Author Topic: James Bond  (Read 615449 times)

Offline eric160634

• Beginner
Re: James Bond
« Reply #2100 on: March 04, 2020, 01:19:23 PM »
As the film has been pushed back 7 months, that’ll be 50 variants now! The April dated posters and now the soon to be made November dated posters?

This was the same though I had when I saw news of the delay.

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2101 on: March 04, 2020, 08:25:05 PM »
It could go either way. The same advances could be reprinted with the November date, or they could go in the other direction and give Empire Design the kiss off and go with another firm that can come up with something way better. They've got the time to do it now. Either way, it looks like Simon is gonna be busy this spring!  ;D

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #2102 on: March 05, 2020, 02:08:52 AM »
I doubt they’ll change from Empire. Most probably just a date change and the campaign will continue as planned.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2103 on: March 05, 2020, 03:54:40 AM »
Aside from feeling sorry for myself, I feel sorry for the talent.

They will now have to speak of all this for seven long months meaning, by the time 'promotion' is due to kick off again, they will be thoroughly bored of the whole damned topic.

As for posters, was thinking about this.  They wouldn't trot out the exact same designs would they?  A sprucing up to differentiate from the old would be expected, no?

As for scarcity, one bright spark on ebay has already got one teaser up for £475!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2104 on: March 05, 2020, 04:11:45 AM »
As for variants, they have really cut down on all this nonsense this time around.

For Skyfall and SPECTRE, there were seven teaser 1 Sheet variants between the US and UK.  Not even a fact any sane person should Know, much less be sharing.  This time, three.

Of course by the time the film comes around again, it'll be back up to seven!

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #2105 on: March 05, 2020, 12:04:15 PM »
just what the world needs - more JB posters

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #2106 on: March 06, 2020, 11:23:22 PM »
It says "James Bond" on the tin so why complain  :P

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2107 on: March 13, 2020, 07:52:20 PM »
Well it looks like we're getting the same ol' advances again, at least of Craig. A side by side comparison shows "November" on the new 1-sheet, and Bond's gun has been altered. Looks like a silencer or a different gun but it's bigger. Yes, Simon will be busy this summer.  ;)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2108 on: March 14, 2020, 07:07:02 AM »
Where did you find that?

Note they now don't say November of which year...!

They've rejigged Craig somewhat, made him fill more of the poster...  Oh well.  Was hoping for a redesign, especially since the recently closed TalentHouse Art Competition brought some real inspiration to the world of poster art.

https://007.talenthouse.com/i/design-artwork-inspired-by-daniel-craigs-bond-films/submissions.  Of which, for a modern poster, I like this one.

https://007.talenthouse.com/i/1746/submission/407130/2bf7d635

Is aware that you really don't need much more than the title plus a '007'.  Immediately eye catching, plus if you want to hang around there are things to search for.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 07:40:26 AM by Simes »

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2109 on: April 03, 2020, 12:33:49 PM »
The above November poster was a fan just having some fun with the Spot the Difference game.

Anyway, three posters, two which arrived in March and one today, in April.  All posted in March but again here just for completion.

Minor differences to the three aside from the dates.  All 1 Sheet sized and all double sided.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2110 on: April 03, 2020, 02:06:59 PM »
The one at the bottom seems fake to me.  It looks super cropped.  Imax is too big.  Do you actually have it in hand?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2111 on: April 03, 2020, 03:52:06 PM »
Indeed.  All posters are most definitely in hand and compared before popping up here.

If you note, all the posters have been cropped differently - even the two US April posters, of which one belongs to the AMC chain.

I bought the Coming Soon one from Thailand.  It was a punt but the chap's feedback was positive and he packed an absolute dream.  This same is being sold from Singapore also, but also from the US based Ddilts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/No-Time-To-Die-original-DS-movie-poster-27x40-D-S-Bond-INTL-IMAX/313044716990?hash=item48e2eb4dbe:g:zTgAAOSwckdefRwj

So, there is a degree of comfort gained from this association.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2112 on: April 03, 2020, 04:00:44 PM »
Okay.  I trust you most.  Dale doesn't have it anymore, so I'll buy one from Singapore.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2113 on: April 04, 2020, 05:13:24 AM »
Dale!  That's the chap's name.  Completely forgot...

The Thai guy is highqposter on eBay.  Good coms and packs a treat.

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #2114 on: April 04, 2020, 07:03:35 AM »
Are you after the banners? Seem to be popping up on Ebay.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2115 on: April 04, 2020, 08:18:13 AM »
Hi, yes I am after the banners.

That said, I bought what I thought was a complete set of four (Bond, Nomi, Safin, Paloma) only to find that there is at a fifth (Madeleine) and from hearsay, a sixth (Q).  This set I bought for high £200s.

I am in need (one can quantify this 'need' later) of Madeleine and Q.

Only Madeleine is currently available on eBay but at £350.  He isn't coming down, yet.

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #2116 on: April 04, 2020, 08:50:21 AM »
Sets can be a challenge. In my inexperienced days I would never buy partial sets or singles. I now realise to my cost that’s not a smart move. My completist self has learned to love the partial set, in the hope it will eventually become complete.

In my experience banners are becoming harder to track down. Some sets will no doubt remain incomplete.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2117 on: April 04, 2020, 09:46:00 AM »
For both Skyfall and SPECTRE, the sets were of four.  Bond, Baddie and two girls.  I thought when buying the NTTD set it followed the same ethos.

But from what the seller was saying, sets of four were distributed but that the sets were different concoctions in this film.

Will find 'em eventually.

• Hoarder
« Reply #2118 on: April 04, 2020, 08:26:20 PM »
55 yrs ago filming of TB in Bahamas

• Hoarder
« Reply #2119 on: April 12, 2020, 11:17:31 AM »
Met Honor B   11 yrs ago :(

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2120 on: May 07, 2020, 10:54:13 PM »
I've had this piece in my collection for over 30 years and I've never seen another like it. I lent it for display when the Lafayette Theatre in Suffern NY played it with their Big Screen Classics series years ago. The insert and lobby cards are not mine. I acquired it in the mid 80's from a man I dealt with who was raiding the UA vaults. It's printed in 3 pieces, and is in need of linen backing.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2121 on: May 08, 2020, 09:15:43 PM »
Do you happen to know the name of the poster size of your  YOLT Bond, Cabman?  Okie

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2122 on: May 09, 2020, 04:27:36 PM »
No idea. I've never seen another like it. I'm assuming it was made to be glued to walls or those tall column-like poles all over France. It looks like they took the top part of the almost lifesized poster of Bond, trimmed it down to a thin poster, printed the top Sean Connery Est James Bond and the bottom with the title and the theatres where it played.

I found it in a box with a lot of miscellaneous UA still sets from the 50's and paperwork that my connection was diverting out the side door and into his car. It was originally taped together with that nasty Scotch Cellotape which fell off, dried and crumbling, when I opened it. As you can see the tape did it's work by leaving a long brown stain on the top of the poster. Don't ask me about value because I truly couldn't say. I think it's safe to say it's fairly rare though.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2123 on: May 09, 2020, 11:47:43 PM »
No idea. I've never seen another like it. I'm assuming it was made to be glued to walls or those tall column-like poles all over France. It looks like they took the top part of the almost lifesized poster of Bond, trimmed it down to a thin poster, printed the top Sean Connery Est James Bond and the bottom with the title and the theatres where it played.

I found it in a box with a lot of miscellaneous UA still sets from the 50's and paperwork that my connection was diverting out the side door and into his car. It was originally taped together with that nasty Scotch Cellotape which fell off, dried and crumbling, when I opened it. As you can see the tape did it's work by leaving a long brown stain on the top of the poster. Don't ask me about value because I truly couldn't say. I think it's safe to say it's fairly rare though.

It's an interesting tall size, Cabman. Fun to see something different.  Thanks for sharing! Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2124 on: May 10, 2020, 01:10:28 AM »
I'm sure Simes knows.  He is our Bond expert.  There is nothing about Bond he doesn't know.

T
My Personal Collection