Author Topic: Moviepostersgallery.com  (Read 78542 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Eatbrie.com is now Moviepostersgallery.com
« Reply #275 on: January 12, 2019, 06:01:20 PM »
The old one was never really a site for anyone but myself.  My wife created it in 2001 when I had 50 posters to my name.  It was just a way for me to look at my posters, since I’ve never been into framing and displaying my gear.  Obviously, it grew.  At some point, I realized that other collectors were checking it out and that it was time for a revamp.  Thus the new one.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2019, 07:29:20 PM »
So I think I said this before, but I never did it. 

I'll be adding a lot more of my crap on the front page of my website, mostly bad stuff, but sometimes something half decent will find its way there.  Just FYI.

https://moviepostersgallery.com/

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2019, 10:51:44 PM »
Great revamp!
- Eric

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #278 on: February 06, 2019, 05:21:38 PM »
Zowie! I agree! Great revamp. It is so much easier to navigate (I think).
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2019, 06:30:55 PM »
Had this one up for a few short minutes, until the wife came home and said "too big, too red!"

Hahaha!!!

It is now back in its tube.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #280 on: July 01, 2019, 09:24:01 PM »
I don't know how the Man With No Name could be smaller, T!  Do you think using the Windex made the reds "pop" too much?  Okie

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #281 on: July 02, 2019, 06:54:44 AM »
It does rather make a statement.  But I love it.

Like the chest in front of it too...??

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #282 on: July 10, 2019, 12:53:14 PM »
14,999 wow! I wonder what's going to be the 15,000th?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2019, 10:27:44 PM »
Yep, my little collection is growing bigger.  At a much slower pace, though.  It took me 14 months to add 1,000 posters (It usually takes less than a year.  Slacker!!!)  Call it lack of interest, lack of time, kids, new house, life, all of the above probably.  For instance, I'm having a really hard time bidding on anything on Sundays.  Just too busy running around. 

I've now been collecting for 18 years now (yikes!)

And I'm still missing some 200+ posters "lost" while transferring websites.  I found a few, but not many.  Probably lost forever.

#15,000 is probably this Back to the Future 2 B0.  Nothing to scream about, but a Spielberg, so kinda relevant.

Looking at my collection,  I now have:

2,533 French posters (mostly large ones)
1,736 Horror posters
1,638 Spielberg related posters (directed and produced, excluding DreamWorks)
1,441 Japanese posters
770 Lobby card complete sets
673 Italian posters
613 Numbered prints (Mondo etc)
551 posters from 1984 movies (my biggest year of collecting)
523 Superhero posters
506 Brigitte Bardot posters (quite proud of this one)
460 Bus shelters
448 1985 posters
438 1982 posters (seems like I like the 80s)
385 Eastwood posters

All are on my website, of course.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline monocle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #284 on: August 08, 2019, 07:43:37 PM »
That Italian 'For a Few Dollars More' is utterly splendid. Um, 460 bus shelters?! Do you own 460 buses? Equally impressive.
Nick
Utter gent.

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #285 on: August 11, 2019, 11:41:11 PM »
Such a great collection. Sorry all haven’t been around much. Been super busy with life and working.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #286 on: August 20, 2019, 11:08:53 PM »
I miss, T!  Summer vacation?  Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #287 on: August 25, 2019, 04:47:52 PM »
I miss, T!  Summer vacation?  Okie

Yes, been traveling a lot and took a much needed breather from collecting.  I'm back now and ready to collect :)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #288 on: August 25, 2019, 06:12:04 PM »
Yes, been traveling a lot and took a much needed breather from collecting.  I'm back now and ready to collect :)

T

Welcome back, T!  I hope you enjoyed your travels.  Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #289 on: October 01, 2019, 02:39:00 AM »
Ah, the fun of collecting.

I'm adding a few flat files to store my collection, so I have to move stuff around and re-organize some drawers.  The pile you see here is about 1,200 large French posters.  I checked a few as I was moving them around... some good stuff I forgot about.  Now back in the drawers.

T
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 02:41:54 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #290 on: October 02, 2019, 02:02:25 AM »
Ah, the fun of collecting.

I'm adding a few flat files to store my collection, so I have to move stuff around and re-organize some drawers.  The pile you see here is about 1,200 large French posters.  I checked a few as I was moving them around... some good stuff I forgot about.  Now back in the drawers.

T

What a grande pile of French posters!  Okie

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #291 on: October 03, 2019, 06:58:49 AM »
I've just purchased my first plan chest after much deliberation and concern about where to put it. I'm just starting to fill it and I have to say, it's really nice to see some of the posters I've collected for once in the 'paper' rather than just an image on the screen.

You must have a huge place to have all those plan chests. 10 drawers are going to have to do for me, but it's 10 more than I used to have!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #292 on: October 03, 2019, 06:27:00 PM »
Yep, that's what I'm going through right now.  Removing the posters was easy, putting them back is a royal pain.  But like you said, it allows me to see posters I forgot about.  I think I'm good for another couple of years now.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #293 on: May 03, 2020, 07:23:21 AM »
Bad day?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2020, 08:17:51 AM »
You're right.  I was annoyed.  I removed it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #295 on: May 04, 2020, 08:09:21 AM »
All's good.

Congrats on the emp pick up last night!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #296 on: May 04, 2020, 02:58:51 PM »
Trying to build my little collection one step at a time.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2020, 01:31:11 PM »
What did you get on emp? Little collection... HA!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #298 on: May 06, 2020, 03:05:52 PM »

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2020, 04:45:14 PM »
I've always loved that 2001 poster, I think it's beautiful. Congrats.