Author Topic: Ebay sellers who cancel auctions after they have ended  (Read 47660 times)

Carson

Re: Ebay sellers who cancel auctions after they have ended
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 01:07:03 PM »
Mel, I understand, but consider the context. I'm talking specifically about the Porsche eBay deal posted by mahmudf, not enforcement mechanisms, the monarchy or petitioning the king for redress. How does saying I'd walk away from the Porsche on eBay segue into the perils of arbitrary decisions made by kings in the olden days? I do get your meaning, it just doesn't apply well here.

Suddenly I'm talking to Tom Cruse from TAPS. I appreciate your passion for your work, Mel, I do, but my point was simply that the pursuit of the Porsche isn't worth it. For some tool in a v-neck and bad cologne to impose his fleeting Porsche-lust on a congested court system is a glowing example of the stupidity that backs up our system. And there is a tool, just like the Porsche collector, around every corner willing to prioritize petty wants ahead of real cases involving people in need of help. I agree with you we need means of enforcing law, that wasn't the point. Finally, please put "Gentleman of fortune, lawyer from Washington D.C" back under your name or I will sue for breach of comedy.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 02:00:57 PM »
For some tool in a v-neck and bad cologne to impose his fleeting Porsche-lust on a congested court system is a glowing example of the stupidity that backs up our system.

ROTFLMAO  ;D

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 01:06:47 PM »
I'm talking specifically about the Porsche eBay deal posted by mahmudf,

If I'm ever able to afford a Porsche - probably never given how much I've been blowing on MPs - and somebody tries to bail on a good deal for one, then forget the lawsuit deal.  I'm gonna settle it "Texas style.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 11:51:58 PM by erik1925 »

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 04:22:34 AM »
in so far as the guy who backed out on the poster for $100.. he's an ass.. just neg the sumbitch

however on cars and real estate
it's interesting that on ebay, the rules actually say in those 2 areas (ebay real estate and ebay motors) the seller does not have to sell it to you after the auction ends. Check it out. It's shocking in the least

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 07:53:06 PM »
people who do it suck

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 07:44:59 PM »
There's a guy in France on eBay who keeps listing the same exact posters (one of them that I always see is the Curse of the Werewolf french poster) and I know he's had bids on it, then I see it again a week or so later.  It's kind of in rough shape and he's got multiple pictures of the tears, so it's unlikely he's got multiples, I think he's cancelling it before it ends.  Sometimes it will only stay up for a day or so, he'll have a couple bids then it's gone, back in another week. It's obvious he's doing something fishy.

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2015, 09:27:06 PM »
I was on another site where you purchase from different sellers. I purchased 4 posters from this one seller. Over 100 euro. The items end. He then tells me the items are no longer available. 3 days later. He reposts  the exact same items for sale and marks them all up by 20%. I figure okay, they are still in my budget. So I buy them all again. He replies again the items are no longer available and then states he doesnt want to ship them to Canada...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2015, 09:44:06 PM »
I was on another site where you purchase from different sellers. I purchased 4 posters from this one seller. Over 100 euro. The items end. He then tells me the items are no longer available. 3 days later. He reposts  the exact same items for sale and marks them all up by 20%. I figure okay, they are still in my budget. So I buy them all again. He replies again the items are no longer available and then states he doesnt want to ship them to Canada...

DOUCHE
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2015, 11:33:42 PM »

These types are the one that can make it all look SO bad on ebay.. the bad apples.

What a scumbag.  moron1

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2015, 12:04:42 AM »
Had this happen to me, tonight.  moron1

I bid on, and won a poster, messaged the seller about where and how to ship and paid, via Paypal..... all good.

I got back home an hour or so after paying, to see an email that my winning bid/shipping had been refunded with the reason being: "the poster was damaged and is now not sellable." What TOTAL BS.

I wrote back and asked if it wasnt for me to decide if I still wanted it, even with the damage? I also asked for a couple pics of said damage.

Will see what happens (if anything). But the seller also refunded me (via Paypal), so I'm not out any cash.

But still -- how rude and annoying when people pull this kind of scam, let alone expecting a buyer to believe the sudden, "damage" story.

I will be leaving big time NEG feedback, unless i get some reply that holds water, that's for sure.

(It's been a bit of a bumpy and "dinged" poster roll, lately, dealers included, who promise "solid" shipping , then have failed..... so this is just more icing on the proverbial, poster cake).  :P

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:33:21 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 06:55:04 AM »
grrrrrrrr
 moron1
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2015, 06:59:06 AM »
That sux, yes give him a big red neg for sure

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2015, 12:35:22 PM »
I wrote this seller a couple emails last night, all being polite yet direct, asking for pics of the damage (as well as a PM thru the bay messaging system).

No responses at all, so far this morning.

Her silence screams the truth here, it seems, imho.  eyeroll

-Jeff

Offline hepcatpunk

• Hobbyist
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2015, 03:25:33 PM »
Yeah, that's frustrating.  I'd leave a negative too----it's small consolation to you, but a good warning to those who might bid after you.

I recently won a Star Wars half-sheet for what I felt was a fair price.  After two weeks of nothing, I asked the seller for a refund.  I got the typical "death in the family, too busy" excuse....and of course, no poster.  Went to search for a new one on eBay and what do my eyes see, but the same poster for sale from same seller.  Total douchenozzle----left a negative and got my money back from eBay.  Now it sits with zero bidders and a negative for the next person to see....I get a little vindication, but I really wanted that poster!!!!
-Brian

• Post-aholic
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2015, 06:24:00 PM »
he got 4 bidders and only $30 in total bids above his 600 starting price.. what did he think he might be worth?
stupid.

-------

Offline hepcatpunk

• Hobbyist
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2015, 11:33:21 PM »
he got 4 bidders and only $30 in total bids above his 600 starting price.. what did he think he might be worth?
stupid.

Probably around 8.  It started as a BIN/BO for 9, I offered 5, they countered w/ 8, and I let it go.  Then it went to auction at 6 and I "won" at 630.  Bleh----such a waste of time.
-Brian

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2015, 04:03:39 AM »
Left the neg feedback for the scam artist, when, 24 hrs later, I got no further reply or explanation from her.

Moving on. 

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2015, 02:26:26 PM »
Probably around 8.  It started as a BIN/BO for 9, I offered 5, they countered w/ 8, and I let it go.  Then it went to auction at 6 and I "won" at 630.  Bleh----such a waste of time.

yeah just stupidity

-------

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2017, 12:44:52 PM »
Just happened again. I won an auction and was the only bidder. Paid. Seller decides to issue a refund and said can not complete transaction... devil 2 girly2.gif
Although, he did send an extra $10 payment as an apology...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2017, 01:17:14 PM »
Just happened again. I won an auction and was the only bidder. Paid. Seller decides to issue a refund and said can not complete transaction... devil 2 girly2.gif
Although, he did send an extra $10 payment as an apology...

Mike, he didnt say why he couldnt specifically complete the transaction?

The $10 added as the refund is suspicious, tho. Hmmmmm.  hmmm.gif

-Jeff

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2017, 01:34:07 PM »
Not sure.
I think he expected more bids, (and also offered free shipping).
Than later changed his mind.

That's what I think.

No reason was given.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2017, 03:40:18 PM »
Not sure.
I think he expected more bids, (and also offered free shipping).
Than later changed his mind.

That's what I think.

No reason was given.

I'm that was exactly the seller's thinking, Mike. He yanked it from you, holding out for more $$$.  :P

-Jeff