Author Topic: Moviepostersgallery.com  (Read 78316 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Eatbrie.com is now Moviepostersgallery.com
« Reply #300 on: May 06, 2020, 06:36:45 PM »
I've always loved that 2001 poster, I think it's beautiful. Congrats.

I dabble in collecting Kubrick.  It was time.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #301 on: May 09, 2020, 04:45:13 PM »
OMG, these people are driving me nuts.  Another person is inquiring if my posters are for sale, even though I specifically state that THEY ARE NOT!!!!  The only reason I mention it here is that his name sounds vaguely familiar.  Dwight Cleveland.  I don't follow the hobby so I don't know who's who, but I remember seeing his name.  Before I tell him to piss off, I thought I'd ask the forum.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #303 on: May 09, 2020, 07:39:18 PM »
That’s what it was and why the name sounded familiar.  Thanks Antoine.  So I will politely tell him to piss off, instead of my usual pre-written diatribe.  I had read about his collection but didn’t pay that much attention to it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2020, 01:20:59 AM »
I thought that name sounded familiar too.... I read this article a couple months ago.
https://westfaironline.com/122533/rhinebeck-collector-sued-for-1-1m-over-sale-of-rare-separate-cinema-archive/

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #305 on: May 10, 2020, 03:01:45 AM »
OMG, these people are driving me nuts.  Another person is inquiring if my posters are for sale, even though I specifically state that THEY ARE NOT!!!!  The only reason I mention it here is that his name sounds vaguely familiar.  Dwight Cleveland.  I don't follow the hobby so I don't know who's who, but I remember seeing his name.  Before I tell him to piss off, I thought I'd ask the forum.

T

How's it going T.

Maybe if you added to your excellent collection website "AT ANY PRICE" in brackets after the "These posters are NOT FOR SALE" it may help frighten a few more people off of pestering you about selling your posters, could be worth a try if it's annoying you so much?

Anyone on these forums already know 100% you'd never even consider selling one of your posters, but, maybe the people that keep annoying you don't know you well enough and think you may sell for a certain price etc. hence why you could try adding the "AT ANY PRICE"

Anyway, just a thought. hmmm.gif

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #306 on: May 11, 2020, 06:32:02 PM »
I've dealt with Dwight once. Cool fella.
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #307 on: May 12, 2020, 10:43:06 PM »
I've dealt with Dwight once. Cool fella.

I've had a few nice email exchanges with him.  He seems "normal", which I like.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #308 on: June 06, 2020, 07:45:23 PM »
15,000 posters now at https://moviepostersgallery.com/

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #309 on: June 09, 2020, 02:38:01 PM »
I just received a big batch of posters from HA (a year worth hahaha) so I decided to - very temporarily - put a couple up.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #310 on: June 09, 2020, 06:05:09 PM »
 boys 'bout to get their first boners.....

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #311 on: June 09, 2020, 06:20:15 PM »
Both gorgeous, but that Barbarella is something else. What an amazing poster  bed1

Was it fun opening the packages? Any you’d forgotten about?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #312 on: June 09, 2020, 06:29:49 PM »
Most of them!!!  I knew there was some good money in there, but aside from the Jedi 12 sheet, I had forgotten about most of them.  The Barbarella was actually a surprise.

I put some of the best ones down for a quick snap.  Strong winds prevented me from adding the rest.

T
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 06:32:15 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #313 on: June 09, 2020, 07:50:55 PM »
Wow, nice haul, T.  Some real classics and an instant very good collection for most people!  Okie

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #314 on: June 10, 2020, 02:41:49 AM »
Hey! T,

Congrats on your latest batch of posters mate, not a single dud amongst them, all great!

I agree with Okie, many collector's would be happy owning just this one batch of posters.

All look in tip top condition as well, the 12 sheet Jedi looks practically MINT in your picture notworthy.gif

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #315 on: June 10, 2020, 02:45:09 PM »
That would be a very small collection hahaha

Yes, I have a thing about condition.  I pass on so many posters because of tears, or pin holes, or creases.  I like my stuff clean.  Which also means that it takes much longer to get what I want.  I’ve seen posters I want pass me by a dozen times because of condition.  I’ll get them one day :)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #316 on: June 13, 2020, 05:27:12 PM »
Oooooo Ahhhhhh!  How had I not seen these yet? ZOWIE! I am especially taken with the FORBIDDEN PLANET and BARBARELLA posters. Nifty!!!  Wow! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #317 on: June 14, 2020, 09:19:07 AM »
Sweet Barbarella Thierry! thumbsup.gif

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Moviepostersgallery.com
« Reply #318 on: January 26, 2021, 03:21:31 PM »
16,000 posters and lobby card sets at Moviepostersgallery.com

We, at Moviepostersgallery.com, thrive to give you a range of different posters from the 40s on.  Nothing extremely rare, but a few good ones.

This

is what brought us over the edge.

From our team at Moviepostersgallery.com
My Personal Collection

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #319 on: January 26, 2021, 04:01:31 PM »
Congrats T!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #320 on: January 26, 2021, 05:23:10 PM »
Nice!

I missed todays sale due to work so I am short of 16,000 for now.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #321 on: February 02, 2021, 09:45:03 PM »
That sure is a nice Drac image, T!  16,000 is quite impressive.  Okie

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #322 on: July 13, 2021, 01:57:11 AM »
In the "Yes it's true" category, I have now been collecting posters for 20 years, pretty much to the month.  While it certainly doesn't make me any younger, I still feel, God willing of course, that I have a lot of growth ahead of me.  So "Yeah!" to my first 20 years in this tiny hobby of ours.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #323 on: July 13, 2021, 03:03:40 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You have some AMAZING posters. You've amassed so many. And your organization skills with yhem...unparalleled and amazing.  Bravo! Here's to the next 20 years of collecting.  Cheers
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #324 on: July 13, 2021, 03:16:48 AM »
In the "Yes it's true" category, I have now been collecting posters for 20 years, pretty much to the month.  While it certainly doesn't make me any younger, I still feel, God willing of course, that I have a lot of growth ahead of me.  So "Yeah!" to my first 20 years in this tiny hobby of ours.

T

Very very nice!   I wonder what takes most of your time, prospecting and bidding, storing posters or photographing and uploading them...
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.