Author Topic: Moviepostersgallery.com  (Read 77433 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Eatbrie.com
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2017, 09:45:51 PM »
I had two posters linenbacked.  I know it's not like me, but Le Fils de Caroline Cherie by Noël has horrible paper and is impossible to find in mint condition, and the Halloween is one of two I own and the folds were clearly visible due to its shiny paper.  Good job by Mario.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2017, 10:23:45 PM »
Stunners, both of them T.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2017, 12:08:12 AM »
Thumbs up to Mario. He did those posters proud, T.

They look awesome.

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2017, 12:51:38 AM »
For my money, he and Dario are the best in the biz.  All the others, well, they just want your money.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2017, 01:41:54 AM »
I would also include Poster Mountain, Dan Miles (Backing To the Future) and 4th Cone Restoration as restorers who truly care about the work they do, as has been shown/posted by folks here on APF who have used them.

Ive used PM, and gone and met with John Davis and I never got the vibe that he was just out to take people's money. More expensive, yes, but then so are certain dealers. So it's all about choosing what and who works best with your budget.

And Ive used Mario, too.  thumbsup.gif
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 01:53:02 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2017, 02:15:44 AM »
More expensive, yes, but then so are certain dealers.

That's exactly it, and why I don't care about either.  Like you said, to each his own.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2017, 01:20:02 PM »

Mario backed and did very lite work on my Hungarian 2001 A1 and did an outstanding job. He admittedly had some difficulty with the silver/metallic paper that was used. He submitted a scan too me, and I let him know that were a few areas that I thought could be looked at again and he agreed. Was very happy with the finished job, communication, and turn around.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2017, 01:24:22 PM »
And you can't beat Mario's service (if you are more local to him) in that he comes and picks up and then drops off the finished poster(s).  thumbsup.gif

That's a great, personal touch, too, and getting to meet him face to face. And no shipping worries or concerns.

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2017, 07:00:24 PM »
That's it...  13,000 posters and lobby card sets at Eatbrie.com.  I'm waiting for a few B1s for The Last Jedi to arrive and was hoping that they would be here on Star Wars' 40th Anniversary and my 13,000th, but it is a B2 for Godard's La Chinoise that made the cut.

T

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:02:04 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2017, 08:56:19 PM »
Congratulations on your 13,000th poster in your collection (staggering...WOW!). BTW, i really LOVE that Australian HALLOWEEN you posted earlier. i have been wanting one for years. VERY nice...as are all of your other 12,999 posters. Zowie! My head is still spinning from the number... Ha! Bravo!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2017, 12:07:26 AM »
I just checked Emovie and it seems it shows up quite often.  6 times since 2010.  Not bad.  The next one will be yours, I'm sure.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2017, 12:13:09 AM »
Congrats on hitting the bid 1-3! 

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2017, 04:55:02 AM »
Good grief!

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2017, 09:33:42 AM »

Nice, T.

Impressive to say the least...

guest4955

« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2017, 08:34:37 AM »
So, show off a little T, do you have the largest modern-centric MP collection in the world? I bet you do. Mark Lawd is probably top 5 too.

I know the Morris Everetts and Dwight Clevelands have larger vintage collections.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2017, 11:40:46 AM »
So, show off a little T, do you have the largest modern-centric MP collection in the world? I bet you do. Mark Lawd is probably top 5 too.

I know the Morris Everetts and Dwight Clevelands have larger vintage collections.

I'm sure I don't have the largest collection of anything, except maybe the largest privately owned poster collection online.  That's it.

Remember, I only started collecting 17 years ago, so God willing, I intend to add a lot of posters to the collection over the next 17 years. 

Also, I won't go earlier than 1940.  I have zero interest in silent films and I only collect posters of movies I have seen.  These are my limitations.  And money of course.  I don't intend to spend more than $10k on a single poster.  Above $10k, I'd turn to fine art, not movie paper.

T
My Personal Collection

guest4955

« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2017, 12:09:21 PM »
Some of my last Heritage haul...  This is how I look at my stuff before I store it forever  ;D

I'll never understand this approach to the hobby but maybe half of collectors do the same thing...

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2017, 12:33:13 PM »
So, show off a little T, do you have the largest modern-centric MP collection in the world? I bet you do. Mark Lawd is probably top 5 too

No way Mel, most of my collection fits into two 10-drawer cabinets and pretty much the last six decades are evenly represented. I buy perhaps 30 - 50 posters a year.

Mark

guest4955

« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2017, 01:04:53 PM »
No way Mel, most of my collection fits into two 10-drawer cabinets and pretty much the last six decades are evenly represented. I buy perhaps 30 - 50 posters a year.

Mark

You and T are both being way too modest.

I had the privilege of perusing through your cabinets for two hours and got through only half your collection. You had/have many super-rare posters and some "unicorns," just for starters, many of which you've never publicized.

T's collection can be digitally perused by anyone of course.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2017, 01:19:36 PM »
And by the way, although it is true my collection is mostly modern (post 1980), I still have 800+ posters pre-1960.  So not a lot, for sure, but a few.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2017, 08:02:49 PM »
The reason why Star Wars will not die anytime soon.

My 3 1/2 year old son requested, and I mean REQUESTED, a Star Wars poster in the frame.  He is obsessed with Darth Vader.  Darth Vader T-shits, toys, pictures all over (he's actually wearing a USC/Darth Vader T-Shirt on the picture).  I showed him a bunch of posters and he chose this 40x60in poster.  Now, I ran a 1/2 marathon this morning, I've had 6 IPAs since, I don't really feel like going through a tube, but how can I say no to this little smile.

T
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 08:05:07 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

guest4955

« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2017, 12:17:07 AM »
A screenshot of your son's future website:

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2017, 09:30:33 AM »

With three sons under the age of 10 of my own, I concur that a kid's smile is kryptonite to most men's will power.

Great shot.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2017, 12:33:46 PM »
From his stance, I can tell that The Force is strong in your youngster.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2017, 04:10:30 PM »
A screenshot of your son's future website:

Well, considering I add between 1,200 and 1,400 posters a year, you are a tiny bit off there, Mr. Mel.  At 1,200/year, I would own 49,000 posters in 30 years.  That would be a pretty decent collection.

T
My Personal Collection