Author Topic: Sayonara to the art print world  (Read 9346 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Sayonara to the art print world
« on: March 10, 2012, 12:34:22 PM »
Selling most of my remaining art prints to concentrate on original movie posters:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/alphamel1968/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Sayonara to the art print world
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 12:40:42 PM »
Selling most of my remaining art prints to concentrate on original movie posters:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/alphamel1968/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

clap

Just my opinion...
Chris

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 01:17:20 PM »
And mine also... clap
It's more than a Hobby...

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 01:18:31 PM »
clap

Just my opinion...

Actually, I'm probably being foolish in the short and medium term by abandoning movie art prints, especially Mondos (although I still think they will flag in the long run).  I've made a fair amount of money selling the Mondo posters and have lost my @ss on original movie posters.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 02:52:35 PM »
Actually, I'm probably being foolish in the short and medium term by abandoning movie art prints, especially Mondos (although I still think they will flag in the long run).  I've made a fair amount of money selling the Mondo posters and have lost my @ss on original movie posters.

Well do you want to collect what you like or sell paper for profit?
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 09:06:49 PM »
This sale just proves that the Mondo posters (and movie art prints generally) are red hot right now.  I sold seven of the thirteen prints in just three days for reasonable "Buy It Now" prices (six month average price) and they're getting crazy attention with minimal promotion. I paid $45 for the Tribbles posters just a year ago. But when will the bubble burst (or will it)?

« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:10:35 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »