Author Topic: Movie Poster Authentication Book  (Read 47890 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Movie Poster Authentication Book
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2017, 01:55:39 PM »
Does anyone know if Dan ever got his book, or revised website off the ground and up and running? He hasnt been back to APF since 2014. Is he still involved in the hobby and has anyone been in touch with him?

This is a really good thread and invaluable with the info he was offering in his earlier posts. Here's hoping he might come back.  prayer.gif

-Jeff

Offline porkinsred6

• Beginner
Re: Movie Poster Authentication Book
« Reply #201 on: January 05, 2019, 08:48:07 PM »

I have a printer proof (yes I use that term) for The Muppet Movie where only some of the art is printed but no credits which is "rare" but as for increase value?

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, I hope Dan is still around reading this. Does anyone know if he consigned this poster to Bruce? I bought one of these on EMP recently and comparing it to production versions of the poster I think it's an early test. Not only are the credits not present but the colors are a little different and the title is not outlined so it's hard to read. The final version has a nice dark outline on the title making it stand out from the sky background.  So I consider this a test print to test how well the image and title look. It clearly could be better so the title was changed to be outlined and the sky was darkened a bit to make it contrast more with the white title letters. 

Happy to be here and reading up on old threads