact that I have wanted this set for 20 years and only saw it twice or three times, I am not holding my breath.  Although someone somewhere got one poster out of 4 and might chose to get rid of it at some point, since his/her chances of completing the set are even slimmer than mine.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #348 on: November 29, 2023, 12:53:23 AM »
I get a lot of messages telling me how nice my collection is, blah blah blah, I saw this poster on your website, blah blah blah, will you sell it to me (I never reply) or can you help me find it (most of the time).  I have tried to help a lot of folks, leading them here or there, and never ever hear from them again.  Not a thank you for your time, cheers, merci... nothing.  Basically people don't get what they want and tell me to fuck off.  It really makes one not to want to help people ever again.

Sorry, venting.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #349 on: November 29, 2023, 01:05:48 PM »
It's kinda weird that they ask if you want to sell when you have the message "NOT FOR SALE" right on the front page.  That's pretty impressive that you never plan on selling anything, as it seems like most collectors eventually become sellers.  I'd say to just suggest places where you'll be promoting places you think are best for the hobby - that way it's a win-win.