Author Topic: The Official Emovieposter Bashing Thread  (Read 6065 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
The Official Emovieposter Bashing Thread
« on: January 26, 2019, 04:14:30 PM »
There you go!!!  Post your little hearts out.  This thread will not be moderated.  Heck, I'll stay out of it altogether.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Re: The Official Emovieposter Bashing Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 04:25:54 PM »
Too much negativity here, no wonder our best buddy the babe-banger left.

I will start this thread out with something nice and positive - Emovie has not sold any reprint Godzilla posters as original in a long time.
 :)
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 12:19:05 PM »
never change, APF.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 12:37:27 PM »
Very sad to report that Emovieposter's months long streak of not selling any reprint Godzilla posters as original theatrical ones looks like it will be coming to an end today.
 :'( :'(
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 04:15:28 PM »
Very sad to report that Emovieposter's months long streak of not selling any reprint Godzilla posters as original theatrical ones looks like it will be coming to an end today.
 :'( :'(

Ghidrah poster?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 06:03:34 PM »
Ghidrah poster?

Yep.
It is a reprint (an authorized one) that came from part of a boxed set of paper materials released in 1984 (for the 30th anniversary of Godzilla and the relaunch of the series).  It's not a theatrical poster, there was no theatrical re-release of that movie in the 80s.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 12:12:14 PM »
Bruce, I have to call you out on this and hoping for an answer. I never had an issue with EMP before. But recently this is bugging me. And I still have all the emails.

I have sent multiple consignments to EMP to list. In March, I emailed asking what happened to two posters,
1- Class of Nuke Em High Quad
2-children shouldn’t play with dead things US one sheet.

You and Phil had mentioned they are both rare posters and you would be aware if you saw them, and for me to double check my collection again. I tripled checked and even emailed you that sometime after March. And now I see a US one sheet for Children Shouldn’t Play with dead things on this Tuesdays auction.

I received emails back in March saying it was either still in my collection, and also had mentioned I had 1 or 2 “repros” which were to be sent back, I never sent in those repro titles that were mentioned? or it was in the repro section... after that no response back

Now I see the Children Shouldn’t play with dead things one sheet up for sale,
 I emailed 3 times last week asking if this was my poster, etc. And no answer, beside the one that said Bruce is busy and will reply later(last Wednesday,Thursday)
This is a rare poster and hasn’t been up for sale in awhile. I mentioned I have two more that we’re sent to you. This one and Class of Nuke em high quad.

Now this one comes up for sale? Is this a coincidence you are saying? Please let me know. You must know who the consignor is and to ask if this was his poster?

And thinking... Mistakes have been made before as well. Not on my end.. you sent me back a 6 sheet poster before saying it was incomplete and charged me to ship it back. However, when I received it back. The poster was complete? All sheets were there and I had to put it on eBay...

But I would really like to know about the two posters I have not found, and one of them recently comes up for sale this week?
Bruce, I’m not bashing, but I would really like an answer. You, Phil and I have been privately emailing about these two for the past while, and now communication stops... Would just like and answer and would like to continue to do business with you.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 12:53:21 PM by bigmike »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 02:04:26 PM »
Given the bad shape of the poster you mention at Emovie (extra folds, PG sticker) it should be easily identifiable.  I can't imagine two identical posters with the extra same damages.  Also, it is Labor Day, a lot of folks are still on vacation.  Give Bruce a few days.  I'm sure he'll get back to you.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 02:09:37 PM »
Given the bad shape of the poster you mention at Emovie (extra folds, PG sticker) it should be easily identifiable.  I can't imagine two identical posters with the extra same damages.  Also, it is Labor Day, a lot of folks are still on vacation.  Give Bruce a few days.  I'm sure he'll get back to you.

T

I can absolutely respect that and the holiday. However, I’ve emailed them Wednesday morning since I saw it up for auction Tuesday night, where I keep getting brushed off... so that was 3 days for an answer from Phil or Bruce 3 days before the holiday..

Also I’m glad you mentioned the extra folds which wasn’t described in the listing... because mine had extra folds too.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 02:11:59 PM by bigmike »

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2019, 04:37:22 PM »
I actually shoot photos of almost everything I send out to anyone to sell, other than rolled posters I have stock on (I can shoot a pulp fiction in nm, but how can I prove the nm one you're selling is mine?)

Fortunately, I only had one experience of a seller mixing any part of my consignment with someone elses consignment over the last 30 years.
I included this story in a post once. I won't mention what auction that was.........

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 05:23:08 PM »
so how is this one shaking out Mike?

-------

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 05:27:16 PM »
so how is this one shaking out Mike?

Not good. Apparently it belonged to another consignor.
I only have a low resolution image of mine, but you can see mine was folded an additional time as well... but, coincidentally this consignor had one in similar condition to mine as well. I wonder if he has a Class of Nuke em High quad too?
My fault for trusting in a company, and not taking a photo or sending an inventory list though...
I only have my receipts, product description from where I bought it from and a low res picture for this one...