Author Topic: James Bond  (Read 622485 times)

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
Re: James Bond
« Reply #1500 on: August 07, 2014, 05:26:26 PM »
Definitely exist as one of the guys I know had a few.
Best wishes,
Adam

Mirosae

« Reply #1501 on: August 10, 2014, 05:55:19 PM »
Missed out  these two. I was too late as they are already sold by Kino.Not the best bond. But my favourite posters ..

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #1502 on: August 10, 2014, 05:59:18 PM »
Missed out  these two. I was too late as they are already sold by Kino.Not the best bond. But my favourite posters ..

Not trying to go off topic  8) but I have shopped there a few times.

Wolfgang is recommended.  thumbsup.gif

Mirosae

« Reply #1503 on: August 10, 2014, 06:03:03 PM »

Wolfgang is recommended.  thumbsup.gif

Absolutely.  And he has great great posters :)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #1504 on: August 10, 2014, 06:24:18 PM »
He told me how crappy this one was before I bought it. He was right. Great guy to deal with I have found.  :)

Mirosae

« Reply #1505 on: August 10, 2014, 06:28:37 PM »
Clearly you've got some good "bikinis" there.. ;)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #1506 on: August 13, 2014, 07:13:33 AM »
This again only for those of very special and unique disposition, and further to more info coming in about the Bond US lobby cards, these images showing the two different sets for From Russia with Love.

The two sets are differentiated by the hues - some people call them purple and rose.  I think one is more b/w and the other red tinted.

Also, the numbers for the first five cards are juxtaposed.

I could do with replacement Helicopter chase cards (#2 and 3) for both sets as they have pinholes and tape marks.  I am also missing cards 7 and 8 on b/w set.  All the cards in these cards are in good flat condition.  The backing was a bed, hence the waveform.

This 'service' will stop as soon as people have had enough...

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:15:47 AM by Simes »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1507 on: August 13, 2014, 08:53:50 PM »
This 'service' will stop as soon as people have had enough...

Your contributions to this forum -- especially this thread -- are more than a 'service.'
They are a meticulous accounting of memorabilia unlike anything I have seen anywhere else on the internet.
Your expertise on all things Bond is always welcome.
Keep bringing it on.
 cheers

Now, send me one of those Daniela Bianchi cards.  You have too many.  wynk

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #1508 on: August 15, 2014, 08:30:30 AM »
these have to be the worse Bond posters ever

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #1509 on: August 15, 2014, 09:33:04 AM »
And further to further information surfacing about the OHMSS lobby cards, herewith some further servicing.

(I know fellas, sometimes I wear myself out too)

Two differing sets, unique only by the presence, or lack thereof, of the Soundtrack information.  Seems this era had a couple of hiccups as to whether to include Soundtrack info or not as the same can be seen with differing versions of the Diamonds are Forever UK quad.  And clearly this was not confined only to one side of the pond either.

Anyway, herewith.  I am looking also for a mint condition card #7 with Soundtrack info, and a mint complete set withOUT soundtrack info.  (If anyone is a/ reading this and b/ can help out.)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #1510 on: August 19, 2014, 10:26:24 PM »
I stand corrected - THIS has to be the worse bond poster ever.  He looks like my uncle.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:27:11 PM by Crazy Vick »

Mirosae

« Reply #1511 on: August 20, 2014, 06:06:50 PM »
I stand corrected - THIS has to be the worse bond poster ever.  He looks like my uncle

You mean..Timothy Dalton?

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #1512 on: August 20, 2014, 07:32:56 PM »
Yes!  :) I'll have to dig up a picture. 
For the record, my uncle would be the worst James Bond ever...unless James Bond goes into cool stealth mode after 2pm - which is about the tmie my uncle wakes up every day.   :P

Mirosae

« Reply #1513 on: August 21, 2014, 04:39:49 AM »
Yes!  :) I'll have to dig up a picture. 
For the record, my uncle would be the worst James Bond ever...unless James Bond goes into cool stealth mode after 2pm - which is about the tmie my uncle wakes up every day.   :P
HAHA that made me laugh.  If he has a hairy chest then he might be the perfect Bond. ;D

Offline Sunsanvil

• Beginner
« Reply #1514 on: August 29, 2014, 06:42:41 AM »
Greetings all.  New to the forum.  New to the whole poster scene.  I count myself a Bond fan so I thought I'd check in here.

I'd love to bounce some Bond specific questions off of the connoisseurs if anyone is willing it put up with a noob. :) 

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #1515 on: August 29, 2014, 07:04:40 AM »
Go for it.

Offline Sunsanvil

• Beginner
« Reply #1516 on: August 29, 2014, 07:27:20 AM »
As of what movie would we find both rolled and folded US 1-sheets?  Assuming otherwise identical condition, which is more valuable?

Is the market simply flooded with Moonraker US 1-sheets, or is it the most faked poster in history? :)  They seem to be for sale everywhere.

Has anyone ever definitively answered the question as to the nature of the R80 posters?  I've read the article which asserts almost all of them were made from a photo of an original (which in my mind makes them something of an "authorized repo", the exception perhaps being Goldfinger), while others have told me no, they were definitely a quality print run in their own right.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 07:31:36 AM by Sunsanvil »

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #1517 on: August 29, 2014, 07:42:41 AM »
As of what movie would we find both rolled and folded US 1-sheets?  Assuming otherwise identical condition, which is more valuable?

Is the market simply flooded with Moonraker US 1-sheets, or is it the most faked poster in history? :)  They seem to be for sale everywhere.

Has anyone ever definitively answered the question as to the nature of the R80 posters?  I've read the article which asserts almost all of them were made from a photo of an original (which in my mind makes them something of an "authorized repo", the exception perhaps being Goldfinger), while others have told me no, they were definitely a quality print run in their own right.

1.  From the 70's, US 1 sheets were rolled.  Not all, but a share of them.  For my part, I only have rolled US 1 Sheets from Eyes Only.  Again for my part, I only have rolled US 1 sheets from GoldenEye.

2.  I don't believe Moonraker has been faked.  It was simply a huge movie for which there was a huge print run of each version.  So yes, the market is full of 'em.

3.  The 80's Festival run was a 'restrike' run.  The photo element being correct.  The Goldfinger exception alo being correct.  In terms of the venerable term, 'original', for my part I take them as original, but with their own history and respective lesser value.  These are not knock offs, or reprints, or licenced commercial posters.  They were intended for the cinema.

Hope that helps.

Offline Sunsanvil

• Beginner
« Reply #1518 on: August 29, 2014, 07:58:44 AM »
Thanks!

2.  I don't believe Moonraker has been faked.  It was simply a huge movie for which there was a huge print run of each version.  So yes, the market is full of 'em.

Follow up question, are there any to be extra cautious of in this context?  I mean, I'm not going after an original fine condition Thunderball any time soon (:P), but has there been any notorious dupes in the Bond poster world?

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #1519 on: August 29, 2014, 08:47:38 AM »
Not to my knowledge.

Completely irreverently, there are reports of some FYEO fake lobby cards.  Although why anyone would go to the expense of faking something readily available is unknown.

The one caveat to the first sentence is to not buy anything from ebay seller Bradburied.  He is purported to sell fakes across the board, but are easy to see.

Cheers.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1520 on: August 29, 2014, 09:15:24 AM »
Steer clear of stuff with the wrong measurements (under-sized quads especially) and you should be ok for the most part.  I'm not aware of any full size repros of US material.  That said, I think Paul mentioned there could be a bootleg Goldfinger that measures 30x40...

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1521 on: August 29, 2014, 11:06:29 AM »
A good way to get your feet wet is post some specific examples of ones you are not sure about, and await the appropriate feedback from folks here.

On Bonds, most repros are listed as such. Be very careful of 007 paper that is listed as original release but are really part of the infamous 80s reissues. (Usually indicated by title in block letters in lower right, surrounded by quotes, however LALD and DAF do not have this indicator...those a tad more tricky).

Again, you will get the help you need around here for sure.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #1522 on: August 29, 2014, 11:41:36 AM »
Steer clear of stuff with the wrong measurements (under-sized quads especially) and you should be ok for the most part.  I'm not aware of any full size repros of US material.  That said, I think Paul mentioned there could be a bootleg Goldfinger that measures 30x40...

And Thunderball, and one of the you only live twice Quads, though all 3 of these should measure 31"x41" if original.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1523 on: August 29, 2014, 11:58:15 AM »
And Thunderball, and one of the you only live twice Quads, though all 3 of these should measure 31"x41" if original.

Really? Are those exact measurements or precise?
Didn't know this.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1524 on: August 29, 2014, 12:14:35 PM »
I thought I heard there were two printings of the YOLT posters -- 30x40 and 31x41 (with the latter being more common).