Author Topic: James Bond  (Read 615221 times)

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
Re: James Bond
« Reply #2150 on: September 11, 2020, 07:35:56 AM »
I would love to know how a design like this is created. How much input the film makers have in the decisions or if it really is just down to the marketing department/designers. I'm sure the designer is following a pretty strict brief to produce this.

Maybe we overestimate the importance of the poster. I have to admit I have little interest in James Bond so I don't have an attachment to the posters but having seen the trailer I really wanted to see the movie. So maybe the efforts go into producing the trailers rather than designing the posters?

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2151 on: September 11, 2020, 09:31:37 AM »
Yeah.  If I had dropped £200m on a product, I would want something more inspiring, and perhaps more importantly, in keeping with said product.

Don't understand it.  One of the producers is a big photography buff too, one might have thought he'd have weighed in and sorted them out.  or, dumped Empire Design altogether.

Bloody hopeless.

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #2152 on: September 18, 2020, 02:01:00 AM »
RIP mrs 007 , Diana Rigg :'(

Met her at EMS '11 and got some amazing ooak items sgd  bed1

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #2153 on: September 18, 2020, 01:50:56 PM »
11 new character posters up on imdb. Gotta collect them all?

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2154 on: September 18, 2020, 09:26:02 PM »
Add this one to the pile too. The boredom and laziness continues........  uhno

All the "new" character posters are the same shots as before but the background is different, like the latest Craig advance.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2155 on: September 19, 2020, 04:40:57 AM »
11 new character posters up on imdb. Gotta collect them all?

13 here, including the previously released Bond one.

https://www.007.com/new-no-time-to-die-character-posters/

In the UK, six posters have been released.  In the above link, they are saying all these will be in the cinemas.  One wonders if they are printing so much because nothing else will be released around then. All the wall space will be theirs.

I suppose they will have to be collected.  Hope they don't do them twice for the US and the International market!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2156 on: September 19, 2020, 07:27:01 AM »
It seems the previously released Bond b/w poster was just a part of a wider set of six character posters, at least here in the UK.  Let's see what the US prints.

Anyway, herewith the glory.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2157 on: September 19, 2020, 10:56:46 AM »
I got them all yesterday, just so I can move on to something else.

Oh but wait... there is nothing else.

:(

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2158 on: September 21, 2020, 03:55:49 AM »
Of limited interest to only the most insane of Bond poster fans.

I recently decided to compile a list of all the US / UK / US for International (English language) 1 Sheets for the Bond films.

I came across an R80 for OHMSS that had both Dom and Int versions.  It is the only film title for the series that printed both.  Is this news?  (Note: I am not asking if it is interesting.)

(btw, for those searching at emp, different search results come up for both 'Majestys' and 'Majesty's'.  The apostrophe.)

Best.

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/238914.html

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/8562160.html

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2159 on: September 21, 2020, 07:34:19 AM »
And the goodness continues to flow in.

The UK 1 Sheet.  As distinct from the US and International ones which I daresay you are dying to see the differences from, and which I am obligated to pop up once arrived.

(Sorry, have tried twice now to get it portrait, but it is not playing)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 07:36:09 AM by Simes »

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #2160 on: September 22, 2020, 08:42:33 AM »
I miss the old Bond poster days...the lazy photoshop era is most exposed with 007.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2161 on: September 22, 2020, 10:07:57 AM »
Stop worrying about Bond and whatnot and start concentrating on your awful Celtics.

Go Lakers!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Hoarder
« Reply #2162 on: September 22, 2020, 11:31:12 PM »
Hugo Drax has gone into space.......RIP Michael Lonsdale , met him 5 yrs in Lon , low key and modest

-Kotto is last man standing of 70s main villains

-Julian Glover , Walken , Kotto only ones left from Moore era now

-both of Jaws' bosses gone now , Jurgens died almost 40 yrs ago

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2163 on: October 02, 2020, 08:47:38 PM »
Well, Covid-19 has once again pulled the trigger on OO7. Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have officially announced today the November release of NTTD has been scrapped. The new release date, at least for now, is April 2021. This is assuming Covid hasn't completely destroyed the theatergoing experience. Here is the NY/NJ area it's been a total disaster. The only theatres open are the big chains like AMC. Almost all the smaller neighborhood theatres are dark, and likely to remain that way for some time, if they open again at all. I know of at least 2 local houses that have shuttered permanently. One is in the process of being gutted and turned into self storage and one is up for sale. It seems like at least for now the only safe way to see a movie is in a pop-up drive-in type of set up. But with winter coming on, they will disappear for at least 4 or 5 months depending on the weather. Sad times indeed, my boys, sad times.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2164 on: October 03, 2020, 06:46:16 AM »
Well, Covid-19 has once again pulled the trigger on OO7. Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have officially announced today the November release of NTTD has been scrapped. The new release date, at least for now, is April 2021. This is assuming Covid hasn't completely destroyed the theatergoing experience. Here is the NY/NJ area it's been a total disaster. The only theatres open are the big chains like AMC. Almost all the smaller neighborhood theatres are dark, and likely to remain that way for some time, if they open again at all. I know of at least 2 local houses that have shuttered permanently. One is in the process of being gutted and turned into self storage and one is up for sale. It seems like at least for now the only safe way to see a movie is in a pop-up drive-in type of set up. But with winter coming on, they will disappear for at least 4 or 5 months depending on the weather. Sad times indeed, my boys, sad times.

Yeah just heard from the cinema I work at in the UK same here, gutted. Still on furlough here and was hoping to get back to work next month for Bond - now fuck knows what's gonna happen in the UK cinemas. Who indeed are going to survive. These mainstream cinemas need to do some adventurous programming as they are all showing a pile of shit films at the moment!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2165 on: October 03, 2020, 06:52:44 AM »
Which cinema is that?

I believe a number of them were pinning hopes on Bond to provide some revenue, if not profit.  Feel sorry for the whole lot of you.

Looking at other sites, it seems there was some discord between MGM, who needs money (as they always do), and Universal who can afford the longer game.  So all the marketing with the November date was MGM releasing it and hoping Universal wouldn't blink.  Well they did!

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2166 on: October 03, 2020, 07:12:44 AM »
Which cinema is that?

I work at the Printworks 20 screener in Manchester. The cinema reopened a month or two ago but didn't take back all the staff and were hoping to bring us all back in for the Bond release - can't see that happening now as the hours for those that are working are shit due to the lack of box office films and poor attendences. And Covid in Manchester is not getting any better!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2167 on: October 03, 2020, 07:33:57 AM »
Oh God, you're up there.

Very sorry for you.

Erm, keep smiling!

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2168 on: October 03, 2020, 10:53:40 AM »
I miss the old Bond poster days...the lazy photoshop era is most exposed with 007.

I agree, these posters for the Bond film are a pile of pants!! Might be worth a bit of money in years to come but as for the aesthetics - they are boring character photo posters. I wouldn't grace my collection with them.

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2169 on: October 03, 2020, 10:12:43 PM »
http://cinematreasures.org/

For anyone interested, this website has listings for thousands of theatres worldwide. Might be helpful if you want to check on your local cinema or just want to explore.

• Hoarder
« Reply #2170 on: October 12, 2020, 11:02:31 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtds2KcOfPo

ooak  faint2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pdABGrpCiU

AFAIK , only 2 complete sets been sold since '98...this is one of those 2 (in public at least)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 11:13:07 PM by Tang Lung in Rome »

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2171 on: October 19, 2020, 05:02:31 AM »
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAMES-BOND-COLLECTION-OF-26-ORIGINAL-UK-QUAD-CINEMA-POSTERS-30-X-40-INCHES/174485346668?hash=item28a023196c:g:c20AAOSw-4pZzYsi

An interesting, and hopeful, way of selling many posters.

Was going to stick this in the Sellers' Experiences section but didn't think was worth a separate thread.

£80k for roughly £25k's worth of posters.  And doesn't even show images of all the items, never mind close ups and detailed descriptions. 

Bless.

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #2172 on: October 19, 2020, 07:15:54 AM »
Postage is only £9.50 though, so that's quite reasonable for all those posters.

Offline Bart

• Beginner
« Reply #2173 on: October 19, 2020, 08:46:11 AM »
Hi,sims are you picking anything from Eubanks ,cheers Paul.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2174 on: October 19, 2020, 08:48:55 AM »
Hi, not this time.

Possibly for the James Bond auction in November, if that is not again postponed to tie in with the ever postponed film.  Follow my leader...