Author Topic: Belgian Posters??  (Read 10651 times)

Offline bigmike

• Collector
Re: Belgian Posters??
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 09:11:34 PM »
Well I received it. here it is.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:12:02 PM by bigmike »

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2016, 09:15:07 AM »
I was in belgium once and got a nasty cold...you could say I was a bit phlegmish

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2016, 12:28:47 PM »
Well I received it. here it is.

Cool poster, there, Mike.

Interesting, too, that it has some English text on it, too. At the top, it looks like it says, "A Film By Alex de la Iglesia"

And then in the bottom text block: "Written and Directed By"

Is there any printer's name or info on it anywhere?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:31:21 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2017, 03:03:40 PM »
Thanks Jeff,

, Yes I still have the poster. Holding on to that one as well.
I don't have any info, but I don't think it was a French poster. It is the size of a Thierry hates "Thierry hates "Thierry hates "French Grande""", but its not french. I will have to take a closer look when I have the poster out.

""Over the last few years, smaller distributors in Belgium have been using poster plates that were sent from the studios and printing them in Belgium. For example, if the film is coming from France, they may get the French plates for the Grande (47x63) and print it in Belgium to distribute. Then you would have a 47x63 French poster but it will have a Belgium printers tag. This saves money for the small distributor because he then does not have to pay for layout, drafting and artists to create the new posters and then the expense of having the plates made. So even though the printing cost may be slightly more, it eliminates all the pre-printing costs."" from LAMP

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2017, 03:41:34 PM »
Thanks for the info and blurb from LAMP, too.

I think if you find any printer's info on it, that may help solve the COO question, too.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:55:57 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2017, 01:31:56 AM »
Thanks Jeff,

, Yes I still have the poster. Holding on to that one as well.
I don't have any info, but I don't think it was a French poster. It is the size of a Thierry hates "Thierry hates "Thierry hates "Thierry hates "Thierry hates "Thierry hates "French Grande"""""", but its not french. I will have to take a closer look when I have the poster out.

""Over the last few years, smaller distributors in Belgium have been using poster plates that were sent from the studios and printing them in Belgium. For example, if the film is coming from France, they may get the French plates for the Grande (47x63) and print it in Belgium to distribute. Then you would have a 47x63 French poster but it will have a Belgium printers tag. This saves money for the small distributor because he then does not have to pay for layout, drafting and artists to create the new posters and then the expense of having the plates made. So even though the printing cost may be slightly more, it eliminates all the pre-printing costs."" from LAMP

Any news or new findings on this poster, Mike? Did you give it another close inspection?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 01:34:03 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 04:24:36 PM »
Hey Jeff.

I still have them in storage. So next time I pull the posters out. I will do an inspection of the poster for you and see if we can come up with any information.

Mike