Author Topic: James Bond  (Read 295347 times)

Online skyjackers

• Collector
Re: James Bond
« Reply #2150 on: September 11, 2020, 07:35:56 AM »
I would love to know how a design like this is created. How much input the film makers have in the decisions or if it really is just down to the marketing department/designers. I'm sure the designer is following a pretty strict brief to produce this.

Maybe we overestimate the importance of the poster. I have to admit I have little interest in James Bond so I don't have an attachment to the posters but having seen the trailer I really wanted to see the movie. So maybe the efforts go into producing the trailers rather than designing the posters?

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2151 on: September 11, 2020, 09:31:37 AM »
Yeah.  If I had dropped 200m on a product, I would want something more inspiring, and perhaps more importantly, in keeping with said product.

Don't understand it.  One of the producers is a big photography buff too, one might have thought he'd have weighed in and sorted them out.  or, dumped Empire Design altogether.

Bloody hopeless.

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #2152 on: September 18, 2020, 02:01:00 AM »
RIP mrs 007 , Diana Rigg :'(

Met her at EMS '11 and got some amazing ooak items sgd  bed1

Online skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #2153 on: September 18, 2020, 01:50:56 PM »
11 new character posters up on imdb. Gotta collect them all?

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2154 on: September 18, 2020, 09:26:02 PM »
Add this one to the pile too. The boredom and laziness continues........  uhno

All the "new" character posters are the same shots as before but the background is different, like the latest Craig advance.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2155 on: September 19, 2020, 04:40:57 AM »
11 new character posters up on imdb. Gotta collect them all?

13 here, including the previously released Bond one.

https://www.007.com/new-no-time-to-die-character-posters/

In the UK, six posters have been released.  In the above link, they are saying all these will be in the cinemas.  One wonders if they are printing so much because nothing else will be released around then. All the wall space will be theirs.

I suppose they will have to be collected.  Hope they don't do them twice for the US and the International market!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2156 on: September 19, 2020, 07:27:01 AM »
It seems the previously released Bond b/w poster was just a part of a wider set of six character posters, at least here in the UK.  Let's see what the US prints.

Anyway, herewith the glory.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2157 on: September 19, 2020, 10:56:46 AM »
I got them all yesterday, just so I can move on to something else.

Oh but wait... there is nothing else.

:(

T
My Personal Collection of 14,000+ Posters

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)